Scientific study: Physically stronger men are conservative, weaklings support the welfare state

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Scientific study: Physically stronger men are conservative, weaklings support the welfare state

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Progressives are so linked to the idea that man is the big issue with global warming. The big yellow thing in the sky is doing it.

And here I thought providing one example was enough to get the point across. Thanks, I guess.

The point is that the big yellow thing in the sky has more to do with global warming than man.

I guess I needed to spell out the obvious,

"Recall that the CO2 warmists in their half-baked models stubbornly keep focusing only on total solar irradiance (TSI), which itself varies only about 0.1% over an 11-year cycle (and thus by itself is no real climate driver) and ignore all the other amplification mechanisms. Well, the results of this study, as do dozens of others studies, show you can’t do that. Like it or not – the sun is a real player. Eventually the CO2 warmists will have to admit this, as anyone with even just an inkling of intuition would do."

http://notrickszone.com/2011/12/30/the-suns-impact-on-earths-temperature-goes-far-beyond-tsi-new-paper-shows/

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Scientific study: Physically stronger men are conservative, weaklings support the welfare state

The point is that the big yellow thing in the sky has more to do with global warming than man.

The "point" is also completely irrelevant. Have another beer.

sigh.  why?  Because you say so?  sigh.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Progressives are so linked to the idea that man is the big issue with global warming. The big yellow thing in the sky is doing it.

And here I thought providing one example was enough to get the point across. Thanks, I guess.

I guess I needed to spell out the obvious,

"Recall that the CO2 warmists in their half-baked models stubbornly keep focusing only on total solar irradiance (TSI), which itself varies only about 0.1% over an 11-year cycle (and thus by itself is no real climate driver) and ignore all the other amplification mechanisms. Well, the results of this study, as do dozens of others studies, show you can’t do that. Like it or not – the sun is a real player. Eventually the CO2 warmists will have to admit this, as anyone with even just an inkling of intuition would do."

http://notrickszone.com/2011/12/30/the-suns-impact-on-earths-temperature-goes-far-beyond-tsi-new-paper-shows/

So now 'intuition' is a replacement for science.... sad.

Of course "anyone with even an inkling of intuition" would realize that the debate is not about the heat source but rather what factors are trapping that heat in the atmosphere when it should be dissipating at a rate that moderates temperature, as history suggests.

So, now the Sun is irrelevant?  It is hard to keep up with a religion like this when the sacred texts are constantly changing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Because you say so?

Because if the sun's influence on temperatures on earth is X + 100, that does notmean that X + 105 is nothing to worry about. But you knew that.

Would you say that in the event of potential nuclear war, the effects of a nuclear winter on Earth should be ignored.......because another ice age will come at some point, anyway?

You're just being stupid for a reaction (I hope).

You are thinking too hard about this.  

It is simple.  If you want human activity to be the issue, then you will spend your days discounting every other cause, looking at man as a parasite on the planet.  That's what global warming is all about:  Apologizing to the planet for our behavior.  Completely uncontexualized.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Except that the sun is actually trending cooler...

while the earth is trending warmer.

They are both changing but in opposite directions.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to macnh1's comment:

makes sense......conservatives are more independent, willing to help others in need, willing to stand up for the weak and more likely to start a business, take personal risk and give back expecting nothing in return

liberal men are weak weenies, who need to be rescued, expect others to pay for and provide for them and like to hide under the blanket of unions, tenure, and the generosity of others.

Conservative men drive trucks, liberal men love the Prius and the Smart Car.  Conservative men have hot wives and eat meat....liberals get the other women and eat hummus.

Conservative men cook on grills with fire....and liberal men steam things.  Liberal men join the Salvation Army and the Peace Corps, Conservative men join the Marines and can efficiently kill someone up close or from 400 yards away with an M16 using only open iron sights. Conservative men cry, liberal men sob.

This is fun...and way too easy.

You say libruls are more likely to join the salvation army? Seriously an organization with a heavily religous bases that funds anti marriage equality? 

And your calling people who join the peace core cowards? People who risk their lives and get in involved in dangerous situations in order to help those in need.

Are you really this ignorant?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

makes sense......conservatives are more independent, willing to help others in need, willing to stand up for the weak and more likely to start a business, take personal risk and give back expecting nothing in return

liberal men are weak weenies, who need to be rescued, expect others to pay for and provide for them and like to hide under the blanket of unions, tenure, and the generosity of others.

Conservative men drive trucks, liberal men love the Prius and the Smart Car.  Conservative men have hot wives and eat meat....liberals get the other women and eat hummus.

Conservative men cook on grills with fire....and liberal men steam things.  Liberal men join the Salvation Army and the Peace Corps, Conservative men join the Marines and can efficiently kill someone up close or from 400 yards away with an M16 using only open iron sights. Conservative men cry, liberal men sob.

You say libruls are more likely to join the salvation army? Seriously an organization with a heavily religous bases that funds anti marriage equality? 

And your calling people who join the peace core cowards? People who risk their lives and get in involved in dangerous situations in order to help those in need.

So, liberals have litmus tests for helping the poor.  

how...enlightened.  And expected.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

I wouldn't get too excited if I were you. The article seems to compare "physically stronger" men to neanderthals..and implies their views are somewhat archaic. This is not exactly a compliment.

Where is the link to this study by the way? Most reputable articles will provide the reader with a link to the actual study. This one doesn't. A quick search of the research projects (past and present)  conducted at Aarhus University doesn't yield a study of this nature. I am guessing that this article was the result of parsing out individual results that were part of a much broader study on power and democracy. If this is the case..then the article is completely unreliable.

With all due respect, please follow the rules in these forums, as mandated by our liberal enforcers, including WDYWN and Concerned Citizen.
    These findings were published in the journal Psychological Science, by Professor Peterson. Who are you to dispute him? Are you a professsor?

You cannot argue with "science"....do you think you are smarter than scientists?

And to claim scientific research may be slanted, or misused for ideological reasons...heresy.

Why, global warming scientists and any other scientists, cannot be challenged for any reason. They are our moral and intellectual superiors. 

I am not a professor...but I am betting I know a lot more about you regarding how to interpret the results of a study..in determining if it meets the criteria for a valid study and so on and so forth.

You should read what the Association for Psychological Science has to say about these findings. Once again..it doesn't exactly portray so called "muscle men" in a very positive intellectual light.

Well put miscricket. Well put indeed!

Thanks Al :-)

Come on, mscricket, fess up.  If you are a gal looking for a guy,  going for the tall handsome, athletic guy, not the short, caloric challenged geek, everytime.

Haha..sorry to disappoint you Skeeter...but I have four requirements when it comes to men...Sense of Humor, intelligence, good hygiene and honesty. All equally important.  I can't say much for the shortness factor. I am just 5 feet tall. Pretty much everyone is taller than I am..so my idea of tall would be different than a supermodel's idea of tall. It's all relative.

Your height does give you the advantage of having a bigger pool to choose from, so to speak. Let's be honest, most women prefer the guy to be taller and stronger. Most women want to be with a guy they feel can and will protect them. It's human nature. 

That's a good point..and really spot on. I guess my point is that everyone's definition of taller and stronger is different. I am guessing that I could probably outrun and outlift hubby...but being a smart woman I would never point that out...lol On the other hand..he is an emotionally strong person..and for that he is my rock.

The irony is he probably knows you can outrun and outlift him...and is thankful you don't point it out ; )

We all have out strengths and weakness and it sounds like with you and your hubby there is a good balance.

Haha...you could be right...but it's something I will never bring up. I think you said it best. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. I would like to believe that as a society in general..we have evolved from basing someone's worth or superiority on physical appearance ( except where warranted). After all..even Christianity teaches that this viewpoint is wrong. ( David and Goliath)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

Not the ones that I know....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

So, liberals have litmus tests for helping the poor.  

how...enlightened.  And expected.

Oh I didn't realize that the salvation army was the only organization set up to help the poor. My bad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In response to BilltheKat's comment:

In response to tvoter's comment:

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

In your imagination, maybe. 

PSST: He's baiting you and you are biting every time!

Speaking of taking the bait. See billthecat's response to macnh1's post. Too fri99in funny

This is where I get to say

Pot.Kettle.Black.

You can say it....doesn't make sense...but you sure can say it. Carry on

Good to see your narcissism is fully intact.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

In your imagination, maybe. 

PSST: He's baiting you and you are biting every time!

Speaking of taking the bait. See billthecat's response to macnh1's post. Too fri99in funny

This is where I get to say

Pot.Kettle.Black.

You can say it....doesn't make sense...but you sure can say it. Carry on

Good to see your narcissism is fully intact.

photo TheJoker_zpscad99e72.gif