Romney's running mate???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Romney's running mate???

Who do you like??  I think Pawlenty has been positioning himself and would be strong but my dream is Rice.

Rice is great.  Bright.  Has a personality, strong foreign policy and defense, and is extremely qualified.

There's little to dislike about her.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

Re: Romney's running mate???

Could not agree more about Rice.
    Would also shatter the myth that women and minorities are owned by O.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

The knock will be that people will say she was picked because of her sex and race.

It could overshadow the fact that she's incredibly accomplished, bright, dynamic and uniquely qualified.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Rice's role in "selling" the war in Iraq pretty much ruined any chance for a political future.  She seems like a nice enough lady, but she's not going to be on any presidential ticket.  To independents, Rice = Bush = Cheney.

I would expect Romney (if nominated), to pick someone like Christie, or Daniels, or Rubio.  It will be someone that can draw Independent votes. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Romney's running mate???:
    Would also shatter the myth that women and minorities are owned by O.
    Posted by KittyDuke

A myth that, while also being untrue, seems to have been manufactured by you out of thin air.

To boot, your assertion itself borders on blunt stereotype - the notion that minorities and women will support Rice simply because she happens to be both.

Nice bid, though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Rice's role in "selling" the war in Iraq pretty much ruined any chance for a political future.  She seems like a nice enough lady, but she's not going to be on any presidential ticket.  To independents, Rice = Bush = Cheney. I would expect Romney (if nominated), to pick someone like Christie, or Daniels, or Rubio.  It will be someone that can draw Independent votes. 
    Posted by UserName99

It will be interesting to see.  I don't see Christie accepting that, i could be wrong. Rubio is too junior.  Pailin proved that minimally qualified isn't appealing....especially when the campaign is going to focus on the lack of ability and qualifications of Obama.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

A myth that, while also being untrue, seems to have been manufactured by you out of thin air.

Submit you look at those voting segments and how they voted in the majority for the community organizer 3 years ago.

Kind regards

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

A myth that, while also being untrue, seems to have been manufactured by you out of thin air. Submit you look at those voting segments and how they voted in the majority for the community organizer 3 years ago. Kind regards
    Posted by KittyDuke

Make up your mind...

Is it true or a myth? 

"Minorities and women"

Really drilling down into those demos, ain't ya....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

If you are debating whether O got the majority of those voting blocks.. then I see no reason to continue. He owned them.
    I read he has lost some position with both blocks but it remains to be seen.

Would the entry of Rice likely further dimish Obamas strong showing.. I submit yes.

At least SHE has experience and a proven track record of success.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

Fully 96 percent of black voters supported Obama in 2008.

But that must be a racist statement, since a conservative made it.

Condy Rice is brilliant, and would bring foreign policy credentials and, yes, diversity, to the ticket. She is not tarnished by working for George Bush, despite what liberals want to believe.
    A recent article claimed her selection is needed to counter the likely addition of Hillary as VP to the fading Obama.

Rice, Marco Rubio, Chris Christie..or popular conservative Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell are all great choices for Romney.
    McDonnell, a Catholic, liked by the Tea Party,  would bring Virginia's electoral votes as a bonus. 
    McDonnell is a social conservative but emphasizes economic issues. He is a rising star, in my biased opinion. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

If Romney, I don't think you'll see Christie, two NE Governors probably not a good strategy. Rubio would be a good choice, it certainly would help in Florida. Jindal down in LA. would be worth looking at.

Although I like Rice, I don't see her seeking out that role.

Should be interesting!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

If you are debating whether O got the majority of those voting blocks.. then I see no reason to continue. He owned them. I read he has lost some position with both blocks but it remains to be seen. Would the entry of Rice likely further dimish Obamas strong showing.. I submit yes. At least SHE has experience and a proven track record of success.
    Posted by KittyDuke

That he "owned them" in 2008 is only generically relevant to 2012...or so most here on the right have been claiming.  "It remains to be seen" is sufficient.

I'm debating your notion of myth...if it's true, then it's not a myth, now is it...??

Rice as VP-candidate would have next to no impact, notwithstanding her "qualifications", which are debatable even for VP, or her appeal to the gop base.  She's never held elected office and in the W. years presided over some very dicey foreign policies which every conservative is running so fast away from.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Fully 96 percent of black voters supported Obama  in 2008. But that must be a racist statement, since a conservative made it.  
    Posted by BetheKoolaid

If one conflated that voting percentage to all "minorities", then he!! yes, that would be racist, conservative or not.

That said, it's not clear that Rice and Obama share the same views that many minority voters would openly support.

Did I mention how cynical the original notion was...??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobc33. Show bobc33's posts

I like Romney/Rubio.  Romney can hold his own against obama in the debates, and Rubio vs Biden just wouldn't be fair.  Honestly I think Biden would refuse to debate as the damage from ducking them would be less than the damage that would be done if he did them.  Rubio vs Biden would be as fair as Mike Tyson vs Michael Spinks.

Eight years of Romney followed by eight years of Rubio.  The prosperity that will result will relegate the memory of obama to the dungheap of history.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

Right now the best VP would be Huntsman " China, N Korea /> "forgien"  policy. 
    Posted by howiewho

Huntsman would be a disaster. The religious right and the anti-religion left would have a field day with 2 Mormons on the ticket.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Huntsman is a bit weak. His squirrelly eyebrows make me nervous.

The cool thing about Rice is that one minute she can be all sweet and playing her piano and the next minute she can be attaching a battery to some terrorist's private parts....with a smile of course.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Sorry to hear that. Ladies and Gentlemen, this is where Democracy fails.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow

Apparently no sense of humor.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

In Response to Re: Romney's running mate??? : Apparently no sense of humor.
    Posted by macnh1

Maybe he was talking to a jury?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

I don't like any Candidate but what you gona do. Except the best of the lot now. I'm still hoping someone will popup. It's sure a sad state we are in. Romney , Huntsman is the less damaging Candidate for now that the give it to me generation might vote for.   I might vote for Hillary ? Maybe GOP convention might try to convince Christy ?     Even Carter looks good.
    Posted by howiewho

I saw Carter on TV this morning after he sent his condolences to the dictatorial oppressive criminal family of Kim Ding Ding Ill, he didn't look so good.

I bet we can eliminate Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich from Mitt's short list.

Please Mitt, no junior unqualified running mate...PLEASE!!!!

Who else remembers the guy Perot took???  Awesome VP debate!!! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

As much as I like Condi....I have to admit that listening to Chris Christie yesterday in an interview open the door wide regarding being VP, created warmth in my heart.  (Notice I avoided any reference to a tingling up my leg??)

Romney/Christie would be a very strong and formidable team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

I think he should pick Sarah Palin.  SNL could use the material and I need the laugh.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

This discussion is becoming more and more relevant.  Does Romney take someone who is strong and can partner with him and have inlfuence like a Cheney or a Quayle/Biden/Gore type that he can out in a bunker and forget about???

Sections
Shortcuts