Senate Democrats finally propose budget: $1 trillion in new taxes, doesn't balance budget

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Senate Democrats finally propose budget: $1 trillion in new taxes, doesn't balance budget

Dont know why we harassed the Senate Democrats for refusing to propose a budget for 4 years.....with this joke of a budget, we can gladly wait at least 4 more years for these progressive geniuses to do it again.

Another liberal "balanced" approach.

Let’s pull up the scorecard and see what we can find:

The $975 billion in alleged "spending cuts" include $240 billion in savings from the end of the Afghanistan war and $242 billion in reduced interest payments, according to a source.

Remember, that’s $975,000,000,000 in “cuts” over the next ten years, or roughly the size of just this year’s totally real new debt. But now let’s look at the two biggest items, war and interest payments.

The savings from the Afghanistan War assume we were going to fight there indefinitely, even though the commander-in-chief (remember him?) said we’d be out in 2014. That’s like saying, “I’m going to spend 242 dollars on this new stereo I’ve had my eye on.” But then changing your mind and claiming that you’d saved $242. I can save us five trillion dollars right now, immediately, by promising to terraform and colonize each of Jupiter’s moons with clones of Hugh Grant, then canceling the program due to “extreme silliness.”

Then there’s the $240,000,000,000 in reduced interest payments on the existing debt. The only proper response to that is “HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,” followed by wiping away tears of pure blood. Interest payments will go nowhere but up, especially if Rosy Scenario somehow comes through with her promise of future robust growth.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Senate Democrats finally propose budget: $1 trillion in new taxes, doesn't balance budget

This thing has circles all over it where the Democrats have been touching it with ten foot poles.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Re: Senate Democrats finally propose budget: $1 trillion in new taxes, doesn't balance budget

none of it matters...our debt is too big and obama et al have neither the will, nor the experience to responsibly manage the nation and turn things around.....17 trillion in debt by year end.....without interest....my kids deserve better....when it all collapses it's going to be interesting...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Dont know why we harassed the Senate Democrats for refusing to propose a budget for 4 years.....with this joke of a budget, we can gladly wait at least 4 more years for these progressive geniuses to do it again.

The $975 billion in alleged "spending cuts" include $240 billion in savings from the end of the Afghanistan war and $242 billion in reduced interest payments, according to a source.

Remember, that’s $975,000,000,000 in “cuts” over the next ten years, or roughly the size of just this year’s totally real new debt. But now let’s look at the two biggest items, war and interest payments.

The savings from the Afghanistan War assume we were going to fight there indefinitely, even though the commander-in-chief (remember him?) said we’d be out in 2014. That’s like saying, “I’m going to spend 242 dollars on this new stereo I’ve had my eye on.” But then changing your mind and claiming that you’d saved $242. I can save us five trillion dollars right now, immediately, by promising to terraform and colonize each of Jupiter’s moons with clones of Hugh Grant, then canceling the program due to “extreme silliness.”

Then there’s the $240,000,000,000 in reduced interest payments on the existing debt. The only proper response to that is “HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,” followed by wiping away tears of pure blood. Interest payments will go nowhere but up, especially if Rosy Scenario somehow comes through with her promise of future robust growth.

Your analogy is flawed - the proper analogy would be you've subscribed to the stereo of the month club, and you spend $242 every month and get a new stereo in the mail.  You've decided you don't need a new stereo every month, so you're going to cancel your subscription.

You see the difference?  In your scenario, you decided not to spend money on something.  In my scenario, you stopped spending money on something, and therefore have saved money.  If you were paying for those stereos with your Discover card, then you have also saved yourself quite a bit in interest charges.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Your analogy is flawed - the proper analogy would be you've subscribed to the stereo of the month club, and you spend $242 every month and get a new stereo in the mail.  You've decided you don't need a new stereo every month, so you're going to cancel your subscription.

You see the difference?  In your scenario, you decided not to spend money on something.  In my scenario, you stopped spending money on something, and therefore have saved money.  If you were paying for those stereos with your Discover card, then you have also saved yourself quite a bit in interest charges.

"You stopped spending money on something"...Your analogy is way off. "Savings" budget-wise are reasonably considered foregoing PLANNED spending. 

We "stopped spending money on something", specifically the Pony Express, circa 1900. Do we still consider this "savings"each year, a century later?

So, you think the savings (real or imagined) from withdrawal from Afghanistan should be in the budget ten years? Why stop there..how about twenty years?

It is sophistry, pure and simple.

The difference you delude yourself into believing wont mean squadoosh when the Obama massive spending and deficits further destroys the US private economy.

Sections
Shortcuts