Senate primary discussion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Senate primary discussion

The primary election for Ted Kennedy's seat is upon us. Who do you think is going to win? Who are you pulling for? Are you going to vote? Talk about the race, Election Day, and any other issues in this thread.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma82. Show scauma82's posts

Re: Senate primary discussion

coakley, kazhei, no, i predict less than 50% voter turn out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from peteraj. Show peteraj's posts

I'm a Capuano supporter - and I think the low turnout will help Capuano.  What strikes me is the extent to which the Globe and all other major media have NOT covered this Senate race compared to other political contests.  It's Ted Kennedy's seat, after all.   I don't think anyone knows what's going on with this election.  The Globe didn't even run its usual poll results in the days before such a big election.  Why is that? 
    It seems that no matter who wins this, it will be more about organization or name recognition than issues or campaign dynamics.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from krodamai. Show krodamai's posts

win: Capuano/Brown
    pull: Capuano
    I voted this morning and it was very quiet. I think Capuano's ground operation will pull out the win. Brown will win because Republicans won't vote for a socially-liberal candidate, at least not for the foreseeable future. Plus, both of these candidates have legislative experience, unlike all the other candidates. Pragmatism will win out in this one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from admglick. Show admglick's posts

I had a really hard time deciding between Coakley, Capuano and Khazi.  I can think of good reasons to vote for all of them and feel like they all share my values.  I admire Khazi's vision and values, I very much respect Capuano's votes against the Patriot Act, the war and his ability to be a strong clear and consistent liberal, but I ended up voting for Coakley in the end because I see her as a strong and clear liberal who is clear about how she thinks, does not compromise, but does not immediately risk turning people off and furthering divisions like Capuano might.  I would also like more women in politics and think that having more women could bring a needed perspective.  I have a sinking feeling that Capuano is going to take it, with Coakley and Khazi a close 2 and 3, with Palliugca a distant 4th.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Senate primary discussion:
    The primary election for Ted Kennedy's seat is upon us. Who do you think is going to win? Who are you pulling for? Are you going to vote? Talk about the race, Election Day, and any other issues in this thread.
    Posted by BostonDotCom

God help us if any of them win (yes that means whomever wins we are scr@wed!). Anyone who doesn't vote for Jack Robinson is a racist so I am voting for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from krodamai. Show krodamai's posts

In Response to Re: Senate primary discussion:
    [QUOTE]Anyone who doesn't vote for Jack Robinson is a racist so I am voting for him.
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

Or possibly a registered Democrat who can't take the Republican ballot in the primary.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

In honor of Teddy.. we should vote for the candidate who is the most over weight and the best drunk. A covered up road kill conviction would seal it for me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: Senate primary discussion : Or possibly a registered Democrat who can't take the Republican ballot in the primary.
    Posted by krodamai

In the 2008 election we learned that anyone who doesn't vote for the black candidate is racist. Period. There could/can't be any other reason!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from David178. Show David178's posts

Massachusetts is destined to send another knucklehead to Congress! What choice do we have this time around anyhow?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Barnstormer. Show Barnstormer's posts

I didn't like any of the candidates. Khazei came the closest since he's less "buyable" than the others, but he has little or no experience in government.

So I kept my promise to "vote for Ted until I'm dead" and wrote in Edward M. Kennedy. His bones would make a better Senator than any of the jokers on the ballot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

Anyone but Coakley. She looked the other way with the whole DiMasi debacle. She gets the big sign on the SE Expressway because she kowtows to union interests (SEIU), plus she beleieves in taxpayer funded abortions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Color me nonplussed.

I see that "American values" is in the running for "obscure voting excuse of the day", eh, howie??  Really??!  Are there Polish values??  Yemeni values??  Tongan values??

Coakley is a good litigator, but Capuano already knows the ropes in D.C. and can exert more influence quicker - valuable for such a short term.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

You missed... basic human moral values... something void in all candidates.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from paradisevalley. Show paradisevalley's posts

When are you going to fix your map boston.com??!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonD. Show BostonD's posts

When are you going to fix your map boston.com??!!
    Posted by paradisevalley
    Yeah, the map I see has Capuano and Coakley flipped. What's that about?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

[QUOTE]coakley, kazhei, no, i predict less than 50% voter turn out.
    Posted by scauma82[/QUOTE]

I guess you win the Crystal Ball Award!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Senate primary discussion :  I voted did you? Yep Capuano knows how to get more lobyist. I sorry you don't know about American values. I found out the Mass values quick, when I came here."scr-w them before they Scr-w you" and I got the one finger salute too boot.  Just for You, American values  "Family", "Ethics" and help your neighbor. I hope you start practicing them.
    Posted by chiefhowie[/QUOTE]

Those are not values, much less "American" ones  Do you have something genuine to say on the subject, or are you just spitting out talking points?  Try again.

And in the meantime, I hope you start practicing critical thought.