Should Oral Sex be a Crime?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Should Oral Sex be a Crime?

If you vote Ken Cuccinelli for Virginia governor, he’ll keep your children safe from sexual predators by making all oral and anal sex—between everyone, even married couples—a felony that carries a sentence of a year in prison. The state’s attorney general and Republican nominee for governor recently announced a campaign pledge to reinstate a Crimes Against Nature law, which has already been deemed unconstitutional by federal courts. This week, the campaign launched a website,vachildpredators.com, that presents the law banning sodomy as the only “anti-child-predators law,” which it’s not, and says that it “is only applied to sodomy committed against minors, against non-consenting adults, or in public,” when that’s actually not the case. It’s not like Cuccinelli doesn’t realize that this law criminalizes the behavior of consenting adults as well as sexual predators; he’s the reason the provision including consensual oral and anal sex between grown people wasn’t removed to make the law constitutional in the first place. Cuccinelli’s explanation for opposing a version of the Crimes Against Nature law that focused on public sex, prostitution, and other nonconsensual acts? “My view is that homosexual acts, not homosexuality, but homosexual acts are wrong. They’re intrinsically wrong,” he said in 2009. “And I think in a natural-law-based country, it’s appropriate to have policies that reflect that … They don’t comport with natural law.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re: Should Oral Sex be a Crime?

This liberal propaganda is a blatant lie.  The Virginia Attorney General was prosecuting a sexual predator. The law cannot be used against consenting adults. Repeat: the law cannot be used aginst consenting adults, only against child predators.

The AG is appealing to the US Supreme Court.

But , hey , it is a political campaign, so the Dems flat out lie .

From the same website:

• William Scott MacDonald was 47 when he was convicted of soliciting oral sex from a minor girl. This was a repeat offense.
    • The Fourth Circuit’s 2-1 decision effectively struck down the law that was used to prosecute him – Virginia’s anti-sodomy law. The dissenting judge is an appointee of President Obama, and he agreed that the law should not be struck down.
    • This case is about using current law to protect a minor girl from a 47 year-old repeat sexual predator. The law is only applied to sodomy committed against minors, against non-consenting adults, or in public. In fact, contrary to misinformation peddled by Terry McAuliffe and his liberal allies against the defenders of this law, the law is not – and cannot be – used against consenting adults acting in private.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Cuccinelli's office claims that it is appealing the decision because the state's regular statutory rape law doesn't allow it to pursue the harshest punishment against a 47-year-old man who solicited oral sex from teenagers (who were above the age of consent at the time). But as Josh Israel recounts at ThinkProgress, Cuccinelli helped kill an effort to reform the Crimes Against Nature law in order to make it comply with the Supreme Court's ruling in Lawrence(which oulawed anti-sodomy acts nationwide), possibly because the proposed law didn't focus on homosexuality. "My view is that homosexual acts, not homosexuality, but homosexual acts are wrong," Cuccinelli said in 2009. "They're intrinsically wrong. And I think in a natural law-based country it's appropriate to have policies that reflect that…They don’t comport with natural law.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to ms-obstinate99's comment:

Good grief Andie..... this is weak. We aren't on the same side of the political fence, but I know you could have found something better to talk about.

We all know this is would never pass.

MO,

Sorry. But this state has gone bananas with its intrusion into the private lives of its citizens.

VA is the home of the trans-vaginal ultra sound less we forget.

None of this is pleasant to talk about but if these politicians are going to garner more votes with these kind of laws and proposed laws, then I feel they need to have a strong spotlight shone on them.

Texas has shown us, for example, that yes, we can go backwards on rights we thought were settled.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

If it does ... I moving to France

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

“My view is that homosexual acts, not homosexuality, but homosexual acts are wrong. They’re intrinsically wrong,”

My view is that he's kind of an idiot.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Good grief Andie..... this is weak. We aren't on the same side of the political fence, but I know you could have found something better to talk about.

We all know this is would never pass.

An even if it did pass...how does it get enforced? This would be one of those laws that doesn't get enforced since there's no way it could unless for those few and far between instances where people get caught having outdoor sex. And even then how many times do people get caught by law enforcement? 

Case in point. Here are some MA sex laws that are on the books. How many people do you know getting arrested for anal sex or fornication???

Sodomy

MGL c.272, s. 35. Unnatural and lascivious acts.

Whoever commits any unnatural and lascivious act with another person shall be punished by a fine of not less than one hundred nor more than one thousand dollars or by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than five years or in jail or the house of correction for not more than two and one half years.

Fornication

MGL c.272, s. 18. Fornication.

Whoever commits fornication shall be punished by imprisonment for not more than three months or by a fine of not more than thirty dollars.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"Sorry. But this state has gone bananas with its intrusion into the private lives of its citizens.

VA is the home of the trans-vaginal ultra sound less we forget."

Dont swallow the progressive talking points, it is sad how many get their news from Jon Stewart and Comedy Central. Fact: Virginia does not have a trans-vaginal ultrasound requirement. Like many other states, it requires an external ultrasound before an abortion for health reasons and to determine the viability of the fetus. When the bill was proposed, it was Gov McDonnell who helped amend it to malke the ultrasound an external one...

Virginia hasnt intruded into the private lives of its citizens, look to Washington DC for that issue. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

[QUOTE]

the law cannot be used aginst consenting adults, only against child predators.

That is precisely why people find it suspicious. There are already laws on the books covering everything from molestation to rape of a minor.

If the sole purpose of the law is to target child predators, it is entirely redundant.

If it is used to target adult's it is unconstitutional per Lawrence v. Texas. The trouble is that if an adult were targetted, it might take years for their conviction to be overturned and/or the law shot down on that basis.

You can't be this dense, can you?

Legal time lag is precisely why Republicans who hate the Supreme Court's constitutional authority (when it isn't calling corporations people, that is) keep passing anti-abortion laws that plainly violate Roe in state legislatures.

As long as they can get away with a few constitutional violations, they're happy.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, but the otherside did enjoy the ACA shuffle last summer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Of the 90 sex offenders prosecuted since 2003 using the anti-sodomy law, 38 (42 percent) were prosecuted by Democratic attorneys. So, this law has been used in a bi-partisan manner.

In the case that brought national attention to the issue, Cuccinelli is attempting to convict a 47-year-old pedophile for soliciting a 17-year-old girl.

As Cuccinelli spokesperson Caroline Gibson says, "This case is not about sexual orientation, but using current law to protect a 17 year-old girl from a 47 year-old sexual predator."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

[QUOTE]

If it does ... I moving to France

I'll join ya Wink

[/QUOTE]

I would join you guys, but call me crazy, I love my country, hard as it is at times.

ps...I know you guys love this country as much as me.  And France is really beautiful.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Of the 90 sex offenders prosecuted since 2003 using the anti-sodomy law, 38 (42 percent) were prosecuted by Democratic attorneys. So, this law has been used in a bi-partisan manner.

In the case that brought national attention to the issue, Cuccinelli is attempting to convict a 47-year-old pedophile for soliciting a 17-year-old girl.

As Cuccinelli spokesperson Caroline Gibson says, "This case is not about sexual orientation, but using current law to protect a 17 year-old girl from a 47 year-old sexual predator."

CLC,

Cuccinelli's office claims that it is appealing the decision because the state's regular statutory rape law doesn't allow it to pursue the harshest punishment against a 47-year-old man who solicited oral sex from teenagers (who were above the age of consent at the time)

As I posted above, his office is also appealing the decision, spending taxpayer dollars, because the regular statutory rape law....who solicited oral sex from teenagers who were ABOVE the age of consent at the time.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to GregStillinMeffa's comment:

a 47 year old raoes my 17 year old, I'll testify in his defence, and get him off.

That way, I can surgically peel back is skin and cover him with a solution of rock salt and rubbing alcohol and pi55 on him while he writhes to death.

Any questions?

Nope.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregStillinMeffa. Show GregStillinMeffa's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

In response to GregStillinMeffa's comment:

[QUOTE]

a 47 year old raoes my 17 year old, I'll testify in his defence, and get him off.

That way, I can surgically peel back is skin and cover him with a solution of rock salt and rubbing alcohol and pi55 on him while he writhes to death.

Any questions?

Nope.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  Seems if yo reply, I don't get removed.  Moo hoo ha ha ha