Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren - The Debate!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren - The Debate!

The senatorial debate is about to commence. Looking forward to it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Re: Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren - The Debate!

They both seem to have held their own.  We'll have to wit to see it spun.

But one general question that's not yet answered:  Then why doesn't Sen. Brown become a democrat?  He tries so hard to prove he is one in all but the label.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to Firewind's comment:

They both seem to have held their own.  We'll have to wit to see it spun.

But one general question that's not yet answered:  Then why doesn't Sen. Brown become a democrat?  He tries so hard to prove he is one in all but the label.

Yes...thats the question.  Do you want someone who would vote against the Tea Party, say 25% of the time, or do you want someone who would vote against them 100% of the time.....her flaws and all.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Who remembers that he voted against Justice Kagen in a vote that is at the core of governance?  Now we do.  When it comes right down to it...

And, also when it comes right down to it - shifting the Senate to the leadership of Sen. Imhofe (and Oklahoma) and similar - it's what Sen. Brown's sponsors bought.  That money knows the stakes.  The voter might well be reminded, and then make her/his own choice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

The money to Sen. Brown:  Say anything you want to.  It's that "R" that we bought.  Have a nice day.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

brown will hold 98% of the tax payers hostage for the sake  of the upper 2 percent

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I cant believe he talked about protecting his mother from an abusive step-father.  

I think he shed some of his nice guy image.  I kind of liked him but didn't want him to be the senator just because he was a republican, but now I think he's a twit.

He came across like he was trying to remember what he was supposed to say.  Warren seemed to be much more comfortable with what she was saying.  Her experience as debater came across.  

I liked his line about wanting to talk to Warren's brother who served on multiple combat missions. Dude has been drawing a pay check for 30 plus years to play weekend warrior but managed to avoid getting called to active duty as the US fought 3 wars.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Travelers was fighting to gain permanent immunity from asbestos-related lawsuits by establishing a $500 million trust. The trust would have been divided among current and future victims of asbestos poisoning who had claims against the nation’s largest asbestos manufacturer, Johns-Manville, which had been insured by Travelers before it went bankrupt.

Travelers won most of what it wanted from the Supreme Court, and in doing so Warren helped preserve an element of bankruptcy law that ensured that victims of large-scale corporate malfeasance would have a better chance of getting compensated, even when the responsible companies go bankrupt.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

brown will hold 98% of the tax payers hostage for the sake  of the upper 2 percent

I don't own a dog and I don't like be held hostage. I thought that she made a good point of who brown stands with and unless you are Milburn Drysdale it ain't you

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I didn't get a chance to listen to the debate, but, before I opened this thread, I decided in advance that Greginmeffa was likely to represent it fairly.  He is a fair guy.

thanks Grenin for your fair observations.  The rest of you are simply partisan hacks (like me!)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I thought they both had their strong points and week points. Brown came right out of the starting gate with the Cherokee heritage attack and I thought Warren handled it fine.. you could tell she was ready for it. Her line that "the question has been answered..Sen. Brown just doesn't like the answer" was well played.

Warren had the advantage in that Brown's votes in Congress have not always jibed with what he states in his campaign ads. I thought Brown seemed overall more defensive although as time went on..his performance got stronger and her's got weaker.

It was an interesting strategy for her to remind voters that these senate races are about control of Congress..I thought that was smart..but she spent too much time in Imhofe.

I was also surprised Brown talked about his abusive step father. It was nice that Warren took the high road and didn't ask him to prove his stepfather was abusive..you know..show the restraining order..etc...like he is asking her to do about what she believes to be her heritage.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

I thought they both had their strong points and week points. Brown came right out of the starting gate with the Cherokee heritage attack and I thought Warren handled it fine.. you could tell she was ready for it. Her line that "the question has been answered..Sen. Brown just doesn't like the answer" was well played.

Warren had the advantage in that Brown's votes in Congress have not always jibed with what he states in his campaign ads. I thought Brown seemed overall more defensive although as time went on..his performance got stronger and her's got weaker.

It was an interesting strategy for her to remind voters that these senate races are about control of Congress..I thought that was smart..but she spent too much time in Imhofe.

I was also surprised Brown talked about his abusive step father. It was nice that Warren took the high road and didn't ask him to prove his stepfather was abusive..you know..show the restraining order..etc...like he is asking her to do about what she believes to be her heritage.

More than likely because she knows she can't prove her heritage claim. A losing argument for Princess running sap.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

It was a draw:

Warren over performed and her 4 pat over rehearsed answers worked well the first and second time but by the 4th repitition you could see lacked a general command of the issues to get into any depth.  She failed on her tax policy positon (just more) after getting hammered by Brown and her Jim Inoffe point was odd the first time and rediculus the third.  Her desire to pull Brown into a discussion on Obama or the presidential race fell flat and she looked desperate with her repeated attempts, because on her own merits she won't win she needs fear of a GOP majority to win, now that's instilling confidence and strength.  She excited her base by not looking snippy and arrogant (hard for her) and she obviously accomplished her desire to not look like the smartest one in the room.

Brown was his comfortable likeable self with good senatorial knowledge and command of the issues he could easily respopnd to Warrens attacks on his votes.  He made her look foolish in the end on her Brown is against women meme; it didn't work for Chokely either so you'd think the Dem advisors would learn.  Yes Brown's sin against pro-choice is that he doesn't want people of faith to have to compromise thier beliefs.  Brown did let Warren get under his skin a bit on her "he's siding with big oil point" but he got his point across.  On the student loan vote she drew a little first blood but she should have left it alone as Brown was able to come back and point out that every choice she makes is just to create more taxes; and that isn't making the tough decisons of governing.

Sen Reid drama about delayed votes was a good distraction as he fumed about Sen Brown saying he was preventing him from flying to a debate.  Brown with his just in time arrival to the debate facility showed he doesn't fluster under fire.

John Keller was good and to the point; but my question why the Mr Brown and Ms Warren salutations? Brown is a sitting Senator and deserves the respect of the title; Warren could have asked to be called Ms Warren if she wasn't proud of her Professor title.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

brown started right off with one the gop greatest hits, the race card, which she handled quite gracefully . Warren get the win in that exchange.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

It was a draw:

Warren over performed and her 4 pat over rehearsed answers worked well the first and second time but by the 4th repitition you could see lacked a general command of the issues to get into any depth.  She failed on her tax policy positon (just more) after getting hammered by Brown and her Jim Inoffe point was odd the first time and rediculus the third.  Her desire to pull Brown into a discussion on Obama or the presidential race fell flat and she looked desperate with her repeated attempts, because on her own merits she won't win she needs fear of a GOP majority to win, now that's instilling confidence and strength.  She excited her base by not looking snippy and arrogant (hard for her) and she obviously accomplished her desire to not look like the smartest one in the room.

Brown was his comfortable likeable self with good senatorial knowledge and command of the issues he could easily respopnd to Warrens attacks on his votes.  He made her look foolish in the end on her Brown is against women meme; it didn't work for Chokely either so you'd think the Dem advisors would learn.  Yes Brown's sin against pro-choice is that he doesn't want people of faith to have to compromise thier beliefs.  Brown did let Warren get under his skin a bit on her "he's siding with big oil point" but he got his point across.  On the student loan vote she drew a little first blood but she should have left it alone as Brown was able to come back and point out that every choice she makes is just to create more taxes; and that isn't making the tough decisons of governing.

Sen Reid drama about delayed votes was a good distraction as he fumed about Sen Brown saying he was preventing him from flying to a debate.  Brown with his just in time arrival to the debate facility showed he doesn't fluster under fire.

John Keller was good and to the point; but my question why the Mr Brown and Ms Warren salutations? Brown is a sitting Senator and deserves the respect of the title; Warren could have asked to be called Ms Warren if she wasn't proud of her Professor title.

brown was not likeable at all. In fact he look quite cheap, hyper and off putting. He does not act like a senator. Where Warre looks cool, thoughful and warm. She in fact looks the part of a senator.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:

HAHAHAHA....

Did you just look in the mirror son ?

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Brown is a nice enough guy, but the Republican party has become a runaway freight train of know-nothing, tax-dodging, detail dodging sociopaths who don't deserve a place at the political table and Brown is powerless to do anything about it. 

Sections
Shortcuts