Shocker; WH endorses bill to confiscate more money from middle class and the poor!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Shocker; WH endorses bill to confiscate more money from middle class and the poor!!

http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/technology/295431-internet-sales-tax-advances-after-obama-endorsement-

This bill will hurts Grandma and Grandpa who live on a fixed budegt and obtain cheaper prescriptions online. They may have to forgo some perscribed drugs or cut back on food to make it if, this bill passesd! Most internet sales are made by poor and middle class Americans who are struggling enough in todays economic turmoil.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Shocker; WH endorses bill to confiscate more money from middle class and the poor!!

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

"If you make less than $250k, you will not see your taxes go up on single dime"

That didnt work out so well for us!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

Re: Shocker; WH endorses bill to confiscate more money from middle class and the poor!!

In response to tvoter's comment:

That didnt work out so well for us!!

Why did $250k become the threshold? 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

The bill would not impose new taxes but would enable collection of taxes already due under state laws.  This is a good bill for Main St. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

The bill would not impose new taxes but would enable collection of taxes already due under state laws.  This is a good bill for Main St. 

Not new? So if I buy from online dealers today there is no tax. If this plan goes through then there will be a tax. I dunno....where I come from that's a new tax.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

This legislation closes a tax loophole that disadvatages brick and mortar businesses and shrinks tax receipts due to states simply because a purchase was made online.  Its a pretty common sense type law that states have been trying to address for years and it is something that the business community supports because it levels the playing field for companies that maintain storefronts and actually hire people to work those businesses. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Hey thanks man, I'll look into that.  If you could elaborate, I am all ears.  Honest.

Basically, companies like Amazon have been getting an unfair sales advantage because they weren't required to collect sales taxes because they claim they don't operate in most of the states they ship to.  The law put the burden back on the buyers to self-report and pay their sales tax at the end of the year in their tax returns.....which nobody did.

Here is a decent article on the subject.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/04/22/in-tax-fight-amazon-hands-baton-to-ebay/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Not new? So if I buy from online dealers today there is no tax. If this plan goes through then there will be a tax. I dunno....where I come from that's a new tax.

Its not a new tax.  You were always required to pay that sales tax by law.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't let the facts spoil a good, ignorant rant.

[QUOTE]

The FACT is this thread is about the WH endorsing the bill and giving a presumed dead bill momentum and the fact that is hurts seniors and the poor!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

The law now says if, a company does not reside in a state then that state cannot tax that companies sales.

The proposed NEW TX law says no matter where you reside as a company other states can tax you if, you make sales in their state.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

This legislation closes a tax loophole that disadvatages brick and mortar businesses and shrinks tax receipts due to states simply because a purchase was made online.  Its a pretty common sense type law that states have been trying to address for years and it is something that the business community supports because it levels the playing field for companies that maintain storefronts and actually hire people to work those businesses. 

Not a loop hole it changes the law

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Its not a new tax.  You were always required to pay that sales tax by law.

Doesn't matter that it was required. Currently not paying the tax. Now will be. That's new.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Prescriptions aren't subject to sales taxes in most states; if not, no problem; if so, nothing has really changed.

The poor are heavy internet consumers, are they?  Buying lots of big ticket items online?

I heard this morning that businesses with less than $1 million in annual sales - i.e. small businesses - would be exempt.

States should legislate their own internet sales tax as distinct from regular sales taxes, then adjust accordingly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Prescriptions aren't subject to sales taxes in most states; if not, no problem; if so, nothing has really changed.

The poor are heavy internet consumers, are they?  Buying lots of big ticket items online?

I heard this morning that businesses with less than $1 million in annual sales - i.e. small businesses - would be exempt.

States should legislate their own internet sales tax as distinct from regular sales taxes, then adjust accordingly.

Perscription drugs were just an example and YES poor people do bargain shop especially the elderly and their caretakers.

I agree with leaving it up to the states and getting the fed out of it!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Perscription drugs were just an example and YES poor people do bargain shop especially the elderly and their caretakers.

I agree with leaving it up to the states and getting the fed out of it!

However, the problem is states can't circumvent commerce laws when the seller lives out-of-state.  That's what the bill is for.

I would be interested to see the "bargain stores" these poor people are flocking to online.  That seems like a cop out.  I think the problem is more about wealthier folks' online shopping habits being inconvenienced.

eBay has said the law will adversely affect many of their sellers.  How many eBay sellers have over a million dollars in out-of-state sales...?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

eBay has said the law will adversely affect many of their sellers.  How many eBay sellers have over a million dollars in out-of-state sales...?

That's not the point!

The cost of the tax will be passed on to the consumer!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Who will pay the tax?

CONSUMERS!!

thank you that is all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Who will pay the tax?

CONSUMERS!!

thank you that is all.

Therefore there is nothing for the corporation to pass on, ya' F'ing idiot.

Dont be such a pvssy! Perhaps I mispoke....

The consumers including the elderly, poor and middle class WILL pay more to the govt!!

That's the problem you freaking einstein!!

Mr. I will not support an increase in taxes on the middle class lied again huh?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Ok, Einstein...  

Convincing back-pedal.

Title of THREAD: WH endorses bill to confiscate more money from middle class and the poor!

I stand by that 100% and it's being a hypocite by some one who stated "I will not support a tax increase on the middle class"!!

PERIOD

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

You could just admit that you were wrong to claim corporations would pass the cost of the tax on to consumers.

I'm not sure what you think pretending we were disputing something else accomplishes. This isn't like some live conversation - the words are still on the page despite what you say about them in later pages.

I said I mispoke but, we are discussing the THREAD not a misstatement by me that is just a deflection by you.