Scientific study: Physically stronger men are conservative, weaklings support the welfare state

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re: Scientific study: Physically stronger men are conservative, weaklings support the welfare state

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Sorry but anyone who reacts to this in a negative way...well...that's kinda telling. Meaning...if it doesn't pertain to you then it shouldn't bother you.

I recall the MANY threads by resident libs where they posted "scientific" data about how liberals are smarter than conservatives. Of course none of the liberals reacting negatively in this post had issues with THOSE threads. Funny that.

FYI - I didn't care about the threads the libs started, nor do I care about this one. For every study that says cons are stronger I'm sure there's one saying liberals are stronger. It's all bullsh!t

It is all bull!shit. Often also known as "science", misused for various purposes. 

Great post, you are about the only one who gets it.

Silly bothered Matty gets all whipped up and attacks my "manhood", and then claims the thread doesnt "bother" him. LOL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Scientific study: Physically stronger men are conservative, weaklings support the welfare state

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

In response to tvoter's comment:

He brought it up, man.  Not me.

NO it was an article that offended you.

I told you I wasn't offended.  No reason to be.

Pay attention.

Your first post certainly makes it seem you were. Most people don't get defensive over something that doesn't offend/bother them

Well, you misread me, as did tv twice.  (It happens.)

As you said, the study is "bull", yet presented by the OP as "science".  That would bother anyone who knew any better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Silly bothered Matty gets all whipped up and attacks my "manhood", and then claims the thread doesnt "bother" him. LOL.

Such navel-gazing pretension as yours deserves all the scorn it gets.

If you don't want your manhood besmirched, then stop showing your azz with every thread.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

makes sense......conservatives are more independent, willing to help others in need, willing to stand up for the weak and more likely to start a business, take personal risk and give back expecting nothing in return

liberal men are weak weenies, who need to be rescued, expect others to pay for and provide for them and like to hide under the blanket of unions, tenure, and the generosity of others.

Conservative men drive trucks, liberal men love the Prius and the Smart Car.  Conservative men have hot wives and eat meat....liberals get the other women and eat hummus.

Conservative men cook on grills with fire....and liberal men steam things.  Liberal men join the Salvation Army and the Peace Corps, Conservative men join the Marines and can efficiently kill someone up close or from 400 yards away with an M16 using only open iron sights. Conservative men cry, liberal men sob.

This is fun...and way too easy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Pay attention.

Your first post certainly makes it seem you were. Most people don't get defensive over something that doesn't offend/bother them

As you said, the study is "bull", yet presented by the OP as "science".  That would bother anyone who knew any better.

Ya just proved my point

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

The irony is all this whining by these Left leaning posters is sort of proving the study correct. As much as I find these studies to be bull, they're kind of making a case for it. 

Really?!  How so?

Given the study is "bull", then the OP is the example of weakness for throwing such a wet noodle out there.

How so? I thought that was clear in the post you responded to. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to macnh1's comment:

makes sense......conservatives are more independent, willing to help others in need, willing to stand up for the weak and more likely to start a business, take personal risk and give back expecting nothing in return

liberal men are weak weenies, who need to be rescued, expect others to pay for and provide for them and like to hide under the blanket of unions, tenure, and the generosity of others.

Conservative men drive trucks, liberal men love the Prius and the Smart Car.  Conservative men have hot wives and eat meat....liberals get the other women and eat hummus.

Conservative men cook on grills with fire....and liberal men steam things.  Liberal men join the Salvation Army and the Peace Corps, Conservative men join the Marines and can efficiently kill someone up close or from 400 yards away with an M16 using only open iron sights. Conservative men cry, liberal men sob.

Hey were we basic 0311s in the 8th Marines at Geiger  in late 70's and early 80's ?

Semper Fi !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to bigdog2's comment:

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Hey were we basic 0311s in the 8th Marines at Geiger  in late 70's and early 80's ?

Semper Fi !

As always, thank you for your service.  You are an American hero.  How`d you end up on the wrong side of the aisle?

I'm a nobody who served ...... you're on the right side of the aisle and I'm on the left side of the aisle but we are both in the same building and that why you and I can hold a civil conversation with each other with only a few funny insults thrown in .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Oooooooo...   threeeeeeee....    elevennnnnnnn....

Got to love you guys!

:p

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

Oooooooo...   threeeeeeee....    elevennnnnnnn....

Got to love you guys!

:p

you are a 3:)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Pay attention.

Ya just proved my point

In your imagination, maybe.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

PSST: He's baiting you and you are biting every time!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

makes sense......conservatives are more independent, willing to help others in need,

So much for your Salvation Army and Peace Corp theory. 

willing to stand up for the weak How so?and more likely to start a business, take personal risk and give back expecting nothing in return Ya, And whine about it daily on these boards!

Man is your head up your as$

Conservative men drive trucks, liberal men love the Prius and the Smart Car. 

Because they are concerned about the environment, maybe.

Conservative men have hot wives and eat meat....liberals get the other women and eat hummus.

I dont know any conservative ment with "hot" wives. And they tend to be hen pecked.
    And if eating meat is a sign of masculinity, then why were all these women eating at my BBQ last weekend (see below). But I like hummus too. Darn, that's a real conundrum for the right.

Conservative men cook on grills with fire....

Big BBQ at my house last weekend. Chicken burgers dogs and steak, along with corn, salad, fruit salad and HUMMUS. Oh gosh! what could this mean?

and liberal men steam things.

Got a problem with lobster, clams and mussels?

Liberal men join the Salvation Army and the Peace Corps,

Maybe they want to help out and work for a better world? You know willing to help others in need? Don't know, just sayin'.

Conservative men join the Marines and can efficiently kill someone up close or from 400 yards away with an M16 using only open iron sights.

So what. Give me a gun and I can shoot someone too. Psst, but it's against the law... 

Conservative men cry, liberal men sob.

Then why am I laughing so hard at your post.

It is!

Does anyone still wonder why they are called wingnuts?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Fish don't bait the fisherman.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Fish don't bait the fisherman.

In your imagination maybe... ; )

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Speaking of taking the bait. See billthecat's response to macnh1's post. Too fri99in funny

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Exactly right!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69rzwzeyJ08

Exactly right!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69rzwzeyJ08

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Speaking of taking the bait. See billthecat's response to macnh1's post. Too fri99in funny

This is where I get to say

Pot.Kettle.Black.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I wouldn't get too excited if I were you. The article seems to compare "physically stronger" men to neanderthals..and implies their views are somewhat archaic. This is not exactly a compliment.

Where is the link to this study by the way? Most reputable articles will provide the reader with a link to the actual study. This one doesn't. A quick search of the research projects (past and present)  conducted at Aarhus University doesn't yield a study of this nature. I am guessing that this article was the result of parsing out individual results that were part of a much broader study on power and democracy. If this is the case..then the article is completely unreliable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

I wouldn't get too excited if I were you. The article seems to compare "physically stronger" men to neanderthals..and implies their views are somewhat archaic. This is not exactly a compliment.

Where is the link to this study by the way? Most reputable articles will provide the reader with a link to the actual study. This one doesn't. A quick search of the research projects (past and present)  conducted at Aarhus University doesn't yield a study of this nature. I am guessing that this article was the result of parsing out individual results that were part of a much broader study on power and democracy. If this is the case..then the article is completely unreliable.

With all due respect, please follow the rules in these forums, as mandated by our liberal enforcers, including WDYWN and Concerned Citizen.
    These findings were published in the journal Psychological Science, by Professor Peterson. Who are you to dispute him? Are you a professsor?

You cannot argue with "science"....do you think you are smarter than scientists?

And to claim scientific research may be slanted, or misused for ideological reasons...heresy.

Why, global warming scientists and any other scientists, cannot be challenged for any reason. They are our moral and intellectual superiors. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

This must make the guy who calls people 'cowards' feel just that much tougher.

The science is settled...you pencil necked geek.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts