SCOTUS gives many voting rights power back to the states. Thought?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Re: SCOTUS gives many voting rights power back to the states. Thought?

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Brought to you by the Blue Street Journal

Thats just BS.  The only part of VRA effected is Section 4, which singles out some states and counties.  If you buy that thats voting rights for all Americans, I got this bridge.  It doesn't effect voting rights for ANY Americans.

And where was the outrage when the court liberals voted to give big corp to power to blow up your house, nay, entire neighborhood?

Or when Elena voted in favor of the Prop 8 appeal?

Got ya ....3:)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

The hypocricy has no bounds.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

And where was the outrage when the court liberals voted to give big corp to power to blow up your house, nay, entire neighborhood?

That's different. That wasn't a conflict between state and federal government where the feds automatically win. That was a a conflict between individual home owners and the local government. The liberals on the court always side with government over individuals and the larger governmental agency over the smaller. How else do you think the centralization of power in the hands of the fewest people possible will take place?

--

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

I guess it counters the lefts run at illegal votes

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Matt Wuerker

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

I thought you got the point Sis?  Only section IV is affected.  No more singling out states based on 50 year old criteria.  Congress can still update the criteria.  So when NO democrats try to, I'm sure you'll blame them too right?  That would be right about now.  Have at it.

I think the ruling is really a bad thing .... I hope everybody who wants to vote will be able to ... I hope the ruling will lead to changes in the way we vote

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Whatever you say Mr. Bipartisan above it all.

It was tongue in cheek but, its a fact each side has groups they cater too.

Some cater to the low income, mostly uneducated constituency with silly scare tactics and some cater to organized groups who feel that morality is at stake with silly scare tactics.

It's 21st century politics. "Its not about my merits; it's about how the other guys going to really screw you unless you elect me".

Sad really.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

What do you have to say when pols from BOTH sides of the aisle vow to reinstate Sec 4?

Can't wait for this baloney.

lmao Politicians always say "we will act" but, they rarely do.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

[QUOTE]

I thought you got the point Sis?  Only section IV is affected.  No more singling out states based on 50 year old criteria.  Congress can still update the criteria.  So when NO democrats try to, I'm sure you'll blame them too right?  That would be right about now.  Have at it.

Oooopsie, the list is getting longer;

Cantor Wants To Discuss VRA With Civil Rights Hero John Lewis

"I look forward to having some discussions," Cantor said in an interview with Yahoo! News. "I intend to talk to John Lewis about his thoughts on this matter. I think that you could probably say for both sides of the political aisle--no matter where you come from regionally--that very sacred right to vote is in the underpinning of this country."

[/QUOTE]

ACC,

Cantor and Lewis. Now there is a visual.

Lewis who walked in Selma. Lewis who knows 1st hand why VRA was needed and was gutted this week by SCOTUS.

Cantor with an obvious PR move. Lewis a Civil Rights hero. Cantor a fill in the blank.

Yes the sacred right to vote is in the inderpinning of our country. But...and this is a very big but, the ability to vote did not and does not happen by magic.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Well I'm not sure whether it would fly, but I'd like a completely different system: computer-randomized districts, redrawn every six or eight years.

Don't let politicians have any say in it. Force representatives to constantly serve a different set of constitutents.

In other words: reduce incentives for pork in the House.

Good idea.  But, it will never happen.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

Thats just BS.  The only part of VRA effected is Section 4, which singles out some states and counties.  If you buy that thats voting rights for all Americans, I got this bridge.  It doesn't effect voting rights for ANY Americans.

[/QUOTE]

nice self-portrait.

I definitely find you amusing.  But, sad to say, I'm not laughing with you, I'm laughing at you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to chiefhowie's comment:

Your Choice

Peoples republic of America 

United states of America 

Right now we are leaning to PROA

chiefhowie,

Despite many of us taking issue with certain SCOTUS rulings etc., the posters of the forum seem to be of one mind with that the US is our country and we are all proud to be Americans....with one glaring exception among the posters. In the civil rights/Nam era they often told people like that, if you do not like it here, get out. Go home, go anywhere else. Here, in the forums, for several reasons which vary per poster, he is engaged, kicked around, etc..  BDC has suspended him (twice) as well as deactivated one of his accounts...but we have not ignored him or told him to go away. The political forums are but a tiny microcasm of America. However our ability to do what we do here without fear is part of what the US symbolizes.

Democracy may not be perfect but show me a better system of governance. The US is not perfect country but show me a "better" country.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

nice self-portrait.

I definitely find you amusing.  But, sad to say, I'm not laughing with you, I'm laughing at you.

That isn't a very Christian thing to say to one of God's Children

Sections
Shortcuts