Romney only paid a tax rate of 14%!!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: Romney only paid a tax rate of 14%!!!!

Romney still hasn't released a single year's return, let alone multiple years. I'd settle for him being half the man his father was by releasing 6 years.  As for Kerry, he has 20 years worth out there for anyone to see.  He puts them out there for his Senate races.

Of course, it should be clear to all by now that Romney wont release prior tax returns because there were some years in which he paid NO TAXES....which puts him squarely in that 47% 'moocher' category.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

Harry Reid caught in blatant lie.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In all, taking into account losses from investments, Kerry reported a total 2003 income of $395,338. That's a 22.9% tax rate.

[/QUOTE]

Soooo...wealthy libs can "take into account losses from investments" without flinching.

....but if Romney had done so, it would be a "tax loophole"...Got it.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

"In the last two decades, the Romney's donated 13.45 percent of their adjusted gross income to charity.  This totally dwarfs the long-term giving of the Obamas and the Bidens, in case anyone in the class warfare camp is keeping score.  But remember, Mitt Romney is callously dismissive and uncaring toward poor people and the '47 percent.'  Overall, the Romney family paid every cent they owed -- and more -- forking over nearly 40 percent of their income to either the government or charitable organizations, including their church.  I've got to hand it to the Romney campaign: They played a long game here, and did so masterfully.  One of the most obnoxious and relentless arrows in Democrats' attack quiver has been the tax returns issue.  See how greedy and secretive Romney is?  Even his own father released 12 years of returns!  He's probably a tax cheat!  That's all gone now, and the whiners look petty, small, and stupid.  And Mitt Romney looks like the remarkably generous, law-abiding, productive member of society that he is.  Bravo.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2012/09/21/democrats_media_get_punkd_romney_releases_tax_returns

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

John Kerry - 13.1%

With double the assets

[/QUOTE]

Greg has convinced me - I'm not going to vote for Kerry for President.

So easy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

John Kerry - 13.1%

With double the assets

[/QUOTE]

Greg has convinced me - I'm not going to vote for Kerry for President.

So easy.

[/QUOTE]

How much did Kerry give to charity?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

On an average year..I would imagine Kerry gives more to help a broader base of people in need than Romney. Most of Romney's charitable donations went to the Mormon Church.  Really though..I could care less about their charitable donations. What I care about are the policies each stands for for the rest of us. I don't agree with them all..and I don't even particularly like Kerry...but the policies he supports are much more valuable than his charitable contributions. Also..let's not forget that this tax return was just finished according to his campaign advisers...five months later than the rest of us.

Does Romney really think that most people are going to fall for that? I want to see the 2009 and prior. I could care less about 2011 or 2010.

I want to see how much more of his income he hid in offshore accounts to avoid paying taxes...even though his 2011 taxes show he hid quite a bit in "offshore investments".

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Funny how you and your ilk had no issue with tax rate percentages when Kerry ran for president....NOW all of a sudden it's an issue....weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

[/QUOTE]

Its not so much rate they pay, but rather their willingness (or lack thereof in Romney's case) to show the public to whom they would serve.

Besides (as 12-Angry stated above), Kerry's rate was nearly 23% on his return, not 13.1.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookie-rojas. Show cookie-rojas's posts

IRS could solve all of this right?

don't they have these records?

Geitner could pull the files and .....ooops, maybe he doesn't want any attention?

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BetheKoolaid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In all, taking into account losses from investments, Kerry reported a total 2003 income of $395,338. That's a 22.9% tax rate.

[/QUOTE]

Soooo...wealthy libs can "take into account losses from investments" without flinching.

....but if Romney had done so, it would be a "tax loophole"...Got it.

[/QUOTE]

Pretty pathetic that the wife of a candidate has more balls than Mittens.

[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about John Tierney's felon spouse?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookie-rojas. Show cookie-rojas's posts

Remember, Mitt doesn't need any more money, and all of his friends are already rich!

Obama on the other hand, owes everyone from the last election, Mitt knows how to fix this.

Clearly Obama has no clue, and no plan for the next four years, I think the debates will get pretty specific, sorry Barry, no teleprompters!

Sections
Shortcuts