Say one thing.. plan and execute another.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1984-Redux. Show 1984-Redux's posts

Say one thing.. plan and execute another.

President Obama is working on health care legislation intended to reconcile differences between House and Senate Democrats that could be attached to a budget bill and avoid a Republican filibuster, according to a published report.

The president's proposal, which is still being written, will be posted on the Internet by Monday morning, senior administration officials and Congressional aides told the New York Times.

By piggybacking the legislation onto a budget bill, Democrats would be able to advance the bill with a simple majority of just 51 votes, averting a Republican filibuster in the Senate.

The White House signaled Thursday that an aggressive, all-Democratic strategy for overhauling the nation's health system remains a serious option, even as Obama invites Republicans to next week's televised summit to seek possible compromises.

"It will be a reconciliation bill," the Times quoted a Democratic aide as saying. "If Republicans don't come with any substantial offers, this is what we would do."

The administration's stance could set the stage for a political showdown, with Democrats struggling to enact the president's top domestic priority and Republicans trying to block what many conservatives see as government overreach.

Sooooo Obama speaks publically about bipartisanship.. working across the aisle and even scheduled a propaganda displaywith Repubs on TV to sell himself to the public.
    All the while, scheming to ram this HC TAX on working Americans through a legal loophole. He will not be denied... despite the opposition of the majority of Americans.

grab your socks Americans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

Re: Say one thing.. plan and execute another.

It's not about what "we the people" want..It's about what Obama thinks is best for us!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12angrymen. Show 12angrymen's posts

In Response to Say one thing.. plan and execute another.:
    President Obama is working on health care legislation intended to reconcile differences between House and Senate Democrats that could be attached to a budget bill and avoid a Republican filibuster, according to a published report. The president's proposal, which is still being written, will be posted on the Internet by Monday morning, senior administration officials and Congressional aides told the New York Times . By piggybacking the legislation onto a budget bill, Democrats would be able to advance the bill with a simple majority of just 51 votes, averting a Republican filibuster in the Senate. The White House signaled Thursday that an aggressive, all-Democratic strategy for overhauling the nation's health system remains a serious option, even as Obama invites Republicans to next week's televised summit to seek possible compromises. "It will be a reconciliation bill," the Times quoted a Democratic aide as saying. "If Republicans don't come with any substantial offers, this is what we would do." The administration's stance could set the stage for a political showdown, with Democrats struggling to enact the president's top domestic priority and Republicans trying to block what many conservatives see as government overreach. Sooooo Obama speaks publically about bipartisanship.. working across the aisle and even scheduled a propaganda displaywith Repubs on TV to sell himself to the public. All the while, scheming to ram this HC TAX on working Americans through a legal loophole. He will not be denied... despite the opposition of the majority of Americans. grab your socks Americans.
    Posted by 1984-Redux

More hypocrisy from the wingnuts

Despite their howls against Obama, Republicans employed the same procedure to pass major Bush agenda items:

– The 2001 Bush Tax Cuts [HR 1836, 3/26/01]
        – The 2003 Bush Tax Cuts [HR 2, 3/23/03]
        – Tax Increase Prevention and Reconciliation Act of 2005 [HR 4297, 5/11/06]
        – The Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 [H. Con Res. 95, 12/21/05]

Wingnut philosophy- Lie, distort, spin, repeat

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

As angrymans' examples show, use of reconcilitation has been limited to budget measures.
    Obamacare is NOT a budget measure.

This would be unprecedented.

ALL major social legislation of the past 50 years, including civil rights legislation, has passed with bipartisan majorities.

If Dems attempt to shove government run healthcare down the throats of the 70-80% of us who don’t want it, there wont be many Congressional Democrats left after the November elections.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1984-Redux. Show 1984-Redux's posts

In Response to Re: Say one thing.. plan and execute another.:

In Response to Say one thing.. plan and execute another. : More hypocrisy from the wingnuts Despite their howls against Obama, Republicans employed the same procedure to pass major Bush agenda items:     – The 2001 Bush Tax Cuts [HR 1836, 3/26/01]     – The 2003 Bush Tax Cuts [HR 2, 3/23/03]     – Tax Increase Prevention and Reconciliation Act of 2005 [HR 4297, 5/11/06]     – The Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 [H. Con Res. 95, 12/21/05] Wingnut philosophy- Lie, distort, spin, repeat
    Posted by 12angrymen

Didn't the Messiah promise to CHANGE the way business was done .. or was that ONLY during the campaign. He's just plain dirty.

Someday, probably not soon, you might drop the blame George routine. I submit it's already worn out.

Have a nice day comrade

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1984-Redux. Show 1984-Redux's posts

As angrymans' examples show, use of reconcilitation has been limited to budget measures. Obamacare is NOT a budget measure. This would be unprecedented. ALL major social legislation of the past 50 years, including civil rights legislation, has passed with bipartisan majorities. If Dems attempt to shove government run healthcare down the throats of the 70-80% of us who don’t want it, there wont be many Congressional Democrats left after the November elections.
    Posted by BobinVa

Take it a step further.. IF he rams HIS (not the nations) priority through.. what is next? Lets not be naive here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12angrymen. Show 12angrymen's posts

As angrymans' examples show, use of reconcilitation has been limited to budget measures. Obamacare is NOT a budget measure. This would be unprecedented. ALL major social legislation of the past 50 years, including civil rights legislation, has passed with bipartisan majorities. If Dems attempt to shove government run healthcare down the throats of the 70-80% of us who don’t want it, there wont be many Congressional Democrats left after the November elections.
    Posted by BobinVa

That is just a partial list:
    Here are some that are not budget related:

Republicans Used Reconciliation To Enact Cuts In Medicare, Medicaid And Student Loans 2005(H. Con. Res. 95)
    College Cost Reduction Act (H.R. 4297) 
    Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act (H.R.C. 73)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12angrymen. Show 12angrymen's posts

In Response to Re: Say one thing.. plan and execute another. : Didn't the Messiah promise to CHANGE the way business was done .. or was that ONLY during the campaign. He's just plain dirty. Someday, probably not soon, you might drop the blame George routine. I submit it's already worn out. Have a nice day comrade
    Posted by 1984-Redux

That has to be stupidest post to date.
    Anytime he does anything you wingnuts say he promised to do it differently.
    He's playing by the rules and you idiots want to change the goal line.

Show me ONE quote where he promised not to use reconcilliation.
    You idiots take a general statement and twist it to include anything you wingnuts don't agree with or how it's implemented.
    Moronic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12angrymen. Show 12angrymen's posts

Posted by BobinVa

Healthcare reform is most definitely not a social issue.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

You idiots take a general statement and twist it to include anything you wingnuts don't agree with or how it's implemented.
    Moronic.

No Dem and/or Lefty has EVER done that....sigh...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

"Healthcare reform is most definitely not a social issue"

Government take over of 1/6 of the private economy is a social issue, an economic issue, and a Constitutional issue. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12angrymen. Show 12angrymen's posts

You idiots take a general statement and twist it to include anything you wingnuts don't agree with or how it's implemented. Moronic. No Dem and/or Lefty has EVER done that....sigh...
    Posted by hawkeye01

That's your defense, "They do it too..."
    How mature. Sigh

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: Say one thing.. plan and execute another. : That's your defense, "They do it too..." How mature. Sigh
    Posted by 12angrymen

Um...no. Pointing out the hypocrisy of your post actually. Thanks!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1984-Redux. Show 1984-Redux's posts

In Response to Re: Say one thing.. plan and execute another. : That has to be stupidest post to date. Anytime he does anything you wingnuts say he promised to do it differently. He's playing by the rules and you idiots want to change the goal line. Show me ONE quote where he promised not to use reconcilliation. You idiots take a general statement and twist it to include anything you wingnuts don't agree with or how it's implemented. Moronic.
    Posted by 12angrymen

Gee thanks !! Do I win something.. like a do nothing government job?.. or a bailout?.. or a deferment from HC for 10 years??

HE is playing by the rules that allow him to win. I assume you work so I advise you to... grab YOUR socks! "this might hurt a bit"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12angrymen. Show 12angrymen's posts

"Healthcare reform is most definitely not a social issue" Government take over of 1/6 of the private economy is a social issue, an economic issue, and a Constitutional issue.   
    Posted by BobinVa

Health care has social implications buts it's primarily a budget/economic issue.
    Health care speding accounts for approx. one quater of the US budget 830 billion.
    That clearly makes it a budget and economic issue.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12angrymen. Show 12angrymen's posts

Gee thanks !! Do I win something.. like a do nothing government job?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saddle up, you win one of those do nothing, all expense paid trips to Afghanistan, pack light. The Army is sure to issue you all the battle rattle you'll need. Congrats.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12angrymen. Show 12angrymen's posts

In Response to Re: Say one thing.. plan and execute another. : Um...no. Pointing out the hypocrisy of your post actually. Thanks!
    Posted by hawkeye01

Um...no What your doing is called rationalizing.
    When a counter point to your opinion is presented in exactly the same way as the wingnuts but conflicts with your own ideas you dub it hypocrisy.
    Thanks

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

The filibuster rule was changed in the 60's to move forward civil rights legislation - aided in part by Evan's father, Birch Bayh.

The GOP is taking credit for "championing" ARRA stimulus projects which benefitted their constituencies, even though they opposed it en masse.

So, they oppose everything they think is part of the Obama agenda through filibuster threats, take credit for policies they had no reasonable part of and make absolutely no attempts to compromise with the majority party on serious, crippling, systemic issues affecting the whole of the electorate...

...sounds just like the double standard of the thread title.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12angrymen. Show 12angrymen's posts

12 ANGRYGUYS.................  SON,  ANOTHER BAD DAY ON THE BOARD !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

When a chickenhawk tells me I'm having a bad day I realize it can't be anywhere as bad as their day so I take it as a compliment. Thanks Bill-zero!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: Say one thing.. plan and execute another. : Um...no What your doing is called rationalizing. When a counter point to your opinion is presented in exactly the same way as the wingnuts but conflicts with your own ideas you dub it hypocrisy. Thanks
    Posted by 12angrymen

Ok...let me try this again. Make no mistake, I was pointing out your hypocrisy. Nothing more. After all, of the two of us I believe I have a much better idea of what I was trying to say.
    Your statement was hypocritical because the Dems as guilty of doing the same thing. I never said it was justified. It's WRONG no matter who does it.
    We clear now?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: Say one thing.. plan and execute another. : When a chickenhawk tells me I'm having a bad day I realize it can't be anywhere as bad as their day so I take it as a compliment. Thanks Bill-zero!!!!!!
    Posted by 12angrymen

Why so angry? No pun intended.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12angrymen. Show 12angrymen's posts

In Response to Re: Say one thing.. plan and execute another. : Ok...let me try this again. Make no mistake, I was pointing out your hypocrisy. Nothing more. After all, of the two of us I believe I have a much better idea of what I was trying to say. Your statement was hypocritical because the Dems as guilty of doing the same thing. I never said it was justified. It's WRONG no matter who does it. We clear now?
    Posted by hawkeye01

Clear

Sections
Shortcuts