Save the Date..!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Save the Date..!

So..the date has been set for the special election to replace Sen. John Kerry. This leads to many questions.

First..will Scott Brown run once again for Senate?

Who else will throw their hat into the ring. So far the only official candidate is Congressman Markey.

Finally..who will Deval Patrick appoint as the interim? Rumor has it that the pick was made early and that Patrick has already spoken to Kerry's temporary replacement.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Re: Save the Date..!

In response to miscricket's comment:

So..the date has been set for the special election to replace Sen. John Kerry. This leads to many questions.

First..will Scott Brown run once again for Senate?

Who else will throw their hat into the ring. So far the only official candidate is Congressman Markey.

Finally..who will Deval Patrick appoint as the interim? Rumor has it that the pick was made early and that Patrick has already spoken to Kerry's temporary replacement.

I like Markey. I can't see Brown not running, but who knows? Maybe he's too busy serving in the Maryland National Guard? Would love to see Barney Frank selected to fill the temporary post, just to watch the wingnuts go crazy:).....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

How can Gov. Patrick get the most out of it?  

I suggest that if this criterion is much more important than the rest, it's Mrs. Kennedy.  And she just might do it for a few months.

Or a nobody -- same criterion.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"What a sad commentary on the local Republicans."

It is too easy to diss Massachusetts Republicans. Think it is easy?  The candidates try their best, but the Globe will eviscerate any Republican who is a threat..Admire them for trying, the smart thing to do is leave Mass., it is a lost cause. The legacy of the Bulger Brothers remains...

While nationally it is the "47%" who are "takers", what is it in Mass., 75%?

The fourth cousin twice removed of every crooked Irish pol is on the state payroll, the Globe and local TV is in the tank, and the Pike Eastbound  is clogged daily with more Auntie Zenuitis driving in for the freebies. EBT card usage is , um, sky high...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

It is too easy to diss Massachusetts Republicans. Think it is easy?  The candidates try their best, but the Globe will eviscerate any Republican who is a threat..Admire them for trying, the smart thing to do is leave Mass., it is a lost cause. The legacy of the Bulger Brothers remains...

The fourth cousin twice removed of every crooked Irish pol is on the state payroll, the Globe and local TV is in the tank, and the Pike Eastbound  is clogged daily with more Auntie Zenuitis driving in for the freebies. EBT card usage is , um, sky high...

Just a little biased?  Just a little?

Maybe we are just smarter than other states and that is why the G.O.P. does so poorly here...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

...the smart thing to do is leave Mass., it is a lost cause...

Worked for you, didn't it, at least the first part?  

But as to the second, you just can't leave us alone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

And... And... And... The kitchen sink.  

Got just about all of it in.

Just can't get the stain out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Isn't there one of these things in Virginia?  Or would that be complicated?  And this is safer?  And duty calls?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Wow, my very own stalker....Firewind, what an honor.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

I hope Markey gets the Dem nod after a canterous primary with Lynch.

Brown can easily beat Markey.  Markey after 30 plus years in congress isn't known outside of his district, never mind by his neighbors.  Markey is overly aggressive on his enviromental views and isn't free enterprise friendly as his campaign over privacy issues even has him in a battle with Disney.

I believe Gov Patrcik will appoint one of his insiders to Kerry's seat; as Frank truly ticked him off, and isn't a supporter of Mass's Defense Contractors, and the Duke is no longer relevant.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

After 20-plus years with the same two senators, Mass will vote for the seats four times in as many years.

I know it must puzzle some folks for why such a small state as Mass. exerts such historical, political and economic influence relative to the rest of the union, but it does, and it's not an accident.  And contrary to some, the state's population is expanding, not shrinking.

"The Spirit Of America"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Too funny...so I pose a question asking for speculation on who will run for Senate..and the self proclaimed conservatives can't come up with one qualified republican candidate. Instead..they just whine and cry about how the dems control the state.

Stop whining and crying about something which you can control with action. Geesh...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from msobstinate99. Show msobstinate99's posts

I'd like to see Charlie Baker run for Senator and Scott Brown for Governor, it will end up being the other way around I think.

There isn't any question the Dems control the state, you'd have to be a real fruit loop to deny that.

Appologies for my whining and crying compradres. What's it like to be part of a party that never whines or cries?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Don't you love having people from New Hampshire and Virginia telling us whom we shouldn't and should elect?

Paging jmel and Bald Predictions for more out-of-state direction.  And we're bound to hear from the New Yorkers before election day.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

does it matter??  its massachusetts.....voters when given the choice between reason and accountability prefer corruption, criminals and the morally bankrupt...every time. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:

I'd like to see Charlie Baker run for Senator and Scott Brown for Governor, it will end up being the other way around I think.

There isn't any question the Dems control the state, you'd have to be a real fruit loop to deny that.

Appologies for my whining and crying compradres. What's it like to be part of a party that never whines or cries?

It's great actually. Independents ( unenrolled in MA) rarely whine. I think they both do their share of whining. Just pointing out that the conservatives on this site who cry all the time for "change"....can't even put a name to the change they want.

FYI..Charlie Baker was a terrible candidate. Maybe he'd be a better Senate candidate..but he always came across as too angry for my taste. I'd like to see Brown run for governor. If he ran a good campaign about the issues..he'd get my vote. I believe in balance in government...so I am hoping for a good republican candidate to run for the corner office.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to macnh1's comment:

does it matter??  its massachusetts.....voters when given the choice between reason and accountability prefer corruption, criminals and the morally bankrupt...every time. 

Yet the population keeps growing. Listen..I understand there is corruption in government. Massachusetts certainly has their share..but they don't have the market and neither to Dems. Plus corruption is the exception rather than the rule.

Patrick as governor is an idiot. He continuously throws his support behind Lawrence Mayor Lantigua..who has taken corruption to a whole new level. His support of Tim Murray is unfettering..even though Murray and his political connections are about as corrupt as they come.

To my mind..Patrick's legacy will be one of turning the cheek on the corruption that runs rampant in his own administration.

This is the problem with one party rule. I'd rather see a balanced government..but the GOP can't seem to field any decent candidates.

It's not about MA voters being ..in your mind..so complicent in the corruption of some of our leaders..it is about a political machine that favors incumbents and democrats. It's about the lack of competition. You can't blame that on Dems. That blame rests squarely on the state GOP. They are either incompetent in their task..or just not interested.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to Firewind's comment:

Don't you love having people from New Hampshire and Virginia telling us whom we shouldn't and should elect?

Paging jmel and Bald Predictions for more out-of-state direction.  And we're bound to hear from the New Yorkers before election day.

What is your problem with this?   You don't have opinions or thoughts about the politics in other states?  Just because you don't, is that a reason to personally call out and use sarcasm about others that do?   Is this forum tagged "MA politics" ?   

If you've ever posted on a politics board (including a news site) that isn't "location centric" or defined, you would have seen that there are countless people who have opinions about politics outside of their own state -- especially as it pertains to Senate races.   During the Warren / Brown race, there were interested parties from all over the USA watching (and giving opinions).   

Personally, I think out-of-staters add to the conversation, whereas you seem to make a habit of looking down your nose, as though their opinions are invalid or a source of ridicule.   If anyone's opinion does fit into that category, it's not because of their residence inside or outside of MA.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Many folks from NH work and pay income taxes to Mass, these folks many who recently moved over the boarder feel they have a vested financial interest.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to yogafriend's comment:

In response to Firewind's comment:

What is your problem with this?   You don't have opinions or thoughts about the politics in other states?  Just because you don't, is that a reason to personally call out and use sarcasm about others that do?   Is this forum tagged "MA politics" ?   

If you've ever posted on a politics board (including a news site) that isn't "location centric" or defined, you would have seen that there are countless people who have opinions about politics outside of their own state -- especially as it pertains to Senate races.   During the Warren / Brown race, there were interested parties from all over the USA watching (and giving opinions).   

Personally, I think out-of-staters add to the conversation, whereas you seem to make a habit of looking down your nose, as though their opinions are invalid or a source of ridicule.   If anyone's opinion does fit into that category, it's not because of their residence inside or outside of MA.  

It's one thing to be interested generally in politics generally. It's another to be sitting in Virginia logging into a local Boston, Massachusetts paper's website to sling general insults at all "Massachusetts Democrats".

I never felt the urge to look up publications in Alabama and sling mud about Alabama conservatives on one of their websites...   

If it's mudslinging, then the poster should have used that word; saying "telling us whom we should and shouldn't elect" does not fit the description of mudslinging.  Say it or don't say it, but the veiled remarks (and granted, they are sarcastic, so not entirely veiled ...:) ) promote a dumb game of chicken.  

How seriously anyone wants to take any of it is of course, their choice.  The post implied that out-of-staters' opinions are invalid, and all I was pointing out is that posts of that nature are not isolated by or solely contributed by people who live outside of MA.

There must be something about the "mystique" of the politics in MA ... heh.  Otherwise, I'm with you, as it would not occur to me to jump onto a newsite forum in Alabama (for example), for the sole purpose of slinging mud against opinions that are blatently out of whack with mine; I have zero motivation to do that.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts