Scott Brown in lockstep with Repubs yet again...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Re: Scott Brown in lockstep with Repubs yet again...

I this news?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Oh but they did include it. And re-electing Brown makes it that much easier for an antiabortion amendment to be added to the Constitution. The Republican party leadership has got to be the biggest bunch of nitwits ever. Economy in the toilet, a kajillion dollar deficit, and they nominate a guy that no one likes, and put together a platform guaranteed to alienate more than half the electorate.they got guys going on TV telling the world that a woman can't get pregnant from a legitimate rape. They nominate a rich guy who is so greedy that even though he's been running for president for the past 8 years, he still couldn't bring himself to organize his investments in a way that wouldn't alienate voters if they ever saw his tax returns. They nominate a guy whose only election victory came against the current head of the Boston Area Girl Scouts. Not the national leader. Not the New Englnd leader. Not even the leader of the Massachusetts Girl Scouts, but leader of the Boston Girl Scouts.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Scooter has so much pull in the Republican Party that the best he could do is publish the letter he's going to send complaining about the national party platform. We went from having a lion in the senate to having a wimp representing us. I don't want a senator that complains about the party platform. I want a senator that will fight for the residents of Massachusetts. I don't want a senator thats going to help make abortion illegal. I want a senator that's going to fight tooth and nail for abortion rights.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

What part of Senate Majority Leader sets the agenda in the Senate that you don't understand? What part of Senate Majority Leader selects the committee chairman that you don't understand? Who cares if Brown votes on Bills sponsored by dems if they never make it through committee?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: Scott Brown in lockstep with Repubs yet again...:
    [QUOTE]Scooter has so much pull in the Republican Party that the best he could do is publish the letter he's going to send complaining about the national party platform. We went from having a lion in the senate to having a wimp representing us. I don't want a senator that complains about the party platform. I want a senator that will fight for the residents of Massachusetts. I don't want a senator thats going to help make abortion illegal. I want a senator that's going to fight tooth and nail for abortion rights.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Look at the bright side he isn't a muderer or a drunk but then again that obviously doesn't make a difference in Massachusetts.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]antiabortion amendment to be added to the Constitution. ----------------------------------- Bwa ha ha hahahaha ha!  The last amendment took 200 years.  Call me in 2213. Dunce
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

So we should just ignore their retrograde views?  I think not. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

He's such a fighter. So what is Scooter going to do when it comes time to fill a spot on the supreme court and a republican resident appoints someone who will over tun roe v wade? Write letter? You see greggie, if that happens they won't need a constitutional amendment to outlaw abortions. I can't wait for the debates.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scott Brown in lockstep with Repubs yet again... : Well hold on. To think that electing Brown is going to vote for any abortion Amendments they try to float, you'd have to think he's lying and posturing in criticizing the GOP on including this in the platform. I don't have much reason to suspect that.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

You don't think he'd support the nomination of a anti abortion Supreme Court Judge?

The National Republican party does not reflect the values of the voters of Massachusetts.  Scott Brown in the Senate helps the National Republican party move their agenda forward.  A Republican Senate majority means the Republicans control the agenda of the Senate and of the Committee's in the Senate.  You maybe against everything that Akin stands for, but Brown in the Senate gives Akins a louder voice. 

If Scott Brown were a leader in the National Republican Party and could move the party towards the middle, that would be one thing.  But he's not a leader and he never will be a leader.  He doesn't have to be anti-abortion if the Senate Majority Leader is anti-abortion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Akin's is out on a limb with his statements about  how a woman can't get pregnant from "legitimate rape".  But his views on abortion reflect the mainstream of the Republican Party.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts