Sheriff Arpaio Sending Armed Posse To Protect Schools

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

PHOENIX -- Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said Thursday that he plans to deploy his armed volunteer posse to protect Valley schools from the kind of violence that happened in the Connecticut shooting tragedy. Arpaio believes having armed law officers around schools will deter would-be criminals from trying anything violent and, possibly, stop them if they do.

“I have the authority to mobilize private citizens and fight crime in this county,” Arpaio said.

Arpaio first started using his posse to protect malls during the holiday shopping season in 1993 in response to violent incidents in prior years. Since then he said malls where his posse members are on patrol have had zero violent re-occurrences and patrols by his all-volunteer squad during the 2012 shopping season netted a record 31 arrests.

Arpaio said since the program has worked so well in malls he believes it will work just as well protecting schools.

“We're not talking about placing the posse in the schools right now but in the outlying -- the perimeters of the school -- to detect any criminal activity.”

MORE...

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Sheriff-Arpaio-is-sending-posse-to-protect-schools-185012341.html

----
    I would not let my kid attend any school protected by those morons!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Re: Sheriff Arpaio Sending Armed Posse To Protect Schools

Remember when wingers accused Obama of trying to raise an armed militia because he increased funding for for programs like CityYear? I am sure this actual raising of a small volunteer militia group of privately armed citizens won't bother the wingers at all though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Arpaio is a caricature of what sells for politics in Arizona. The shame belongs to the voters.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Last year AZ cut education funding by 150 million for K-12 schools maybe some of these volunteers ought to teach the kids to read.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Can you imagine the outrage if the New Black Panther Party said they were going to send armed members to protect predominantly black schools?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can you imagine the outrage if the New Black Panther Party said they were going to send armed members to protect predominantly black schools?

[/QUOTE]

It would be headlines on Faux News.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How terrible.  A sherrif doing his job, one the liberals claims needs to be done, that is, putting armed guards in every school.  But, becasue it is a patriotic American doing it, over which they have to date been unable to squash as he disrupts their patently illegal plans for illegal immigrants, then, well, it's wrong.

Confused?  I am.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How terrible.  A sherrif doing his job, one the liberals claims needs to be done, that is, putting armed guards in every school.  But, becasue it is a patriotic American doing it, over which they have to date been unable to squash as he disrupts their patently illegal plans for illegal immigrants, then, well, it's wrong.

Confused?  I am.

[/QUOTE]

Which liberal said we need to put armed guards in every school?  I believe thats the wingnut position.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Confused?  I am.

[/QUOTE]

Which liberal said we need to put armed guards in every school?  I believe thats the wingnut position.

[/QUOTE]

Skeeter probably heard that on Faux News.....