Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years

In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years :   So you are saying that you can't prove that Mitt Romney paid earned income taxes on the money that he later invested.  You've been blathering on this thread that Mitt Romney paid taxes on earned income(at normal income tax rates)  and now is being taxed on the profits from his investment made of that money.  You say he is being taxed twice.  Prove that he paid the earned income tax rate.
    Posted by vtfanofcs[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years : He pays 13 percent because he lives off his investments. He pays a tax on money that he has already paid taxes on when he claimed it as earned income. He's paying taxes on capital gains. You can't compare paying tax on capital gains because that money has already been taxed once and why the rate is lower then on it is on earned income. The tax rates on capital gains and earned income is totally different. What Romney has done is totally legal, if you don't like it change the law.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

When did he pay taxes the first time around.  Prove it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years :   So you are saying that you can't prove that Mitt Romney paid earned income taxes on the money that he later invested.

You have to be pretty stupid to believe that Romney didn't file tax forms that were totally legitmate.

Do you think he is dumb enough to claim on national TV that he paid 13 percent if he didn't?

The IRS would have been on him years ago.

But then again you believe everything Obama tells you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years :   When did he pay taxes the first time around.  Prove it.

Has Romney been charged by Obama's IRS as a tax cheat like Tim Geitner?

Did I miss some news somewhere at some point in time?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years : You have to be pretty stupid to believe that Romney didn't file tax forms that were totally legitmate. Do you think he is dumb enough to claim on national TV that he paid 13 percent if he didn't? The IRS would have been on him years ago. But then again you believe everything Obama tells you.

Why don't you answer the question?

You say Mitt Romney made earned income and paid the regular income tax rate.  Then invested that money and paid capital gains on the profits.(Though you actually said he paid taxes on the money he already paid taxes on)

Prove that Mitt Romney made his "investments" with money that he'd already paid income taxes on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years :     Why don't you answer the question?   You say Mitt Romney made earned income and paid the regular income tax rate.  Then invested that money and paid capital gains on the profits.(Though you actually said he paid taxes on the money he already paid taxes on)   Prove that Mitt Romney made his "investments" with money that he'd already paid income taxes on.

That's not the way things work in our country.

You falsely accuse someone of a crime and it is then their responsibility to proove their innocence? Sounds like a communist regime.

Maybe in backwater VT they do things that way but not where I live.

McCarthyism by Harry Reid and all the dumb democrat lemmings like yourself fall in line.

If Harry Reid has evidence that Romney is a tax cheat he needs to produce them or shut up.

You cannot go on the floor of the senate and slander a presidential candidate without evidence.

Romney doesn't have to proove anything, he's not guilty of anything.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years :     Why don't you answer the question?   You say Mitt Romney made earned income and paid the regular income tax rate.  Then invested that money and paid capital gains on the profits.(Though you actually said he paid taxes on the money he already paid taxes on)   Prove that Mitt Romney made his "investments" with money that he'd already paid income taxes on.

And why doesn't Obama release his Columbia transcripts?

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/obama%E2%80%99s-college-classmate-the-obama-scandal-is-at-columbia/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years : And why doesn't Obama release his Columbia transcripts? http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/obama%E2%80%99s-college-classmate-the-obama-scandal-is-at-columbia/

I guess you can't answer the question.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years :    I guess you can't answer the question.

How warped is this discussion?

I don't have to.

You can't prove that he cheated.

That's not the way things work.

You can't accuse someone of a crime without evidence to back up your claims.

Unless you have some money to fork over in court.

This is what is known as a witch hunt.

Obama slime politics.

I can accuse you of anything I like and then you have to prove your innocence.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Do you think that is ok to make charges against someone without proof?

Publicly charge another person with a crime without proof?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]Do you think that is ok to make charges against someone without proof? Publicly charge another person with a crime without proof?

YOU can't back up what YOU said.  Plain and simple.  Don't try to weasel out of it by making up things that aren't involved.  YOU can't back up what YOU said.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Maybe I'm going too fast for you.

Here are some examples to help you understand my last point.

A) Harry Reid accused Mitt Romney of not paying any taxes based on a discussion he had with an un-named source.

B) If I publicly stated on national TV that you were into beastiality because an un-named friend of yours told me that he witnessed you in the act would that be fair to you?

Note: Both cases un-named sources and no real proof.

See the similarities? Understand my point now?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Now to take it a step further.

Prove to me that what your friend said about you is not true.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Are you grasping my point now?

I knew I could get through.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

No doubt Romney's 13 % adds up to 10's of millions of dollars going to Federal, state, & local coffers. My guess as to Obama's personal contributions toward helping his fellow citizens & blood relatives via paying taxes adds up to yet another Obama deficit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Let's not even get started on all the tax paying jobs Romney has created as a private citizen & businessman vs. Obama's abysmal record of job killing. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe I'm going too fast for you. Here are some examples to help you understand my last point. A) Harry Reid accused Mitt Romney of not paying any taxes based on a discussion he had with an un-named source. B) If I publicly stated on national TV that you were into beastiality because an un-named friend of yours told me that he witnessed you in the act would that be fair to you? Note: Both cases un-named sources and no real proof. See the similarities? Understand my point now?

Maybe I'm going too fast for you clown.  YOU can't back up what YOU said.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

While I tend to agree that Cap. Gains taxes should be raised on the rich, with respect to PERSONAL income taxes on anything above ________  ($250,000?) dollars in PERSONAL INCOME, it would be counter productive to raise taxes on business earnings.  This could easily be done with cap. gains made on investment income in the stock market.  This should change!  I know it sounds like a "liberal" idea, but it is a matter of "paying your fair share" with respect to many who make fortunes in the stock market every year.  Their sole source of income, as they are living off of trust funds, & manipulating the markets, thus huge transfers of wealth from the middle class to the rich.  I know this will sound like a liberal idea, but trust me, I know.  Why should your average Joe pay almost 30% on a $45,000.00 / yr salary, while the rich pay a 10 - 15 % cap gains tax on everything they make???

Having said that, this is an issue demagogued by the left to distract from the abysmal failure of Obama!........  More to come......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years :   Maybe I'm going too fast for you clown.  YOU can't back up what YOU said.

I guess I'm dealing with a child.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

WHY DOES THE LEFT TRY TO DISTRACT FROM THE REAL ISSUES FOR 2012???

1) The Economy: Unemployment ^ Jobs ---
    2) U.S. Debt: Obama, "Bush Debt Immoral!" Increases Debt by $6.5 TRILLION
    * 4 more years, at same rate, $22 TRILLION (game over!)
    - Hello Greece, goodbye pensions, inflation thr the roof!
    - $800 Billion / yr in interest, Can you say "Draconian Cuts now?"
    - The country as we knew it is gone! Your kids???
    * YES! Bush spent like a drunken Democrat!
    3) WAR: Dems. / Libs call Afghanistan the good war. Obama +150,000 troops
    Both wars were ridiculous! Boneheaded!
    * I thought Dems / Liberals hated war?
    4) Energy: We near "Depression" Era economics
    Obama wants to cram green down our throats, despite the clear
    economics that call for tapping every U.S. domestic source possible.
    Responsibly! Spurring an economic boom. Obama bitterly clings to
    green, while regulating other sources to death.
    5) HCL: Obama, first 2+ years spent on HCL under the auspices that it saves us
    all big $$$. Real cost? Trillions to taxpayers. Good move
    for an economy on the brink???? Seriously????
    * 2+ full years focus on this! What else? The economy????
    6) Jobs: Worst growth since The Great Depression! Obama? More Tax &
    REGULATION! Let's push Cap & Trade? Smart?

7) Gas Prices: See pathetic non-energy policy! De Facto tax on ALL!

Just a few issues to consider. Add your own.

4 more years???? Seriously???? Carter on steroids???

THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES!
    *We all know it, so stop pretending Dems.

Bush was terrible on so many accounts! I contributed to Obama in 08

I won't get fooled again!!! YOU???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years : I guess I'm dealing with a child.

Ah same old Krusty underwear.  Can't back up the things he says.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

First: 8/14/2010
    Last: 8/19/2012
    More issues to consider....

8) Has Obamacare lowered your insurance? Do you think it's likely that it will?
    * has it helped or hurt job creation?
    * Do you think the ultimate cost will be more or less than the projected
    Trillion $ cost. Has a gov. entitlement ever cost what it was advertised as?
    * Has a gov. entitlement ever cost less than 10 times what it was advertised?

9) Who do you think has contributed more to state, local, federal revenues (taxes), that help Americans in need??? Obama or Romney

10) Who do you think has created more jobs for Americans? Obama or Romney
    * Over the last 30 years?

11) How long do you think the U.S. will be using oil?
    * Is it wise to regulate domestic production to death, thus continuing to
    depend exclusively on foreign oil?
    * Does our dependence on foreign oil lead us to war? Has it?
    * Is it likely to lead to more war / crisis in the middle east?
    * Has our dependence on middle east oil helped or hurt the U.S. in the
    region?
    * Does it make any sense to regulate to death responsible domestic drilling?
    * Is responsible domestic drilling more or less "CLEAN" than foreign drilling?
    * Do you drive a car? fly? How long do you think you will be doing so?
    * Should domestic drilling be mutually exclusive of pursuing green energy?
    * Can we walk & chew gum at the same time?
    * Would Obama's Cap & trade help or hurt the U.S. economy? Would it
    likely create any jobs? OR kill jobs?

12) Did Obama ever propose or pass a budget when Dems owned Congress?
    * Did the one proposal get a single Dem vote?

13) Is the Obama economic agenda helping our economy?
    * creating more jobs than lost?
    * Is it the best approach?

14) How's that racial divide thing been?
    * Have Obama & Dems played the racial demagoguery card?
    * Has he helped the racial divide?
    * Are Biden's "they gonna put y'all back in chains," comments illustrative
    of a racial demogoguery strategy, or simply another gaffe? Really?!?!

15) Add your own questions w/ respect to this election!

* Try staying away from the ad hominem attacks!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]While I tend to agree that Cap. Gains taxes should be raised on the rich, with respect to PERSONAL income taxes on anything above ________  ($250,000?) dollars in PERSONAL INCOME, it would be counter productive to raise taxes on business earnings.  This could easily be done with cap. gains made on investment income in the stock market.  This should change!  I know it sounds like a "liberal" idea, but it is a matter of "paying your fair share" with respect to many who make fortunes in the stock market every year.  Their sole source of income, as they are living off of trust funds, & manipulating the markets, thus huge transfers of wealth from the middle class to the rich.  I know this will sound like a liberal idea, but trust me, I know.  Why should your average Joe pay almost 30% on a $45,000.00 / yr salary, while the rich pay a 10 - 15 % cap gains tax on everything they make??? Having said that, this is an issue demagogued by the left to distract from the abysmal failure of Obama!........  More to come......
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

I agree. But what Romney did and I'm sure you agree is legal in every sense.

But. I believe we do need to keep the cap gain rate down for those making less then 250K to encourage the small investor.

I've said right along we need true tax reform.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years :     Ah same old Krusty underwear.  Can't back up the things he says.

Look, go play with your friends there's still some sunlight left.

Go outside and blow the stink off yourself.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

DEMAGOGUE THIS!

4 more years at the current debt incursion rate my Obama???

***  We hit $22 TRILLION in DEBT!  We no longer own this country!  GAME OVER!

Again.....

Dems & Left wing loons like to demagogue & squeal about "Draconian Cuts" by the Republicans????

We will all learn the true meaning of "Draconian Cuts," & NOBODY will be able to do a damn thing to stop them!  We will all learn the hard way!  Our children's futures will be over before they ever get a chance to try!

Sections
Shortcuts