Second Night Of Unrest In Missouri Town Following Michael Brown Shooting By Police

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Second Night Of Unrest In Missouri Town Following Michael Brown Shooting By Police

This is exactly how one should react when someone gets killed by a police officer. Makes perfect sense (sarcasm off). Anyone acting like this is a piece of excrement!

Aren't we supposed to let the legal system sort this out? Do the innocent store owners deserve to get their businesses destroyed? This always seems to be the reaction when something bad happens...wonder why that is???

For the record...if the cop did in fact shoot this kid without provocation then he too is a piece of excrement and deserve the full penalty of law.

FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) — Authorities in a St. Louis suburb where an unarmed black teen was fatally shot by police have used tear gas and rubber bullets to try to disperse a large crowd.

Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson says a group gathered throughout the day Monday at a burned-out convenience store turned rowdy at nightfall.

Jackson said members of the crowd threw rocks at police and gunfire came from the crowd. He says officers used tear gas and by shot "beanbag rounds" meant to stun them.

An Associated Press photographer said police were telling people to go home, but authorities had blocked exit streets off.

Looting and unrest had broken out Sunday following a vigil for 18-year-old Michael Brown, who police said was shot multiple times Saturday after being confronted by an officer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/11/michael-brown-shooting-unrest_n_5670377.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/11/michael-brown-shooting-unrest_n_5670377.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Re: Second Night Of Unrest In Missouri Town Following Michael Brown Shooting By Police

Too many people make a living off of inciting this type behavior to make it stop. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Re: Second Night Of Unrest In Missouri Town Following Michael Brown Shooting By Police

Looting and rioting is obviously not the right reaction, and many have come out against it....including the victim's family and local community leaders.

This incident happened in broad daylight with witnesses and plenty of physical evidence.  The truth will get out.  If the witness account below is accurate, then this cop should end up in jail.

--------------------

Witness Dorian Johnson's account of the incident:

About 20 minutes before the shooting, Johnson said he saw Brown walking down the street and decided to catch up with him. The two walked and talked. That’s when Johnson says they saw the police car rolling up to them.

The officer demanded that the two “get the f—k on the sidewalk,” Johnson says. “His exact words were get the f—k on the sidewalk.”

After telling the officer that they were almost at their destination, Johnson’s house, the two continued walking. But as they did, Johnson says the officer slammed his brakes and threw his truck in reverse, nearly hitting them.

Now, in line with the officer’s driver’s side door, they could see the officer’s face. They heard him say something to the effect of, “what’d you say?” At the same time, Johnson says the officer attempted to thrust his door open but the door slammed into Brown and bounced closed. Johnson says the officer, with his left hand, grabbed Brown by the neck.

“I could see the muscles in his forearm,” Johnson said. “Mike was trying to get away from being choked.”

“They’re not wrestling so much as his arm went from his throat to now clenched on his shirt,” Johnson explained of the scene between Brown and the officer. “It’s like tug of war. He’s trying to pull him in. He’s pulling away, that’s when I heard, ‘I’m gonna shoot you.’”

At that moment, Johnson says he fixed his gaze on the officer to see if he was pulling a stun gun or a real gun. That’s when he saw the muzzle of the officer’s gun.

“I seen the barrel of the gun pointed at my friend,” he said. “He had it pointed at him and said ‘I’ll shoot,’ one more time.”

A second later Johnson said he heard the first shot go off.

“I seen the fire come out of the barrell,” he said. “I could see so vividly what was going on because I was so close.”

Johnson says he was within arm’s reach of both Brown and the officer. He looked over at Brown and saw blood pooling through his shirt on the right side of the body.

“The whole time [the officer] was holding my friend until the gun went off,” Johnson noted.

Brown and Johnson took off running together. There were three cars lined up along the side of the street. Johnson says he ducked behind the first car, whose two passengers were screaming. Crouching down a bit, he watched Brown run past.

“Keep running, bro!,” he said Brown yelled. Then Brown yelled it a second time. Those would be the last words Johnson’s friend, “Big Mike,” would ever say to him.

Brown made it past the third car. Then, “blam!” the officer took his second shot, striking Brown in the back. At that point, Johnson says Brown stopped, turned with his hands up and said “I don’t have a gun, stop shooting!”

By that point, Johnson says the officer and Brown were face-to-face. The officer then fired several more shots. Johnson described watching Brown go from standing with his hands up to crumbling to the ground and curling into a fetal position.

“After seeing my friend get gunned down, my body just ran,” he said. He ran to his apartment nearby. Out of breath, shocked and afraid, Johnson says he went into the bathroom and vomited. Then he checked to make sure that he hadn’t also been shot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Looting and rioting is obviously not the right reaction

Yet it seems to be a common thing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess that depends on your definition of 'common'.

In case you're inferring that this is strictly a black reaction to police violence in poor neighborhoods, i'd remind you that the same kind of looting and rioting also happens in cities after certain sporting events......by stupid white kids.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

Ya, maybe if these people armed themselves they could confront the tyranny of gov't properly ... ala the Bundy lovefest.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In case you're inferring that this is strictly a black reaction to police violence in poor neighborhoods, i'd remind you that the same kind of looting and rioting also happens in cities after certain sporting events......by stupid white kids.

[/QUOTE]

I don't recall looting and buildings being burned to the ground being a common thing during sporting event riots. I recall flipping cars and vandalism as being common, which is also moronic. Of course during one of those riots a woman died as a result of a pepper ball hitting her in the eye. Did people riot and loot because of that???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In response to WhatOathOfOffice's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Since the dawn of history the Negro has owned the continent of Africa – rich beyond the dream of poet’s fancy, crunching acres of diamonds beneath his bare black feet and yet he never picked one up from the dust until a white man showed to him its glittering light.
    His land swarmed with powerful and docile animals, yet he never dreamed a harness, cart, or sled.
    A hunter by necessity, he never made an axe, spear, or arrowhead worth preserving beyond the moment of its use. He lived as an ox, content to graze for an hour.
    In a land of stone and timber he never sawed a foot of lumber, carved a block, or built a house save of broken sticks and mud.
    With league on league of ocean strand and miles of inland seas, for four thousand years he watched their surface ripple under the wind, heard the thunder of the surf on his beach, the howl of the storm over his head, gazed on the dim blue horizon calling him to worlds that lie beyond, and yet he never dreamed a sail.”

--Charles Darwin

[/QUOTE]

That's a bunch of BS. There have been some amazing civilizations that have risen and fallen in Africa, all without any help from Europeans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

"Since the dawn of history the Negro has owned the continent of Africa – rich beyond the dream of poet’s fancy, crunching acres of diamonds beneath his bare black feet and yet he never picked one up from the dust until a white man showed to him its glittering light.
    His land swarmed with powerful and docile animals, yet he never dreamed a harness, cart, or sled.
    A hunter by necessity, he never made an axe, spear, or arrowhead worth preserving beyond the moment of its use. He lived as an ox, content to graze for an hour.
    In a land of stone and timber he never sawed a foot of lumber, carved a block, or built a house save of broken sticks and mud.
    With league on league of ocean strand and miles of inland seas, for four thousand years he watched their surface ripple under the wind, heard the thunder of the surf on his beach, the howl of the storm over his head, gazed on the dim blue horizon calling him to worlds that lie beyond, and yet he never dreamed a sail.”

--Charles Darwin

[/QUOTE]

Your point?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

--Charles Darwin

Why is it that racists are the biggest cowards ... trying to attribute their hatred to people who never said it ... trying to give their twisted view some legitimacy where none exists.

These words came from the book "The Clansman: An Historical Romance of the Ku Klux Klan" written by Thomas F. Dixon Jr.

http://www.freefictionbooks.org/books/c/11773-the-clansman-by-thomas-dixon?start=133 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

Too many people make a living off of inciting this type behavior to make it stop.

Who is really doing the inciting here?

I don't defend the behavior, but has it occurred to you when you've grown up watching yourself, your friends, and your families get harassed, beaten, and generally mistrated by cops......

...then maybe people get set off when a cop straight up murders one of your own.

Does it excuse smashing up businesses who had nothing to do with it? No. But don't tell me you cannot fathom where this anger is coming from.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

I don't recall looting and buildings being burned to the ground being a common thing during sporting event riots. I recall flipping cars and vandalism as being common, which is also moronic. Of course during one of those riots a woman died as a result of a pepper ball hitting her in the eye. Did people riot and loot because of that???

No, but then, middle class white people aren't regularly abused by cops, so they tend to just not "get" why reaction might be different when a cop guns down a black kid.

In fact, many middle class white people don't even believe that cops do harass minorities, or if they do, they think it's only a very few bad apples while everyone else on the force is a good guy. There's more than just a few bad apples; there are also a whole lot of cops who think they are doing the right thing, and therefore play fast and loose with the law. Of course, they won't tell you those stories at a BBQ.

So yeah...    there tends to be a different reaction when it's a female college student (was she white?) who apparently gets accidentally killed because it (1) is a completely different situation from this witness's account, (2) and happened in a completely different historical context.

So again: No, indiscriminate rioting isn't OK. But one can see how it happens if one looks fairly at what goes on in a poor minority community day to day.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:

[QUOTE] I don't recall looting and buildings being burned to the ground being a common thing during sporting event riots. I recall flipping cars and vandalism as being common, which is also moronic. Of course during one of those riots a woman died as a result of a pepper ball hitting her in the eye. Did people riot and loot because of that???

No, but then, middle class white people aren't regularly abused by cops, so they tend to just not "get" why reaction might be different when a cop guns down a black kid.

In fact, many middle class white people don't even believe that cops do harass minorities, or if they do, they think it's only a very few bad apples while everyone else on the force is a good guy. There's more than just a few bad apples; there are also a whole lot of cops who think they are doing the right thing, and therefore play fast and loose with the law. Of course, they won't tell you those stories at a BBQ.

So yeah...    there tends to be a different reaction when it's a white woman who apparently gets accidentally killed because it (1) is a completely different situation from this witness's account, (2) and happened in a completely different historical context.

So again: No, indiscriminate rioting isn't OK. But one can see how it happens if one looks fairly at what goes on in a poor minority community day to day.

[/QUOTE]

I don't give a f what has gone on. Many people have had struggles and don't resort to rioting and looting. Black people weren't the only people to be mistreated in this world. I dunno...when I'm wronged by someone I actually go after that someone....not someone else. If you wrong me, I don't then turn around and destroy someone else's property. How about acting like humans?!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

[QUOTE]Too many people make a living off of inciting this type behavior to make it stop.[/QUOTE]

Who is really doing the inciting here?

I don't defend the behavior, but has it occurred to you when you've grown up watching yourself, your friends, and your families get harassed, beaten, and generally mistrated by cops......

...then maybe people get set off when a cop straight up murders one of your own.

Does it excuse smashing up businesses who had nothing to do with it? No. But don't tell me you cannot fathom where this anger is coming from.

[/QUOTE]

Where does this anger come from? Certainly no place considered sane.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Google:  Vancouver Stanley Cup Riot, then click on 'images'

Its 100 times worse than what is going on in Missouri now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Google:  Vancouver Stanley Cup Riot, then click on 'images'

Its 100 times worse than what is going on in Missouri now.

[/QUOTE]

I don't care what goes on in other countries. That has nothing to do with the US.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to ronreganfan's comment:
    [QUOTE] Where does this anger come from? Certainly no place considered sane. [/QUOTE]

From here: when you've grown up watching yourself, your friends, and your families get harassed, beaten, and generally mistrated by cops......and of course sometimes gunned down for no good reason.

You're right. It isn't "sane" that cops do this, but they do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

I don't give a f what has gone on. Many people have had struggles and don't resort to rioting and looting. Black people weren't the only people to be mistreated in this world. I dunno...when I'm wronged by someone I actually go after that someone....not someone else. If you wrong me, I don't then turn around and destroy someone else's property. How about acting like humans?!

Right. I don't think it's OK.

But, I can understand where the atmosphere of resentment is coming from.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]I don't give a f what has gone on. Many people have had struggles and don't resort to rioting and looting. Black people weren't the only people to be mistreated in this world. I dunno...when I'm wronged by someone I actually go after that someone....not someone else. If you wrong me, I don't then turn around and destroy someone else's property. How about acting like humans?![/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Resentment, sure. Rioting and looting, no. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] Where does this anger come from? Certainly no place considered sane. [/QUOTE]

From here: when you've grown up watching yourself, your friends, and your families get harassed, beaten, and generally mistrated by cops......and of course sometimes gunned down for no good reason.

[/QUOTE]

No kidding. Nor is messing up your own neighborhood. Completely irrational.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They do....but certainly not to the level some would like others to believe

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]I don't give a f what has gone on. Many people have had struggles and don't resort to rioting and looting. Black people weren't the only people to be mistreated in this world. I dunno...when I'm wronged by someone I actually go after that someone....not someone else. If you wrong me, I don't then turn around and destroy someone else's property. How about acting like humans?![/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not completely sure that's legitimate. Plenty of people live in tough situations and don't destroy and loot their own neighborhoods.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

[]

[]I don't give a f what has gone on. Many people have had struggles and don't resort to rioting and looting. Black people weren't the only people to be mistreated in this world. I dunno...when I'm wronged by someone I actually go after that someone....not someone else. If you wrong me, I don't then turn around and destroy someone else's property. How about acting like humans?![]

[]

I'm not completely sure that's legitimate. Plenty of people live in tough situations and don't destroy and loot their own neighborhoods.

Can you read or did you just want a reaction?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[]

[]I don't give a f what has gone on. Many people have had struggles and don't resort to rioting and looting. Black people weren't the only people to be mistreated in this world. I dunno...when I'm wronged by someone I actually go after that someone....not someone else. If you wrong me, I don't then turn around and destroy someone else's property. How about acting like humans?![]

[]

[/QUOTE]

Can you read or did you just want a reaction?

[/QUOTE]

He didn't say he thought you were ok with it. He was clearly referring to the atmosphere of resentment issue

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

White folks kill a few people and are acquited due to 'affluenza'  ... or an irrational fear of skittles.

Unarmed blacks never get their day in court ... they die suddenly ... from 'lead poisoning'.

Ya, why would anyone hold any resentment ....       

Sections
Shortcuts