Re: Sensible Gun Control
posted at 1/11/2013 4:03 PM EST
In response to UserName99's comment:
Look to Canada:
- Prohibits the domestic manufacture of 19 different types of assault weapons, and the importation of foreign-made assault weapons.
- Requires a gun safety training course before you can apply for a license to own.
- limits magazine capacity to 10 in a handgun, 5 in a rifle, 3 in a shotgun.
- Register all handguns and track transfer of ownership
- Requires a five-day waiting period for the purchase of handguns
CA has a ten day waiting period for purchasing guns, prohibits sale of assault weapons, prohibits sale of magazine capacity greater than ten, requires registration of all handguns and yet there have been eight mass shootings in CA
The assault ban from 1994-2004 also didn't stop mass shootings with assault weapons from happening
I'm not against registering of handguns like is done in MA and CA to name two, but how is that going to stop mass shootings?
how is a five day waiting period going to stop mass shootings?
Have all the gun control laws you want....mass shootings will still continue. You're fooling yourself if you think otherwise.
Clearly the difference between Canada and US is a cultural thing. It's not like there is a shortage of guns in Canada.