Scientific study: Physically stronger men are conservative, weaklings support the welfare state

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Scientific study: Physically stronger men are conservative, weaklings support the welfare state

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

I wouldn't get too excited if I were you. The article seems to compare "physically stronger" men to neanderthals..and implies their views are somewhat archaic. This is not exactly a compliment.

Where is the link to this study by the way? Most reputable articles will provide the reader with a link to the actual study. This one doesn't. A quick search of the research projects (past and present)  conducted at Aarhus University doesn't yield a study of this nature. I am guessing that this article was the result of parsing out individual results that were part of a much broader study on power and democracy. If this is the case..then the article is completely unreliable.

With all due respect, please follow the rules in these forums, as mandated by our liberal enforcers, including WDYWN and Concerned Citizen.
    These findings were published in the journal Psychological Science, by Professor Peterson. Who are you to dispute him? Are you a professsor?

You cannot argue with "science"....do you think you are smarter than scientists?

And to claim scientific research may be slanted, or misused for ideological reasons...heresy.

Why, global warming scientists and any other scientists, cannot be challenged for any reason. They are our moral and intellectual superiors. 

I am not a professor...but I am betting I know a lot more about you regarding how to interpret the results of a study..in determining if it meets the criteria for a valid study and so on and so forth.

You should read what the Association for Psychological Science has to say about these findings. Once again..it doesn't exactly portray so called "muscle men" in a very positive intellectual light.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Re: Scientific study: Physically stronger men are conservative, weaklings support the welfare state

I wouldn't get too excited if I were you. The article seems to compare "physically stronger" men to neanderthals..and implies their views are somewhat archaic. This is not exactly a compliment.

Where is the link to this study by the way? Most reputable articles will provide the reader with a link to the actual study. This one doesn't. A quick search of the research projects (past and present)  conducted at Aarhus University doesn't yield a study of this nature. I am guessing that this article was the result of parsing out individual results that were part of a much broader study on power and democracy. If this is the case..then the article is completely unreliable.

With all due respect, please follow the rules in these forums, as mandated by our liberal enforcers, including WDYWN and Concerned Citizen.
    These findings were published in the journal Psychological Science, by Professor Peterson. Who are you to dispute him? Are you a professsor?

You cannot argue with "science"....do you think you are smarter than scientists?

And to claim scientific research may be slanted, or misused for ideological reasons...heresy.

Why, global warming scientists and any other scientists, cannot be challenged for any reason. They are our moral and intellectual superiors. 

I am not a professor...but I am betting I know a lot more about you regarding how to interpret the results of a study..in determining if it meets the criteria for a valid study and so on and so forth.

You should read what the Association for Psychological Science has to say about these findings. Once again..it doesn't exactly portray so called "muscle men" in a very positive intellectual light.

Well put miscricket. Well put indeed!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:

Thanks Al :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

I see. You can summarily dispute a Professor, and science, with impunity.

Yet any doubt about alleged man-made global warming is dissed here as stupidity, because "scientists are smarter than us".
    You libs are not very self-aware ofthe blatant inconsistencies.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Yet any doubt about alleged man-made global warming is dissed here as stupidity, because "scientists are smarter than us".

CLC..did you read whaat the APS had to say about the results of this study..? Methinks you must not be one of those big "physically strong " men. If you were..you'd be insulted.

I am not summarily dismissing a professor. I am summarily dismissing your conclusion of the study results. I am stating that the article which YOU posted simply parses out a statement..taken out of the context of the study..and you twist it to make a political statement about the "takers"...when in actuality..that is not remotely what the study appears to be about.

Then..you have the audacity to state that you are "quoting science".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

CLC..did you read whaat the APS had to say about the results of this study..? Methinks you must not be one of those big "physically strong " men. If you were..you'd be insulted.

I am not summarily dismissing a professor. I am summarily dismissing your conclusion of the study results. I am stating that the article which YOU posted simply parses out a statement..taken out of the context of the study..and you twist it to make a political statement about the "takers"...when in actuality..that is not remotely what the study appears to be about.

He's out of his league with you, miscricket:)........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

He's out of his league with you, miscricket:)........

I am thinking he's probably out of my 2 year old niece's league...lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Come on, mscricket, fess up.  If you are a gal looking for a guy,  going for the tall handsome, athletic guy, not the short, caloric challenged geek, everytime.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

SPAM. Knock it off.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Br'er Crankup what's matter .... you don't like to see photos of poor hungry children .

btw if you don't like my posts report me !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Br'er Crankup what's matter .... you don't like to see photos of poor hungry children .

Maybe the union rep that made that picture could have thrown that kid a sandwich, or something.

I am so sick and tired of people like you casting stones.  Shut up and do something about it yourself.  You got enough time to try to berate us all here on some made up point, you got time to go feed starving kids.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Maybe the union rep that made that picture could have thrown that kid a sandwich, or something.

I am so sick and tired of people like you casting stones.  Shut up and do something about it yourself.  You got enough time to try to berate us all here on some made up point, you got time to go feed starving kids.

skeeter what are you doing about starving Americans Citizens ..... I'm sorry I  forgot you told me that you work in a food kitchen and you eat there for free to " SUPPLEMENT" your 60 dollars a week that you and your wife spend on groceries for the week .

Well my man that is the height of hypocrisy ... a gainfully employed adult male like yourself taking food out of the mouths of the needy .

Semper Fi !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to BilltheKat's comment:

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

In response to tvoter's comment:

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

In your imagination, maybe. 

PSST: He's baiting you and you are biting every time!

Speaking of taking the bait. See billthecat's response to macnh1's post. Too fri99in funny

This is where I get to say

Pot.Kettle.Black.

You can say it....doesn't make sense...but you sure can say it. Carry on

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Judging by the fact the number of food stamp recipients have DOUBLED under Obama, from 24 to 48 million,
    it is clearly true that compassionate liberals care for poor people so much, their policies create more poor people every single day....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Judging by the fact the number of food stamp recipients have DOUBLED under Obama, from 24 to 48 million,
    it is clearly true that compassionate liberals care for poor people so much, their policies create more poor people every single day....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Come on, mscricket, fess up.  If you are a gal looking for a guy,  going for the tall handsome, athletic guy, not the short, caloric challenged geek, everytime.

Haha..sorry to disappoint you Skeeter...but I have four requirements when it comes to men...Sense of Humor, intelligence, good hygiene and honesty. All equally important.  I can't say much for the shortness factor. I am just 5 feet tall. Pretty much everyone is taller than I am..so my idea of tall would be different than a supermodel's idea of tall. It's all relative.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Haha..sorry to disappoint you Skeeter...but I have four requirements when it comes to men...Sense of Humor, intelligence, good hygiene and honesty. All equally important.  I can't say much for the shortness factor. I am just 5 feet tall. Pretty much everyone is taller than I am..so my idea of tall would be different than a supermodel's idea of tall. It's all relative.

Your height does give you the advantage of having a bigger pool to choose from, so to speak. Let's be honest, most women prefer the guy to be taller and stronger. Most women want to be with a guy they feel can and will protect them. It's human nature. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Your height does give you the advantage of having a bigger pool to choose from, so to speak. Let's be honest, most women prefer the guy to be taller and stronger. Most women want to be with a guy they feel can and will protect them. It's human nature. 

That's a good point..and really spot on. I guess my point is that everyone's definition of taller and stronger is different. I am guessing that I could probably outrun and outlift hubby...but being a smart woman I would never point that out...lol On the other hand..he is an emotionally strong person..and for that he is my rock.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

That's a good point..and really spot on. I guess my point is that everyone's definition of taller and stronger is different. I am guessing that I could probably outrun and outlift hubby...but being a smart woman I would never point that out...lol On the other hand..he is an emotionally strong person..and for that he is my rock.

The irony is he probably knows you can outrun and outlift him...and is thankful you don't point it out ; )

We all have out strengths and weakness and it sounds like with you and your hubby there is a good balance.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Yah, I know.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

any doubt about alleged man-made global warming is dissed here as stupidity, because "scientists are smarter than us".

No need to get so defensive. You're simply suffering from a syndrome currently spreading amongst Americans: The notion that the mere act of voicing disagreement with a thing creates a legitimate "debate." of some sort.

Like the morons who say they doubt evolution and believe in intelligent design, based on......

....evidence? No.

....testable theories? No.

Just personal opinion and a horrifically arrogant belief that merely by saying they doubt evolution, their words have legitimately called it into doubt.

Merely saying you doubt global warming and pointing to Al Gore and a cold winter isn't how a legitimate challenge is brought within science. The problem isn't people disputing global warming on a per se basis. The problem is people treating their statement that they don't believe man is causing it as evidence. The problem is people pretending things that don't undermine actually do - such as restricting the inquiry to the last 15 years and ignoring the fact that nobody ever said global warming would end warming and cooling cycles that have existed throughout Earth's history.

This isn't hard.

At least, it shouldn't be so hard.

No doubt, if you will respond, it will be with boring attempted snark.

Irony....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

any doubt about alleged man-made global warming is dissed here as stupidity, because "scientists are smarter than us".

No need to get so defensive. You're simply suffering from a syndrome currently spreading amongst Americans: The notion that the mere act of voicing disagreement with a thing creates a legitimate "debate." of some sort.

Like the morons who say they doubt evolution and believe in intelligent design, based on......

....evidence? No.

....testable theories? No.

Just personal opinion and a horrifically arrogant belief that merely by saying they doubt evolution, their words have legitimately called it into doubt.

Merely saying you doubt global warming and pointing to Al Gore and a cold winter isn't how a legitimate challenge is brought within science. The problem isn't people disputing global warming on a per se basis. The problem is people treating their statement that they don't believe man is causing it as evidence. The problem is people pretending things that don't undermine actually do - such as restricting the inquiry to the last 15 years and ignoring the fact that nobody ever said global warming would end warming and cooling cycles that have existed throughout Earth's history.

This isn't hard.

At least, it shouldn't be so hard.

No doubt, if you will respond, it will be with boring attempted snark.

Progressives are so linked to the idea that man is the big issue with global warming.  

The big yellow thing in the sky is doing it.