Sensible Gun Control

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Re: Sensible Gun Control

I agree with the libbys on some of this stuff.  A private transfer and ANY purchase of a firearm should be performed by a licensed dealer and require a criminal background check.  Including gun shows.  If gun shows can't perform backgrounds and follow fed guidelines they shouldnt exist.

Clip size, AR's...leave them alone.  More people were murdered by hammers and blunt instruments last year than by rifles...FBI statistics.

I understand the recent anger and emotion but taking it out on law abiding citizens who DON'T commit mass murder or have a mental problem doesn't make sense.

It's like banning cars for all because of the drunk driving of a few.  It's like keeping thin healthy people from drinking Pepsi because fat people drink 4 a day with a gallon of ice cream and a pizza. 

Guns aren't the problem, people are the problem.  We need more birth control......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Can we please stop calling it "gun control"?  Because it's really not.

I don't want to control guns.  I want guns and gun ownership limited to people who can operate them in a safe and prudent manner.

"Gun safety" is far better...it addresses the concerns better and might actually be achievable.

Limiting types of weapons is gun control.

Licensing requirements such as background checks to keep guns from those who shouldn't have them is smart policy.

Licensing requirement to take a course and be certified for a weapon is gun safety

I had my 2 day basic pistol course last year and I'm currently deciding on which Sig Sauer 22 pistol to puchase the 226 or 229 in either the 15 or 20 round magazine with the the 9mm caliber x-change kit.  I guess I'm going to have to order soon.

get the 226...in high capacity...good luck finding ammo!!!!! 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

In response to macnh1's comment:

...another day has gone by and none of my high capacity ammo clips have caused any harm....

Another day gone by and my nuclear weapon has caused no harm...

You have a nuclear weapon do you????

Anything goes if it does not cause harm in and of itself.  Anything goes in silly land.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Look to Canada?

Canada has no Second Amendment.

Are you suggesting we should repeal the 2d Amendment?

Yes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

In response to UserName99's comment:

No.  For better or worse, the debate over whether there is a right to bear arms is over - the Supreme Court has ruled that there is such a right and there is no reasonable chance that such right will be rescinded in the foreseeable future.

Doesn't mean we can't have reasonable rules and restrictions though.

I think we have "reasonable rules and restrictions". Background checks are required, no fully automatic weapons are allowed and no armor piercing rounds!

That's sensible!

A huge percentage of guns are sold with no background checks.  Kids don't wear armor.  And since fully automatic weapons are banned, then I guess banning assault rifles won;t violate the 2nd Amendment.

Background checks for all before the purchase of a gun.  Only licensed gun dealers can sell a weapon.  If you want to sell your gun, it has to be to a licensed gun dealer.

Magazines can't hold more than 10 rounds.

No assault rifles.

The alternative - ban all weapons.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Look to Canada?

Canada has no Second Amendment.

Are you suggesting we should repeal the 2d Amendment?

Yes.

Well, at least you are honest.  your views are really out there, but you are honest. Getting rid of the 2nd is critical to what, exactly?  What is accomplished by repealing the 2nd amendment, other than giving liberals this euphoric sense of having done something stupid?

I suppose you want to repeal the other amendments as well?  The 5th, the 4th, maybe the 1st?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts