September 11, 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

September 11, 2012

“Make no mistake, we will bring justice to the killers who attacked our people.” 

-- Barack Hussein Obama    

“What difference at this point does it make?”

-- Hillary Rodham Clinton

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Re: September 11, 2012

“With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night decided to go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make?” Clinton asked the Republican Senator. “It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again.”

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

“With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night decided to go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make?” Clinton asked the Republican Senator. “It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again.”

IT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE!! Especially since some knew immediately that it was not about a video or "guys out for a walk that decided top kill Americans" it was a coordinated attack by military trained terrorist that murdered our citizens!

HUGE F-IN DIFFERENCE!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

What difference does it make?

OK, the Obama Administration LIED about the Benghazi attack. Now we are supposed to believe these jacka55es when they tell us that we are threatened by Syria having used chemical weapons?

Why don't they just have Colin Powell do the presentation of their "proof"?

What is wrong with you people? Why do you trust anything from these people?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Okay, so lets try again, because apparently you people think the hearing where that quote was uttered was 30 seconds long and Hillary Clinton just threw her hands up in the air because she couldn't be bothered to care about those who died.

Johnson: But, Madame Secretary, do you disagree with me that a simple phone call to those evacuees to determine what happened wouldn’t have ascertained immediately that there was no protest? That was a piece of information that could have been easily, easily obtained?

Clinton: But, Senator, again—

Johnson: Within hours, if not days?

Clinton: Senator, you know, when you’re in these positions, the last thing you want to do is interfere with any other process going on, number one—

Johnson: I realize that’s a good excuse.

Clinton: Well, no, it’s the fact. Number two, I would recommend highly you read both what the ARB said about it and the classified ARB because, even today, there are questions being raised. Now, we have no doubt they were terrorists, they were militants, they attacked us, they killed our people. But what was going on and why they were doing what they were doing is still unknown --

Johnson: No, again, we were misled that there were supposedly protests and that something sprang out of that -- an assault sprang out of that -- and that was easily ascertained that that was not the fact, and the American people could have known that within days and they didn’t know that.

Clinton: With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this, but the fact is that people were trying in real time to get to the best information. The IC has a process, I understand, going with the other committees to explain how these talking points came out. But you know, to be clear, it is, from my perspective, less important today looking backwards as to why these militants decided they did it than to find them and bring them to justice, and then maybe we’ll figure out what was going on in the meantime.

Johnson: OK. Thank you, Madame Secretary.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[/QUOTE]

IT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE AT THAT POINT!

The American people need the truth about what happened when it involves Americans being murdered!

The "the last thing you want to do is interfere with the process going on there" comment is outrageous!

So, we didnt want to interfere with the process the attackers were taking to destroy our property and kill our people!?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In her comments she clearly noted that terrorists carried out the attack, regardless of the confusion in the hours and days after the attack and questions surrounding whether the video had anything to do with it or not, the government concluded that it was a terror attack.  This is why she dismissed the Senators question because she recongnized it for what it was - a brazenly political 'gotcha'.  Now conservatives can barely contain their glee at the tremendous 'get' Clinton handed them- i.e. a soundbite they hope to rehash should Clinton run for the Presidency in 2016.  Bad information is common in the immideiate aftermath of crisis situations, because no one is taking the time to vet comments, or statements are made that should be held back until more facts are known, for instance, Susan Rice's comments to Sunday news programs.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make

Damain,

So you agree with HRC that the motivations of the killers doesn't matter?

[QUOTE]“Make no mistake, we will bring justice to the killers who attacked our people.” -- Barack Hussein Obama [/QUOTE]

Perhaps today would be a good time for a progress report. How we doing on this? Has he hired the same investigators that OJ did to find the "real killer?"

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

[QUOTE]

“Make no mistake, we will bring justice to the killers who attacked our people.” 

-- Barack Hussein Obama    

“What difference at this point does it make?”

-- Hillary Rodham Clinton

Just gotta laugh at spineless neo-cons who are so desperate to tear down a sitting PotUS that they resort to posting quotes completely unrelated to the subject.

Pathetic poltroons, and on such a solemn date.

[/QUOTE]

Irony...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

[QUOTE]With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make

Damain,

So you agree with HRC that the motivations of the killers doesn't matter?

[/QUOTE]

The motivations no longer matter, because we know if was a terror attack meant as retibution against the US.  Fine, it happened and it won't be the last time it happens either.  What matters is 'what can we do about it'?  Will these people be brought to justice?  Did we bite off more than we could chew by placing civilian FSO's in a war zone, even if the CIA had a presence not too far away?  What role did our funding for security for such a vulnerable facility play in making such an attack lethal?  What lessons have been learned that might be applied elsewhere that could potentially avoid a loss of life for our people serving the Dept of State abroad?  These are all far more important than the hand wringing over bad information int he aftermath of the attack since we have all LONG since come to grips with the reality that some jihadists launched an attack and caught our people in a vulnerable position.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

What matters is 'what can we do about it'?

So, what are we doing about it? President Obama said that we will bring the killers to justice. It's been a year now, how much progress have we made in this?

--

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Which admin said "let no serious crisis go to waste"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

[QUOTE]

IT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE!! Especially since some knew immediately that it was not about a video or "guys out for a walk that decided top kill Americans" it was a coordinated attack by military trained terrorist that murdered our citizens!

HUGE F-IN DIFFERENCE!

[/QUOTE]

What do you think was the motivation for the attack?  Revenge for bin Laden?  Revenge for a droned CIA asset?  A powerplay for an Al-Qaeda foot-hold in Benghazi?  A means of drawing agents from the annex to attempt to overtake the arms within?  Elevating Ansar al Sharia to the status of international terrorists by assassinating an Ambassador?

I've heard all of these theories, but the leader of Ansar Al Sharia has been charged criminally.  And Ansar al Sharia was a muslim extremist group with no real interests outside of Libya.  Ahmed Abu Khattala conducted an interview with Reuters a couple weeks after the attack - he didn't mention arms to Syria; he didn't mention droned CIA assets; he didn't mention bin Laden; he didn't demand for anybody's release.  He chided the US over the video.  And now he's been charged for Benghazi.

So in the absence of any other compelling evidence as to the motivation of the attack, shouldn't we be focused on bringing those responsible to justice?  Then the motivations will become clear, which is exactly what Clinton said in her hearing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Let's rape as many tragedies for political points as possible, why don't we?

Just taking a page out of your playbook

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Let's attempt to deflect attention from real issues by calling 'politics,' shall we?

--

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

We all know what happened...Obama denied the Ambassador help.....he chose indecision and Americans died.  The guy couldnt decide his way out of a paper bag in a tough situation.  Syria is more proof....Putin is embarrassing him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/hillary-clinton-honored-liberty-medal-20225254

Hillary Clinton Honored With Liberty Medal

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Let's rape as many tragedies for political points as possible, why don't we?

Just taking a page out of your playbook

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the turdlet who always demands "links" and "Proof" can now provide proof that this is, in fact, a page out of my playbook?

[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry...you can't demand proof anymore after you posted the statement below...that would make you a hypocrite...hahahahahahaha

"And no, no need to issue a typical dishonest demand that I dig up 100 old threads to "prove it" to you"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

The worm wriggles away from his hypocrisy, as always.

What a pathetic excuse of a "man"

Ah....so more do as I say not as I do from WDYWN...gotcha. It burns you that I used your bull against you doesn't it? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Oh no, he BWAAA'd at me. What a big internet gladiator. Sure put me right in my place.

/snore

Next up, F8

Talk about predictable.

No, no...it is YOU that put me in MY place. Thank you for that. I will now change my ways. God bless you my child. God bless you....(F4)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I remember the day well.

It was the day that a singularly tragic event 10,000 miles away showed the nation just how unhinged and hysterical the american rightists can get...

...forcing voters (right and left) to deny them their sincerest wish of making Obama a one-term president.

Clearly, not much has changed....

Sections
Shortcuts