SEPT 11 MEMORIAL MUSEUM AT GROUND ZERO PREPARES FOR OPENING ON THURSDAY

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Re: SEPT 11 MEMORIAL MUSEUM AT GROUND ZERO PREPARES FOR OPENING ON THURSDAY

Selling souvenir t-shirts seems tacky to me.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Does the OP really have to have all that dead space??? Christ....pull your head out of your...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does the OP really have to have all that dead space??? Christ....pull your head out of your...

[/QUOTE]

Classy. Do you have anything valuable to say regarding the topic?

[/QUOTE]

You mean like Username did??? Hypocrisy at its best

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

They have got to do something about the "white sea."

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I went to the memorial in OKC of the bombing of the federal building.  I couldn't stay.  The saddest place I've ever been to.  The negative vibe was overpowering.  They should have covered the whole area with dirt and turned it into a park.  And then create a memorial away for the site celebrating the lives of the people who died that day.  It was gut wrenching to be there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I went to the memorial in OKC of the bombing of the federal building.  I couldn't stay.  The saddest place I've ever been to.  The negative vibe was overpowering.  They should have covered the whole area with dirt and turned it into a park.  And then create a memorial away for the site celebrating the lives of the people who died that day.  It was gut wrenching to be there.

[/QUOTE]

Do you remember if they sold commemerative t shirts, bobble head dolls, or snow globes at the OKC site?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Next time I'm in NY I plan on attending.

It was a very traumatic day, I had family members traveling out of Logan that morning and I remember being on my way to a meeting in Boston when I received a call from a colleague telling me to tune into the radio just before plane two hit the second tower.  At noon the city was empty as an F14 flew low in the empty sky.  My second most striking memory is a few years later when I traveled from Newark to the temporary WTC station, the train came through the Hudson River Tunnel and emerged into the edge WTC pit illuminated with construction lights in the early evening, very surreal. 

...the man who really counts in the world is the doer,...  TR 1891

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you remember if they sold commemerative t shirts, bobble head dolls, or snow globes at the OKC site?

[/QUOTE]

No - no gift shop.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It was a very traumatic day, I had family members traveling out of Logan that morning and I remember being on my way to a meeting in Boston when I received a call from a colleague telling me to tune into the radio just before plane two hit the second tower.  At noon the city was empty as an F14 flew low in the empty sky.  My second most striking memory is a few years later when I traveled from Newark to the temporary WTC station, the train came through the Hudson River Tunnel and emerged into the edge WTC pit illuminated with construction lights in the early evening, very surreal. 

[/QUOTE]

When the constrution is done, it won't be so sureal and the reality of what happened will set in.  I've seen disasters that overwhelmed the senses - I saw the results of a huge tornado and was anticipating feeling sad but the level of destruction was awe inspiring (of course, that was done by nature). 

I think memorializing sites of great evil seems morbid.  It's like we are honoring the deed.  I can see "not wanting to forget", but that means remembering the ugliness and evil.  The WWII concentration camps that have been memorialized in Europe strike me as being there as punishment to force people to see what they did.

We have a Lincoln memorial in DC that celebrates his life.  We didn't put it on the site where he was assasinated.  They didn't turn the road and book depository in Dallas into a memorial for JFK.

It's as if purple heart recipients have to wear their ribbon over their scar.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When the constrution is done, it won't be so sureal and the reality of what happened will set in.  I've seen disasters that overwhelmed the senses - I saw the results of a huge tornado and was anticipating feeling sad but the level of destruction was awe inspiring (of course, that was done by nature). 

I think memorializing sites of great evil seems morbid.  It's like we are honoring the deed.  I can see "not wanting to forget", but that means remembering the ugliness and evil.  The WWII concentration camps that have been memorialized in Europe strike me as being there as punishment to force people to see what they did.

We have a Lincoln memorial in DC that celebrates his life.  We didn't put it on the site where he was assasinated.  They didn't turn the road and book depository in Dallas into a memorial for JFK.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I understand your point, as I've always been perplexed by the instant roadside shrines set up for traffic accidents.  But the 911 event is this era's Pearl Harbor and although I never visited Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial over the sunken hunk along battle ship row, I've been told it is very moving.  I see the 911 WTC Memorial in that same light.  Those closest to the attack may have a very hard time with it while others may find some strong sense of peace.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I understand your point, as I've always been perplexed by the instant roadside shrines set up for traffic accidents.  But the 911 event is this era's Pearl Harbor and although I never visited Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial over the sunken hunk along battle ship row, I've been told it is very moving.  I see the 911 WTC Memorial in that same light.  Those closest to the attack may have a very hard time with it while others may find some strong sense of peace.

[/QUOTE]

It will be moving.  If it's anything like OKC, you will feel the evil of the deed and the sorrow that followed.  Maybe its different at WTC because no little kids were killed.  But I can't imagine ever going there.  Just thinking about the people who were trapped and the fear and terror as the flames came towards them.  I remember watching the first tower collapse and thinking about all of the firemen in the building.  I looked around at others watching the scene unfold and I couldn't tell if they were numb or if they just weren't comprehending what happened. 

There was this episode of the Original Star Trek when Spock got this cosmic shock of emotion when a Vulcan ship was destroyed.  I keep thinking the same type of thing happened on 9/11 and the cosmic emotion is still at the site.  Or the ghosts of the people who haven't been identified still wander the area.

I can't even watch video of the event.  It took me years before I could stand to see Tim McVeigh image on TV. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

It's real simple. Don't buy any souvenirs and the store will go away and message will have been sent and received. Time will tell if we the people really are disgusted by this or not....

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

just like norman finkelstein explained in his book "the holocaust industry", the event of 9/11 (not Chile, but America) is being milked and exploited for profit. the WTC buildings were owned by an Israeli (Larry Silverstein), they were knocked down by Israel (Mossad), and guess who was hired to to design the museum?...that's right, an israeli (Michael Harad). 

it's an israeli celebration!!! well done israel!! you fooled us!!

[/QUOTE]

Wow, that was 'interesting'.

Went right of the deep end with that one.

See ya in the funny papers spanky.

24. This post has been removed.