Rumsfeld: Waterboarding Played Major Role in getting Bin Laden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Rumsfeld: Waterboarding Played Major Role in getting Bin Laden

The libs are citing what Rumsfeld said two days ago as evidence that enhanced interrogation didnt contribute to getting Bin Laden
    ...Wrong, his words were misinterpreted..
    Last night on Fox:

HANNITY:
      -- that they kind of have to do this.

Let me ask you this. I think it is pretty clear now that discovering who this courier was, through strong interrogation techniques, that were employed during the Bush administration, without which this day would never have occurred. So, can't we -- it seems to me we need to reignite this debate about enhancement interrogation techniques in this country. Is that a good idea?

RUMSFELD: I think it's certainly is a reasonable idea. Is it correct that the CIA Director Panetta today indicated that one of the individuals who provided important information had in fact been waterboarded?

HANNITY: Yes. Yes. Yes.

RUMSFELD: Is that correct?

HANNITY: Yes.

RUMSFELD: Well, that's my understanding. And I think that anyone who suggests that the enhanced techniques, let's be blunt, waterboarding, did not produce an enormous amount of valuable intelligence, just isn't facing the truth. The facts are, General Mike Hayden came in, he had no connection with waterboarding anybody. He looked at all the evidence and concluded that a major fraction of the intelligence in our country on al Qaeda came from individuals, the three, only three people who were waterboarded.

HANNITY: Yes. Well, there were only three people.

RUMSFELD: Right.

HANNITY: And that led to the information of the nickname of the courier. And this by way -- we've had this for years and this was being pursued during the Bush years. The courier's name was found, he was eventually identified, and through eavesdropping, we were able to locate him and then Bin Laden

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawboy. Show lawboy's posts

Re: Rumsfeld: Waterboarding Played Major Role in getting Bin Laden

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cathbunk. Show cathbunk's posts

In Response to Re: Rumsfeld: Waterboarding Played Major Role in getting Bin Laden:
    Hey whacko wingnut losers..... As much as you try and rewrite history the facts remain. A Dem president did what you cowards couldn't do in 6 years, kill the most notorious and dangerous terrorist in the world! Keep spinning your little lies, maybe someday you can get someone to listen. Until then, you whacko wingnuts have proven yourselve to be inept clowns when it comes to national defense. So where are your results? You had all this supposedly great info from torture and what did you cowards do? You sat on your hands, too inept to actually do anything. The term Frozen with Fear' comes to mind. Well fear no more wingnuts. A real leader occupies the whitehouse and he's a man of action and results! You wingnuts....ehhh just a bunch of inept losers who are more like the Keystone Cops. BWAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA
    Posted by 12-Angry-Men

:: smacks head ::  If I knew this is who I was dealing with then I would have worded my explanation on the other thread to that of a third grader. Thankfully I now know you are not smarter than a fifth grader.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from greymouser. Show greymouser's posts

Asked if harsh interrogation techniques at Guantanamo Bay played a role in obtaining intelligence on bin Laden’s whereabouts, Rumsfeld declares: “First of all, no one was waterboarded at Guantanamo Bay. That’s a myth that’s been perpetrated around the country by critics.

“The United States Department of Defense did not do waterboarding for interrogation purposes to anyone. It is true that some information that came from normal interrogation approaches at Guantanamo did lead to information that was beneficial in this instance. But it was not harsh treatment and it was not waterboarding.”

Read more on Newsmax.com: Rumsfeld Exclusive: There Was No Waterboarding of Courier Source

Rumsfeld is a horrible, horrible source to cite for anything.  It's criminal that he gets paraded out to do these interviews, when he should have quietly vanished to some remote place where he could contemplate his incompetence.  I almost choked when I read him saying that nobody was waterboarded at Gitmo.  Okay, so that sounded like a denial and repudiation.  There was no other way to read that article in the extremely right wing newsmax.

So he flipflopped in record speeds on Hannity.  Again, he has no credibility on anything, and his initial remarks were pretty clear.  And then he went back on those initial remarks, which weren't taken out of context by libs, but were written up on newsmax.

To make this topic worthwhile, here's a nice clip about waterboarding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LPubUCJv58

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cathbunk. Show cathbunk's posts

::Giggles::

I was under the impression that Liberals and Democrats never resorted to name calling.

::Giggles::

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

In Response to Re: Rumsfeld: Waterboarding Played Major Role in getting Bin Laden:
    Coming from the absolute f*cking moron who blames the internet bubble on Clinton! Hhahaahahahahahahahahahaahah!!! Good lord. Oh that's precious. Even Limbaugh and Hannity aren't stupid enough to say that. I better call Clinton up and blame him - one of my family's cats ran away in 1993. 
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow

How about Panetta did his statement that harsh interrogation techniques provided info that lead to Osama make him an idiot moron too?

BBBWWWWAAAAA!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

[QUOTE]

Panetta and the WH spokesman are not liars are they?

Question 1. What are the sources of your morality?

The "source" of my morality is that in my opinon it is our obligation (including the govt) to protect American citizens from being attacked by people who want to use murder of men women and children (terror) as a tool for political achievement. If that means, we have to waterboard people who are trying to kill civilians or are in compliance with those that do then do it to protect the innocent! No one wants to do it!!! But, war is a horrible thing.

Question 2. Why do they support torture for potential safety?

I do not support beheading, dismembering, putting people through meat grinders or creating any lasting physical harm but, if, the fear of drowning will get ANY useful info then DO IT!!

Question 3. Have you considered all relevant statements by interrogators and those "in the field" to the effect that torture is less effective than ordinary interrogation at producing relevant information? More accurate and more efficient?

People will always disagree. For every interrogator who says it's useless another will say it's invaluable. I believe it should be used only in certain situations with high value targets and only when authorized by the POTUS!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

12 Angry = internet toughguy

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

. You completely distrust government, but you completely trust a vague ambiguous statement of a Bushie. Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow

Yesterday all the lefties trusted and cited the words of Rumsfeld for their cause!!  2 nights ago, Alan Colmes ranted and ranted on O'Reilly's show..."even Rumsfeld says torture did not help get Bin laden"  
    O"Reilly's show last night hit a home run, in interviewing Rumsfeld and showing that enhanced interrogation gave intelligence which helped get Bin laden.
    The other point that is misunderstood is, KSM said NOTHING until he was waterboarded 3 times. After that, for weeks he talked...and talked...even when he was not under any coercion... The waterboarding was responsible for his change in attitude.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

"On Monday he flatly denies that waterboarding and even the broader "enhanced interrogation" played any role whatsoever"

No he didnt. As he pointed out on the O'Reilly show, what he was saying Monday was specifically refuting what some liberals had said about gitmo :

1) there was no waterboarding at Gitmo
    2) the military did not waterboard, the CIA did

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

the far left will not ever admit that waterboarding played a role. They know it's true but, do not have the character and integrity to admit they were wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

"I almost choked when I read him saying that nobody was waterboarded at Gitmo"
    Drink some more of the leftwing koolaid before you choke some more..pay attention!

"I’m told there was some confusion today on some programs, even one on Fox, I think, suggesting that I indicated that no one who was waterboarded at Guantanamo provided any information on this. That’s just not true. What I said was, no one was waterboarded at Guantanamo by the U.S. military. In fact, no one was waterboarded at Guantanamo, period. Three people were waterboarded by the CIA away from Guantanamo and then later brought to Guantanamo. And in fact, as you pointed out, the information that came from those individuals was critically important.” — Donald Rumsfeld

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/05/03/if-youre-determined-to-believe-waterboarding-had-nothing-to-do-with-tracking-down-bin-laden-dont-listen-to-leon-panetta/#ixzz1LV1aCoZ0

Sections
Shortcuts