"Saturday Night Liberal" with Al Franken

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

SNL may have its fun mocking all candidates, but apparently at crunch time it bends over for liberals.

"Al Franken, the former "Saturday Night Live" star now running in a high-profile Senate race in Minnesota, helped craft the opening sketch mocking John McCain that kicked off the NBC comedy show Saturday, according to two well-placed sources inside the network.

Franken, who hasn’t been a staff writer on the show for 13 years, “phoned in” a spoof of McCain recording campaign ads in an edit booth, said an NBC source. Seth Meyers, the show’s current head writer, wrote it, but the sketch was hatched by Franken, a longtime liberal satirist and comedian.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

The McCain camp's response: "Leave Sarah Palin alone!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Bob, what did you expect? Geez, Al Franken is liberal. Expecting something else would be like expecting Karl Rove to suddenly be liberal. You really need a better hobby than looking for slights against John McCain.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Hmmm, is that true? any Link? I know I can prove that conservative men like Larry Craig and other senate officials prefer young men. Ewwww.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

This kind of says it all with the likes of Al Franken (D)Senatorial candidate, photo in LA Times over the weekend.

Minnesota Democratic Farm Labor Senate candidate Al Franken in his earlier career as a comedian on NBC's Saturday Night Live to which he has again contributed a partisan anti-John McCain skit

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aynnie. Show aynnie's posts

Yup, those Hollywood types are bringing down the country.

Except they have been right all along. Of course you're still defending the pack of thugs that you've been defending all along. With everything falling apart in this country, are you really worried about what Al Franken does on SNL? You have to admit the GOP is giving them more material than they can use these days.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

[Quote]Franken is running against Norm Coleman. Norm Coleman won the late paul Wellstone's seat because Minnesota democrats went out and found the only person on the planet who could lose that seat, and turned Wellstone's funeral into a pep rally for him.

Now they are running Al Franken.

Go figure.[/Quote]

Greg, Do you really think that Mondale was the only Democrat who could lose in Minnesota in 2002?? I suspect he's not. Wellstone would have probably won in 2002, being the incumbent, but hard to know. Though it was a misguided choice, going for a name rather than someone up and coming, in 2002 the GOP was running heavily on the 9/11/Security platform and it worked. Franken may be a mistake, I don't know, haven't seen any polls on it, not living in Minnesota. We'll have to see. It depends on what priority gets people voting. Methinks it will be the economy, and Coleman will have to defend voting for the war and the blank checks given the President in his 6 years in office.

Isn't it ironic that the "fiscal conservatives" are the ones throwing money at problems and the "tax and spend liberals" are the ones asking how we will pay for things and who will be held accountable for use of funds??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SNAPPA52. Show SNAPPA52's posts

Too Freakin bad, stop whining will ya. McShame and Palin are some of the worst candidates I have seen in my entire life. Its funny almost every slogan Obama comes out with, suddenly McShame's people are running almost virtually the same add with the same theme.

It makes me sick to see how some Americans are supporting these two. I listen to both candidates for any ideas on how they will govern and I hear nothing of any substance from McCain whatsoever all rhetoric and from Palin the same bull crap she has been saying since they announced she would be his running mate.

A "commision" to study the economy? Are you kidding? Listen people there comes a time to support a candidate but right now in America we are coming off 8 YEARS of idiocy and we need someone who is fresh clear minded and able to get things done. McCain probably doesn't even know what day it is. We need a man who actually knows who the premier of Spain is, and that Spain is not in this hemisphere.

We need a person who doesn't have to keep correcting himself on everything he says. The fact that he choose this woman to be his running mate shows just how NOT COUNTRY FIRST he is, this woman is so not ready to be president yet he choose her simply for the "shock & aww" of it and to try to gain all of Hillary's disenfranchised voters I am sure that he never and gave a second thought to the welfare of this country.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

[Quote]liberal men are the equivelant of men who would feel comfortable wearing a dress...they either lack testosterone or cant achieve a quality of life without government help[/Quote]

perhaps (though maybe you've forgot about Guiliani?)...but from what I've seen, neo-con men are just a bunch of russian-fearing pu(s)(s)ies. Why the pro-war crowd is always so panty-soaked I'll never understand.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

[Quote]Greg, Do you really think that Mondale was the only Democrat who could lose in Minnesota in 2002??
    --------------------

Yes. With a whole lotta help from the Democrats. That Pep rally was stunning. When Jesse Ventura comes out as the smartest guy in the room, you're doing something REALLY REALLY wrong![/Quote]

There I agree, Jesse Ventura should never be the smartest person in the room. But whom should they have run?