Sarah Palin

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Sarah Palin

In Response to Re: Sarah Palin:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sarah Palin : If it's true yes, because she is making money from her character. So O'bama should do the same with his B_low job! It has been out there that Obama did Coke and was a wild thang.
    Posted by howiewho[/QUOTE]

"she is making money with her character"

Brilliant!

"It has been out there..."

Sublime!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

[QUOTE]Seems like Palin has an interest in the NBA.  
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

No doubt. Obama seems to have a strong interest in the NBA as well.

Say, here's something interesting: why hasn't any womem from Obama's past ever been identified? No former girl friends from high school or college have ever come out with their stories for People magazine. Funny that.

Things that make you go hmmmm.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

"Geez...and they say libs have no sense of humor"
    "What makes Ms. Palin immune from the type of smears levelled at nearly every pol and celebrity all the time...??'

So smears are OK? I thought any lowbrow humor or personal scandals about Obama are ..racist.
    And any negative stories about Obama must be reported to the government  sanctioned website "Attackwatch"...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sof7squash. Show sof7squash's posts

His years in Indonesia as a muslim obviously didn't set him up with a prearranged marriage. Maybe he saved his virginity for the first woman who could beat him in arm-wrestling.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EmersonCat. Show EmersonCat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sarah Palin : Really? Something that happened over twenty years ago. Before she was married.
    Posted by OAMLFO[/QUOTE]
    OAMFLO, I am curious. Why did you decided to take your Sarah Palin avatar down? It is because the lady's reputation as been tainted? What bothers you more? The fact that she had a one night stand? Or who she had it with? Has the pedestal been toppled? The image shattered? Does this mean the crush is over?
    Poor Sarah Palin, whatever will she do without trolls like you to carry her torch?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]"Geez...and they say libs have no sense of humor" "What makes Ms. Palin immune from the type of smears levelled at nearly every pol and celebrity all the time...??' So smears are OK? I thought any lowbrow humor or personal scandals about Obama are ..racist. And any negative stories about Obama must be reported to the government  sanctioned website "Attackwatch"...
    Posted by BobinVa[/QUOTE]

I didn't say they're OK...just that they're a part of celebrity life in America.  The more attention you seek, then generally the more attention you get until you get a) too old, b) too boring, or c) too irrelevant.

This is trashy tabloid stuff, and its about how unseriously I take it.  You can believe me or not, but I care much more about the rhetoric she employs now than about anything she did 20 years ago.

In fact, from what I've seen of reviews so far, the book seems pretty self-serving and thin on real details. It seems like McGuinness saw a chance to make some money and jumped at it...nothing wrong with that in America any more than writing Going Rogue.  If the Palins have a problem with what he wrote, there's libel laws to settle what is true and what isn't.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sarah Palin : OAMFLO, I am curious. Why did you decided to take your Sarah Palin avatar down? It is because the lady's reputation as been tainted? What bothers you more? The fact that she had a one night stand? Or who she had it with? Has the pedestal been toppled? The image shattered? Does this mean the crush is over? Poor Sarah Palin, whatever will she do without trolls like you to carry her torch?
    Posted by EmersonCat[/QUOTE]
    Don't hold your breath waiting for those answers...Oamflo no doubt could care less about Palin..he/she just likes to "stir the pot"....lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sarah Palin : (Heh. Or the Weekly World News ?  Natch.) OK, just hypothetically, what IF the bit about Glen Rice IS true: How much does it really matter??  The facts: She's not an elected official; she's a private citizen, albeit a celebrity.  She wasn't married at the time. Sex is legal.  Drugs aren't, but recreational use is hardly murder and reflective of the population's rampant 'experimenting' with drugs.   She wouldn't be the first or last female sports journo to b off an athlete (as undeserving of the stereotype such journos are) or to b low lines with one, for that matter. What makes Ms. Palin immune from the type of smears levelled at nearly every pol and celebrity all the time...?? Let's go further: What if Ms. Palin owned up and said, "You know what?  Yes. I did some immature things, but then I found true love with Todd, had a family, went to church, etc." Tell me why THAT message is somehow worse (again, assuming it's true).  It would dispel any charges of racism.  It might empower other women who have made similar decisions to be more honest with themselves and their daughters.  It might strengthen the message that sometimes people do dumb things, but they can overcome those weaknesses, etc., etc. Which is worse, the transgression or the  lying about it ...??
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

Even if it is true, do you really think the media would be so thoughtful in their presentation, or just start slinging hypocrite charges?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

And no former boyfriends... Perhaps he's from farther than Kenya

Now that's just crazy talk. If he were an alien plant surely he'd be more competent. Don't you think?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sarah Palin : OAMFLO, I am curious. Why did you decided to take your Sarah Palin avatar down? It is because the lady's reputation as been tainted? What bothers you more? The fact that she had a one night stand? Or who she had it with? Has the pedestal been toppled? The image shattered? Does this mean the crush is over? Poor Sarah Palin, whatever will she do without trolls like you to carry her torch?
    Posted by EmersonCat[/QUOTE]

Where does it say I have a problem with any of your above mentioned questions? Why is it Emerson you chose the name Sarahsmiles on the wcvb site? Is it because you know it is the name of our future president? Or is it because you are just as infatuated with her smile? What ever will I do without your trolling by my threads here and on wcvb? We don't need to carry the torch for Sarah, since you Dems/Libs keep it shining so brightly for her and us.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]It has been clear that Plain would not be running for months.  Now I doubt that we will hear much from her.  I could care less about who she slept with before she was married.  If she wants to have a one night stand, that is her business. These are the stories which will ruin one's political career.  Perhaps now I know why Ann Coulter hates Plain so much.  She has been bashing Obama for his "cocaine use".  Now that Palins cocaine use is out there, Coulter cannot mention Obama without mention Ms. Palin.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

lol.. I knew there had to be a reason Coulter disliked her so much. Besides the obvious..I am sure Coulter feels like Palin is toxic to the Republican party..and for sure..she is. She appeals to the most ignorant and plays on their ignorance and fears..bringing it to the forefront at a time when the Republican party can least afford looking like a party of ignorant rednecks.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sarah Palin : lol.. I knew there had to be a reason Coulter disliked her so much. Besides the obvious..I am sure Coulter feels like Palin is toxic to the Republican party..and for sure..she is. She appeals to the most ignorant and plays on their ignorance and fears..bringing it to the forefront at a time when the Republican party can least afford looking like a party of ignorant rednecks.
    Posted by miscricket[/QUOTE]

Typical liberal snobbery for the average working man.  Well, at least we know you look down your nose on the rest of us.

I bet you drive a Prius with an Obama sicker on it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sarah Palin : Typical liberal snobbery for the average working man.  Well, at least we know you look down your nose on the rest of us. I bet you drive a Prius with an Obama sicker on it.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

Skeeter..did you really get that from my comment..? If yes..then you have a complex. So, I criticize people who are ignorant..and you take that to mean I am criticizing the average working stiff..? Who's the real snob here? Ignorance has nothing to do with working status. That's what is wrong with this country..ignorance is vogue..and we wonder why companies are looking abroad for their talent these days.
    Oh..and yes..I happen to believe that idolizing someone who is essentially nothing more than a reality tv star is rather ignorant.
    Howiewho..liking Palin is one thing...I am sure she can be very likeable...but being gullible enough to donate to her "campaign"..well..sorry..but that's not all that bright.You liking Palin but recognizing that she would not be a good president does not put you in the category of people I was referring to.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sarah Palin : Skeeter..did you really get that from my comment..? If yes..then you have a complex. So, I criticize people who are ignorant..and you take that to mean I am criticizing the average working stiff..? Who's the real snob here? Ignorance has nothing to do with working status. That's what is wrong with this country..ignorance is vogue..and we wonder why companies are looking abroad for their talent these days. Oh..and yes..I happen to believe that idolizing someone who is essentially nothing more than a reality tv star is rather ignorant. Howiewho..liking Palin is one thing...I am sure she can be very likeable...but being gullible enough to donate to her "campaign"..well..sorry..but that's not all that bright.You liking Palin but recognizing that she would not be a good president does not put you in the category of people I was referring to.
    Posted by miscricket[/QUOTE]

I view your comment this way:

Palin supporter = TEA party = ignorant rednecks.

If that's not how it was meant, my apologies.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sarah Palin : I view your comment this way: Palin supporter = TEA party = ignorant rednecks. If that's not how it was meant, my apologies.

Don't you think a bunch of people fit those three categories?  Not all certainly, but certainly a bunch?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sarah Palin : Don't you think a bunch of people fit those three categories?  Not all certainly, but certainly a bunch?
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]

Sure.  there are dumb liberals as well.  All sorts of people.

My point was the use of the term ignorant redneck by another.  To me this is more descriptive of the observer than the observed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sarah Palin : I view your comment this way: Palin supporter = TEA party = ignorant rednecks. If that's not how it was meant, my apologies.
    Skeeter that's a lot to infer from my comment...and incorrectly I might add. I believe my words were that the republican party "cannot afford to look like the party of ignorant rednecks"...and the fact that I have to explain this statement to you just bolsters my point that people want to believe what they want to believe in spite of what really is. I think you would agree that it would not be helpful for the republican party to come across as the party of ignorance. I also hope you would agree that we should be trying to raise the intellectual level of this country rather than continuing to set the bar low in order to appease the most uneducated among us. Sorry..but in my opinion..this is exactly what Palin does..she continues to lower the bar. You stated yourself you don't believe she would make a good president, so would you not question the wisdom of those who continue to donate to her "campaign" in the belief that she will run?  By the way...I don't think all rednecks are ignorant..in spite of what Jeff Foxworthy would like us to believe. I also agree that ignorance knows no political party and there is plenty to spread around. You do not strike me as an ignorant person..in fact you seem pretty bright..even if you an I don't always agree on things..so I guess I am confused as to why you would take my comment as directed personally at you.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Funny whos playing the PC card now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]Funny w h os playin g  t h e PC card now.
    Posted by BilltheKat[/QUOTE]

??  don't get it.

25. This post has been removed.