1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Save the Date..!

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

Hilarious

Homeboy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to macnh1's comment:

does it matter??  its massachusetts.....voters when given the choice between reason and accountability prefer corruption, criminals and the morally bankrupt...every time. 

Again, it's the american way.

If all we elected were paragons of virtue, the entire system would collapse in a fortnight.

And say what one will about earmarks...horse-trading among pols was precisely the way things got done for centuries.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

In response to macnh1's comment:

does it matter??  its massachusetts.....voters when given the choice between reason and accountability prefer corruption, criminals and the morally bankrupt...every time. 

Again, it's the american way.

If all we elected were paragons of virtue, the entire system would collapse in a fortnight.

And say what one will about earmarks...horse-trading among pols was precisely the way things got done for centuries.

That's a really good point Matty. Earmark reform..for all it's benefits..really cost Speaker Boehner a great deal of power over his caucus in the House. The lack of "bargaining chips" within caucuses helped move things along. This is one of the reasons we've seen so much gridlock the last few years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to yogafriend's comment:

In response to Firewind's comment:

Don't you love having people from New Hampshire and Virginia telling us whom we shouldn't and should elect?

Paging jmel and Bald Predictions for more out-of-state direction.  And we're bound to hear from the New Yorkers before election day.

What is your problem with this?   You don't have opinions or thoughts about the politics in other states?  Just because you don't, is that a reason to personally call out and use sarcasm about others that do?   Is this forum tagged "MA politics" ?   

If you've ever posted on a politics board (including a news site) that isn't "location centric" or defined, you would have seen that there are countless people who have opinions about politics outside of their own state -- especially as it pertains to Senate races.   During the Warren / Brown race, there were interested parties from all over the USA watching (and giving opinions).   

Personally, I think out-of-staters add to the conversation, whereas you seem to make a habit of looking down your nose, as though their opinions are invalid or a source of ridicule.   If anyone's opinion does fit into that category, it's not because of their residence inside or outside of MA.  

It's one thing to be interested generally in politics generally. It's another to be sitting in Virginia logging into a local Boston, Massachusetts paper's website to sling general insults at all "Massachusetts Democrats".

I never felt the urge to look up publications in Alabama and sling mud about Alabama conservatives on one of their websites...   

If it's mudslinging, then the poster should have used that word; saying "telling us whom we should and shouldn't elect" does not fit the description of mudslinging.  Say it or don't say it, but the veiled remarks (and granted, they are sarcastic, so not entirely veiled ...:) ) promote a dumb game of chicken.  

How seriously anyone wants to take any of it is of course, their choice.  The post implied that out-of-staters' opinions are invalid, and all I was pointing out is that posts of that nature are not isolated by or solely contributed by people who live outside of MA.

There must be something about the "mystique" of the politics in MA ... heh.  Otherwise, I'm with you, as it would not occur to me to jump onto a newsite forum in Alabama (for example), for the sole purpose of slinging mud against opinions that are blatently out of whack with mine; I have zero motivation to do that.

I could care less where any poster on this site is from. I'll discuss politics with anyone. The issue I have is with the posters here who are clearly trolls..and possibly paid trolls who post multiple copy/paste etc..etc.

Of course..that being said...we are all adults and can choose who we interact with. I try not to "feed the trolls" so to speak although I occasionally fall to temptation. There are some posters whose posts I never read or feel the need to comment on. But mostly..I'll give anyone the benefit of the doubt until there's a reason not to.

Sections
Shortcuts