Sad commentary on the far left...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Sad commentary on the far left...

....if this is how they think.  Excerpt from a recent 'Countdown' episode with guest Jeneanne Garafalo. 

GAROFALO: In this presidential race, because he deflects the racism that is inherent in the Republican Party, the conservative movement, the Tea Party, certainly, over the last 30 years the Republican Party has moved more and more to the right, but also race-baiting more, gay-baiting more and religion-baiting more; but Herman Cain, I feel like, is being paid by somebody to be involved and to run for president, so that you can go, 'Oh, yeah. They can't be racist! It's a black guy, it's a black guy who is asking for Obama to be impeached.' Or, 'It's a black guy who's anti-Muslim.' Or, 'It's a black guy who is a Tea Party guy.' And I feel like, well, wouldn't that suit the purposes of whomever astroturfs these things-- whether it be the Koch brothers, or ALEC, or Grover Norquist or any anything. Or it could even be Karl Rove. Let's get Herman Cain involved so it deflects the obvious racism of our Republican Party.

OLBERMANN: Well I mean, would that be separate of his delusions of grandeur, or were they just taking advantage of it...?

GAROFALO: He's a business man!

OLBERMANN: He's a business man, ultimately!

GAROFALO: Whoever pays him and he may have a touch of Stockholm Syndrome. There may be a touch of Stockholm Syndrome in there, because any time I see a person of color or a female in the Republican Party or the conservative movement or the Tea Party, I wonder how they could be trying to curry favor with the oppressors. Is it Stockholm Syndrome or does somebody pay them?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Sad commentary on the far left...

"...[from someone who is on] the far left..."

Fixed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

So its OK to diminish, mock and accuse a successful black man of being a paid straw candidate if he's a Republican, but disagree with the President's policies and people risk being called racists.

Happy I now understand the rules.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In Response to Re: Sad commentary on the far left...:
    [QUOTE]Sad commentary on comedian Jenneane Garofalo you mean? Otherwise you'd seem more or less bound to aslo assert that Sarah Palin is sad commentary on conservatives. Right?
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

Uh-huh, one's a former exceptionally successful state Governor and the other is an idiot. I see where you're going with this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]So its OK to diminish, mock and accuse a successful black man of being a paid straw candidate if he's a Republican, but disagree with the President's policies and people risk being called racists. Happy I now understand the rules.
    Posted by massmoderateJoe[/QUOTE]

Who said it was OK?  Is anyone here defending Ms. Garafalo??

But ignoring your obviously false equivalence, let's expand on your statement a bit...

Do you consider Herman Cain a serious candidate for president...??

Why or why not??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

Sorry but i must laugh when i see the right wing try to play the racist card against someone else, while at the same time defending it being played against the president. 

Second funny thing here is since he left MSNBC no one even talks about his show anymore but those on the right like here. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sad commentary on the far left... : Uh-huh, one's a former exceptionally successful state Governor 
    Posted by StalkingButler[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

[QUOTE]I guess there's no hope for you....

I'm hopelessly waiting for the "Hope n' Change"©

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

By the way, doesn't BeKool know the difference between Bachmann and Palin? What a goober.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

[QUOTE]"...[from someone who is on] the far left..." Fixed.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

No fixing needed.  If you notice, the first word of the post is IF

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

[QUOTE]By the way, doesn't BeKool know the difference between Bachmann and Palin? What a goober.

Looks like there is no hope for you . 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sad commentary on the far left... : Well, I hope the number of people who actually expected genuine large-scale "change" is relatively small. I just voted for the guy who didn't pick Palin as VP.

You know what swung me to Obama ? Its when Mac who i held a great deal of respect for , did the mickey mouse suspend his campaign and then put the staged act on in the halls of congress trying to look presidential.  IMO the GOP used this man twice in presidential politics . First they made a fool of him to get Bush in, then they pushed him to make a fool of himself to lose to Obama . All during the time after that childish stunt i didn't believe any republican wanted what the next president was getting handed to them . They knew Bush and their party hosed the country big time and needed a escape goat .  They have been blaming Obama for the BUSH years even before he was swore in as  president ever since. 

Question is are they willing to throw this election in 2012 also, because of the on going mess still being cleaned up by yet one more democrat administration ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sad commentary on the far left... : Who said it was OK?  Is anyone here defending Ms. Garafalo?? But ignoring your obviously false equivalence, let's expand on your statement a bit... Do you consider Herman Cain a serious candidate for president...?? Why or why not??
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

Think Garafalo is a reprehensible person right up there with Bill Maher, which is why I commented.

Primaries bring out all sorts of candidates; in 2008 were Sen Dodd or Kucinich serious candiates?  I'd put Cain in the same category.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Her comments are unfortunate, and to be honest this idea that a black conservative is a conservative because he/she doesn't know what they are doing, or are fundamentally incompatible with the broader GOP stems from an assumption that the GOP is racist.  Clearly thats what Garofolo is driving at from her comments.  I dislike them because as a black man, I find those thoughts aren't too far removed from the idea that someone like Cain must be an "oreo" or a self hating black.  There are black republicans, jewish republicans, latino republicans (of all types including Mexican Americans, Cuban Americans, Puerto Ricans) there are the gay log cabin republicans.  The GOP may not reflect those groups in significant numbers relative to the Democrats, but for her comments about Cain to be true then the same must apply to all those other groups given GOP platforms on issues that affect people "like" them. 

But even if we all universally accept that the GOP has moved further right in recent years, even if we factor in the Tea Party knuckleheads that have probably forever smeared their movement with other unfortunate types of behaviors, even if we note the heated rhetoric with respect to Obama, we are still a long ways away from the GOP is entirely racist.  That is no more true than all democrats are hippies.  Caricatures of the parties by each other push these types of thoughts and allow them to exist, and Keith for all his lamenting and blasting of the right wing media should have done his job and pushed back on her comments.  Maybe he did, but I haven't seen the full transcript and it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sad commentary on the far left... : Primaries bring out all sorts of candidates; in 2008 were Sen Dodd or Kucinich serious candiates?  I'd put Cain in the same category.
    Posted by massmoderateJoe[/QUOTE]

So, your equivocation aside, I'll take that as a "No".

And "allsorts" is a good way as any to describe the current gop pres field...

...a term btw traditionally used to refer to a combination of various cheap alcohols mixed into an even cheaper melange which nonetheless rendered the desired effects upon its imbibers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

DamainAllen - Great post!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DevilinBoston. Show DevilinBoston's posts

[QUOTE]That is no more true than all democrats are hippies. 
    Posted by DamainAllen[/QUOTE]

I was with you until you this quote.  There is no hope for you if you cannot admit all democrats are hippies.  :)

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I just voted for the guy who didn't pick Palin as VP.

So you voted for the guy who picked Biden as VP. Genius, pure genius.

Please pray to your personal supreme entity, be it grey-haired Gandalf, cosmic muffin, or the rationality of mankind, that Obama stays healthy.  The prospect of a President Biden is beyond frightening.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from s0ftsquash. Show s0ftsquash's posts

Has Biden any experience beyond that of a Community Organizer?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]I just voted for the guy who didn't pick Palin as VP. So you voted for the guy who picked Biden as VP. Genius, pure genius. Please pray to your personal supreme entity, be it grey-haired Gandalf, cosmic muffin, or the rationality of mankind, that Obama stays healthy.  The prospect of a President Biden is beyond frightening.

Biden is blindingly stupid, and yet the left is all concerned about Palin.  I am fairly convinced at this point liberals hate women.  They can only vote for women who are manly, like Hillary. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Biden is blindingly stupid, and yet the left is all concerned about Palin.  I am fairly convinced at this point liberals hate women.  They can only vote for women who are manly, like Hillary. 

Liberals are similar to fat women who hate thin women. It never fails whenever a fat woman talks about a thinner prettier woman they always assume the thinner prettier woman has no brains. I guess they have to find something to put the other woman down about to make themselves feel better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sad commentary on the far left... : Dude. You said Palin was a successful governor. (Who quit because she couldn't do the job?). Game over right there.

That's not why she resigned and you know it. Palin, by all objective accounts, was a very successful governor with incrediblely favorable poll numbers. That's why Depends McCain picked her. She resigned because of a poorly crafted law that allowed a small bunch of Palin-haters to harass her via frivolous lawsuits. I'm sure that they're very proud of themselves.

You can have your own opinions but you can't have your own facts Bro.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]Biden is blindingly stupid, and yet the left is all concerned about Palin.  I am fairly convinced at this point liberals hate women.  They can only vote for women who are manly, like Hillary.   Liberals are similar to fat women who hate thin women. It never fails whenever a fat woman talks about a thinner prettier woman they always assume the thinner prettier woman has no brains. I guess they have to find something to put the other woman down about to make themselves feel better.
    Posted by WhichOnesPink[/QUOTE]

By your own measure, liberals are much more similar to conservatives than the latter would care to admit.

And why do you have to bash fat women to make your silly point, anyway...? 

Misogynist pig....

Sections
Shortcuts