Should Mayor Menino step down..?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Should Mayor Menino step down..?

I know he's been one of the most popular mayor's in the history of Boston..but is it time for him to step aside? After a long illness..it doesn't seem as though the Mayor has the same cognizant ability that he had say..a year ago.

I wonder if his illness was something more than an infection....although that is his own personal business.

In the last few appearances..Menino seems like a shadow of himself.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Re: Should Mayor Menino step down..?

Absolutely NOT!!! The Mayor may be a little slow, have a speech problem among other shortcomings and issues, but he does more and is far brighter and respectable than all of the other dem politicians combined in MA....

In a state led by Patrick, a teenaged Kennedy, the Senator Indian Chick from Harvard, the criminal felon from the 6th Congressional District and Ed Markey among others.....Menino stands out as a hard working accomplished man of integrity.

Lets keep him, with all his faults he's the best we have...... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

No one can argue that Menino is not hard working. Nor can we argue that he doesn't care deeply about the city. He is not functioning fully..however. That much is clear whenever you see him or listen to him.

Sadly..in the private sector..he would likely be let go.

I guess the fact that he is an elected official makes the situation somewhat different...but I believe no one should be in the same leadership position for more than 10 years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

No one can argue that Menino is not hard working. Nor can we argue that he doesn't care deeply about the city. He is not functioning fully..however. That much is clear whenever you see him or listen to him.

Sadly..in the private sector..he would likely be let go.

I guess the fact that he is an elected official makes the situation somewhat different...but I believe no one should be in the same leadership position for more than 10 years.

Even in his current state, he functions better than Ted Kennedy on his best day, and unlike John F. Kerry, he has actually done something for the people fo this state.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts