Romney only paid a tax rate of 14%!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Romney only paid a tax rate of 14%!!!!

In response to cookie-rojas's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Remember, Mitt doesn't need any more money, and all of his friends are already rich!

Obama on the other hand, owes everyone from the last election, Mitt knows how to fix this.

Clearly Obama has no clue, and no plan for the next four years, I think the debates will get pretty specific, sorry Barry, no teleprompters!

[/QUOTE]

Obama has no plan for the next 4 years????  Mitt's plan is that he'll figure it out after he's elected.

And his plan for the uninsured after Obamacare is repealed - there's always the ER.

If Romney is going to lower taxes for the wealth but make the tax cut revenue nuetral by closing loopholes (that he hasn't specified), then what's the point of the tax cut?

And lucky us - we won't have to pay taxes on the interest we earn from our savings account.  I can't wait.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

If Mitt gets elected, will all of the Republicans start using the orange spray on tan?

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Well, no, there is not a double standard.  Well, maybe in your mind.

What Kerry did was illegal.  He resides in Mass, moors his boat in Rhode Island in order t oavoid excise tax.  the only problem was that the boat was actually in Nantucket, which makes him a tax cheat.

How unlike a democrat to be a tax cheat.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Romney gave 29% to charity.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Romney's income was from investments taxed at the capital gains rate of 15%....NOT FROM WAGES!!!  He more than satisfied his civic duty by giving 29% to charity.

Romney gives $10,000 PER DAY to charity.....how heartless can a guy be??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

The reality is, and I am simply using the two people you mentioned, the reality is that Romney is doing everything quite legally, while Kerry was caught cheating on taxes.  After all, Kerry had to cough up the excise tax, when he was CAUGHT.

See the difference there?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Mitt should challenge Kerry for the Senate, since they have so much in common (except for the decades of public service part)....

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Kerry's tax rate was not 13%.  It was 22.9%.  The 13% is a combination of Kerry's taxes and his wife's, but they actually filed sperately.

So Greggy is wrong.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Mormons pay a ten percent tithe to the LDS church.  If Romney is contributing $4M to his church, that's probably an indication that his real income is closer to $40M than his reported $14M.

The big question for me is if guys like Romney are going to pay somewhere between 1% (the original Ryan plan) and 14% (2011 returns) in taxes, how are they going to keep government spending at 20% of GDP, as Ryan said at the convention?  Who is going to make up that gap?  The 47%?  

If you're a Republican just getting by in this economy, are you sure you want to vote for a guy who may take away your mortgage deduction or your EIC?  He seems almost resentful toward the less fortunate.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jmel's comment:

Do you understand the Capital Gains tax?  You do know that any money earned from SALARY was/is taxed at the highest rate?  You do know that his tax rate is based soley on Cap Gains because that is (and has been his income)?  You do know that if he has LOSSES instead of gains his loss claim is at only 3%? Don`t get me wrong.  I`m not feeling sorry for a guy that made 13 mil last year.......but, stop. Tell the truth. And the MSM should be telling the truth!  14% is the Cap Gains rate. It`s legal. He took chances when he invested and he`s paid taxes TWICE on most of this money. This is a lie by the MSM and a distraction that isn`t working.  Romney is rich.  Everyone knows that.

I could give a ratsass that he's rich.

What I, and most people, are ticked off about is that he wants to lower his own tax rate even further. While at the same time attacking people for not paying income tax.

Newsflash, the working poor that Mittens wrote off as 'victims' pay a higher tax rate through payroll taxes than Mittens pays on his millions. And that piece of crap has the brass write them off. Those non-income taxpayers are in that position BECAUSE of the wingnuts and their tax schemes. Now these idiots want a 'do-over' and disparages them for doing exactly what Mittens does, without creating shell companies and off-shore accounts? Bullshit.

Mittens keeps saying he will lower everyone's tax rate without lowering revenue. He avoids giving ANY specifics about how he will do that. Are voters supposed to just believe the serial flip/flopper?

Everyone who's taken a look at it, from the Tax Policy Center to the Wall Street Journal agree that it's not possible without raising taxes on the middle class. There aren't enough deductions and loopholes to close without it hitting those at the bottom.

Sorry, you may want to believe in the fairy dust and tooth fairy bullcrap that Mittens spews but I want FACTS. I'm certainly not going to believe a guy who changes his position on issues more often than he changes his underwear that he can magically lower everyone's taxes while increasing military spending, saving Medicare and Social Security and do it without blowing a gaping hole in the budget.

If you know how that's possible, SPECIFICALLY, then please show us the numbers and add them all up. Until then the guy is a walking talking disaster and deserves to be heckled. He's just as bad, if not worse, than the last wingnut administration was.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah there should be tax reform as I've said right along, but this election isn't about what Mit Romney does with his money, it's about what Obama does with ours.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts