Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren - The Debate!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Re: Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren - The Debate!

In response to msobstinate99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Update on BDC. Fact Check on Travelers; Brown right but misleading. Ouch that had to hurt coming from the BDC Warren Editorial writers board.

So in other words Brown was correct and Warren tied to dance away from the issue of helping big business,...priceless.

[/QUOTE]

She was caught off guard when Brown hit her with that one. She was blinking and swallowing hard.

[/QUOTE]

The TV split screen on those issues were great.  On the radio they just didn't come over as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

I cant believe he talked about protecting his mother from an abusive step-father

Bah. I wouldn't make much of that. Clinton talked about how he protected mommy from drunk step-dad or whatever. In fact, an awful lot of Presidential/Other candidates tell similar stories....

[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Warren had a tough life too, she had to drive that small sporty MG to school and had a hard time fitting the 3rd car in the driveway.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

[QUOTE]Update on BDC. Fact Check on Travelers; Brown right but misleading. Ouch that had to hurt coming from the BDC Warren Editorial writers board.

So in other words Brown was correct and Warren tied to dance away from the issue of helping big business,...priceless.[/QUOTE]

I think msobstinate99 is right that she just blinked.  I don't remember her going on about this.  How does one succinctly describe in a debate what was involved in setting up a fund so victims get paid something when an insurance company is trying to dance away from its obligation?  Travelers was spending a ton of money to save a ton of money.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I think Scott Brown won the debate and I'm voting for him, just because I like him and he gives off a positive vibe...not like the other one!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Was Brown really winking at the camera when she was talking?

Too funny

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

brown started right off with one the gop greatest hits, the race card, which she handled quite gracefully . Warren get the win in that exchange.

[/QUOTE]

She won the debate on her false claim to be Cherokee?

How?

Get it?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Update on BDC. Fact Check on Travelers; Brown right but misleading. Ouch that had to hurt coming from the BDC Warren Editorial writers board.

So in other words Brown was correct and Warren tied to dance away from the issue of helping big business,...priceless.

[/QUOTE]

She was caught off guard when Brown hit her with that one. She was blinking and swallowing hard.

[/QUOTE]

Globe Fact check:  Brown was right, but missleading.

Translation:  Brown is right, we wish he wasn't.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The TV split screen on those issues were great.  On the radio they just didn't come over as well.

[/QUOTE]

I can't listen to debates on the radio, you have to watch and get their reactions live. Warren's reactions showed she wasn't ready to play. Her whispering was odd. Brown was prepared and knew how to play. 

[/QUOTE]

He can barely talk.  He's like Sara Palin.  And that laugh of his.

Pretty embarassing how he keeps saying how he defended his mother for an abusive step father.  The man has no shame. If he falls lower in the polls, will he bring being abused in camp?  And how exactly does having 2 daughters make him qualified to be a Senator?

Brown seems to be running on 5 things:

1. He compromises except when it comes to tax increases on the wealthy
    2. protecting his Mommy from the evil step father
    3. Having daughters
    4. Avoiding active duty in the Military - but not cashing the checks for playing at being a real soldier.
    5. And being bipartisan, which won't be necessary if Mitch McConell being the Senate Majority leader.

When's the next debate?

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think he missed an opportunity to connect with undecided voters.  He was snarky and brought up issues that Herald has been harping on for months.  If the question of Warren's native american heritage hadn't already swayed you, it's not going to sway you.

I think he came across as being less likeable than he was before the debate.

Warren was good.  She's a good debater, can think on her feet.  Brown stumbled and seemed more concerned with hitting talking points that really have nothing to do with being a senator.

I was really surprised by Brown bringing up the native american thing right off the bat and spouting out the Traveler's nonsense in kind of a "oh yeah, well you represented Travelers in the Asbestos case that hurt people", which againis a lot of nonsense.

He went negative which reflects that he's down in the polls.  Should be interesting if Warren goes negative as well.

Pickup truck - Check

National Guard - Check

Daughters - Check

Wife - Check

Defended mom from evil Step Dad - Check

Native American - Check

Travelers - Check

Snarky - Check

[/QUOTE]

I still find it interesting that Brown couldn't find it within is rightwing heart to serve in the National Guard in his own state. The Senator is serving in the Maryland National Guard. I guess he's just too good for his own state.

[/QUOTE]

It would be difficult to commute to Boston to satisfy Guard duty while serving in Washington.

You probably failed to note the geographic proximity of Maryland to Washington DC.

[/QUOTE]

Really? Does he not commute back to his home state for his Senatorial duties?  Or would he prefer to represent Maryland in the Senate too?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

ew people today.  the general consesus is Scott Brown won the debate handily. 

Sorry folks, thems the facts.  Too many people, form both sides of the political spectrum have told me so.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry folks, thems the facts.  Too many people, form both sides of the political spectrum have told me so.

[/QUOTE]

Someone needs to lookup the definitions of opinion and fact.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pretty embarassing how he keeps saying how he defended his mother for an abusive step father.

----------------------------------

But just fine for Bill Clinton.

This is so easy

[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize that Clinton defended his mother from an abusive step father.  I read that when Clinton was 14 (he was already six foot tall) he put a stop to it.  Scooter's father must have a big dude.  Read where he was given Brown beatings when he was a senior in high school.

This is what I don't get.  Brown was spending summers with his father in Newburyport.  Why didn't he tell hs father that his step father was beating him?  I know what I would do if my son was getting beaten by his step father.

Do you recall if Clinton ever used protecting his mother as proof that he cared for women?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to jmel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can't listen to debates on the radio, you have to watch and get their reactions live. Warren's reactions showed she wasn't ready to play. Her whispering was odd. Brown was prepared and knew how to play. 

[/QUOTE]

He can barely talk.  He's like Sara Palin.  And that laugh of his.

Pretty embarassing how he keeps saying how he defended his mother for an abusive step father.  The man has no shame. If he falls lower in the polls, will he bring being abused in camp?  And how exactly does having 2 daughters make him qualified to be a Senator?

Brown seems to be running on 5 things:

1. He compromises except when it comes to tax increases on the wealthy
    2. protecting his Mommy from the evil step father
    3. Having daughters
    4. Avoiding active duty in the Military - but not cashing the checks for playing at being a real soldier.
    5. And being bipartisan, which won't be necessary if Mitch McConell being the Senate Majority leader.

When's the next debate?

[/QUOTE]

You are delusional. Did you watch the same debate we did? 

[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what debates they had going in Jamal world.

Brown went negative right out of the gate.  it was like his talking points were written by the Herald.  I was disappointed because I was hoping for a debate that would appeal to the wonks.  Instead Brown focused on the BS.  

Heres the problem that Brown created for himself.  In the next debate he has to focus on he issues other wise he comes across as being the empty suit everyone knows him to be.

Warrens mistake was that she should have hung Romney on him.  She should have repeated Romney's words about the 47% and reminded everyone that Brown endorsed him.  And then she should have pointed out that Brown was on welfare when he was a kid.  She should have forced him to either renew hs endorsement of Romney or take it back.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to jmel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

brown will hold 98% of the tax payers hostage for the sake  of the upper 2 percent

[/QUOTE]

I don't own a dog and I don't like be held hostage. I thought that she made a good point of who brown stands with and unless you are Milburn Drysdale it ain't you

[/QUOTE]

But you think Warren stands with you?  So, she teaches ONE class, makes $300,000 PLUS, has housing, and icentives, perks, etc........and she "stands with 98%"?  Who are the 98% sis?   You do know that you are (probably) in that dreaded "2%" don`t you?

[/QUOTE]

I am but I never forgot where I came from !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

brown started right off with one the gop greatest hits, the race card, which she handled quite gracefully . Warren get the win in that exchange.

[/QUOTE]

How?

Get it?

[/QUOTE]

Here you go again not paying attention to what somebody said or in this case wrote. I stated that she won the exchange about being a Native American or not. You don't have to like her answer and you don't have to like my comment. You can enjoy the creepy way that brown was trying to make a point while racial profiling. But you shouldn't try to put words in my mouth. I never gave an opinion of who I thouht won the debate so you lose this exchange with me.

Make sure you know what you're talking about before you open you pie hole !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How?

Get it?

[/QUOTE]

Here you go again not paying attention to what somebody said or in this case wrote. I stated that she won the exchange about being a Native American or not. You don't have to like her answer and you don't have to like my comment. You can enjoy the creepy way that brown was trying to make a point while racial profiling. But you shouldn't try to put words in my mouth. I never gave an opinion of who I thouht won the debate so you lose this exchange with me.

Make sure you know what you're talking about before you open you pie hole !

[/QUOTE]

Racial profiling a white woman?

Classic.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How?

Get it?

[/QUOTE]

Her mom told her she was part cherokee and part delaware.  why would her mother lie about something like that?  

There was a time in Oklahoma when people weren't as open minded about race as you are, particularly towards Indians.  It might have had something to do with Commanches raping white women and torturing white men to death (they also did it to other indians).  And you know how some white people can be - all Indians are the same, even though the Cherokees were marched in chains from the Carolinas to Oklahoma and were treated as badly by the Commanches as whites were (the difference being, the whites were there by choice and the Cherokees weren't).

The point being, there were several generations when documenting Indian blood wasn't the wisest thing in the word o do.

Its actually ironic.  Warrens grandmother was bigotted against native Americans, and now Brown thinks she doesn't look enough like anIndian. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Someone needs to lookup the definitions of opinion and fact.

[/QUOTE]

I see I found a Warren partisan.

The FACT is that in the OPINION of most people I talked to, Brown won the debate.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How?

Get it?

[/QUOTE]

Her mom told her she was part cherokee and part delaware.  why would her mother lie about something like that?  

There was a time in Oklahoma when people weren't as open minded about race as you are, particularly towards Indians.  It might have had something to do with Commanches raping white women and torturing white men to death (they also did it to other indians).  And you know how some white people can be - all Indians are the same, even though the Cherokees were marched in chains from the Carolinas to Oklahoma and were treated as badly by the Commanches as whites were (the difference being, the whites were there by choice and the Cherokees weren't).

The point being, there were several generations when documenting Indian blood wasn't the wisest thing in the word o do.

Its actually ironic.  Warrens grandmother was bigotted against native Americans, and now Brown thinks she doesn't look enough like anIndian. 

[/QUOTE]

Still clinging to the lie, I see.

Where is her membership in the tribe?  How about her parents?  Her brothers?

Seems unlikely that Warren is tellign the truth.  There would be SOMETHING that they could hang their hat on, other than high cheek bones.

Sections
Shortcuts