Should we just let the Sequestration cuts take place?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Re: Should we just let the Sequestration cuts take place?

In response to skeeter20's comment:

A marketing observation:  Obama is losing the PR battle on this one....  

Dance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to Firewind's comment:

Dance.

Skeeter...Obama is losing the PR war..?? Sure..both sides are taking a hit..but haven't you heard? Congress has left town..another day off for them. Somehow..I think most logical thinking people understand what is going on here..surely anyone who understands how government works.

Still..I'm waiting for your list of drastic cuts. You know what I'm starting to think? That for all the bluster of the right that we need "drastic spending cuts'..that to a one they are all too chicken to make them. Therefore..once again..Obama is put in the position of playing mommy to a dysfunctional Congress.

The right ran a whole campaign on needing to balance the budget and reduce spending...and now that it's one step closer to happening they are crying foul..and saying the President is heartless...

Sorry..you can't have it both ways.

Once again..you really just can't make this stuff up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Dance.

really?  you are in major denial.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Dance.

Skeeter...Obama is losing the PR war..?? Sure..both sides are taking a hit..but haven't you heard? Congress has left town..another day off for them. Somehow..I think most logical thinking people understand what is going on here..surely anyone who understands how government works.

Still..I'm waiting for your list of drastic cuts. You know what I'm starting to think? That for all the bluster of the right that we need "drastic spending cuts'..that to a one they are all too chicken to make them. Therefore..once again..Obama is put in the position of playing mommy to a dysfunctional Congress.

The right ran a whole campaign on needing to balance the budget and reduce spending...and now that it's one step closer to happening they are crying foul..and saying the President is heartless...

Sorry..you can't have it both ways.

Once again..you really just can't make this stuff up.

You are wrong once again, but it is a free country.  Obama is losing the PR war, and is negligent in his duties as well.  No one with half a brain is buying his scare tactics.

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-perspective/022813-646182-president-obama-has-his-fingerprints-all-over-sequester.htm

As far as congress, yah, no bargain there.  not defending them.  but, the left continues in its insistence that conservatives are Republicans and liberals are Democrats.  This is such a weak strawman.

I find it funny that you consider the one screaming from the roof tops about releasing dangerous illegal aliens, decimating the military, and leaving our border unprotected as the "mommy".

Unbeleivable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Bump.

As the president is doing, "...Waiting until the last minute to sign the spending cuts into law."  [Per all the news media that isn't obsessed with the Vatican today.]

And keep on dancin', keep on...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Bump.

As the president is doing, "...Waiting until the last minute to sign the spending cuts into law."  [Per all the news media that isn't obsessed with the Vatican today.]

And keep on dancin', keep on...

I have to ask.  I seriously don't get the dancing metaphor.  Can you explain?  I want to be in on the joke.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

The loyal opposition is dancing on the table about this.  Remember when I said this after the first debate?  Couldn't find this back then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ-8PcxcBmw

"Keep on dancin', keep on... dancin' and aprancin'..."  

On the table.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:

[QUOTE]

[...]

...a poster who I don't even recall ever interacting with.

[...]

Oh, but you have.

Well..Firewind..by all means..if you know something then share it with the class.

[QUOTE]

My guess ....jmel?

I doubt it..but we will let it pass for now. I am getting better at ignoring trolls...when Doozy stops being a coward....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

An interesting question...and my opinion may surprise people on both sides of the aisle. ( depending on how you view my political leanings).

I am becoming of the opinion that we should just let the cuts happen. To my friends on the left..yes..I understand the impact this may have on the economy and to social programs and safety net programs. Heck..it will essentially grind my agency's growth over the past couple of years to a screeching halt. No more jobs will be created and in fact maybe there will be cuts. After all...people don't like uncertainty and neither do businesses.

To my friends on the right..don't get too excited. You see..I am of the opinion that perhaps we should let these cuts happen because then people will see the real world effect of said cuts. Right now..they are such an abstract thing..a burden to be born by the "other guy"..or worse..the "lazy, do nothings mooching off our hard earned money". If the cuts do take place however...everyone..and I mean everyone..will see with clear eyes just what impact government has in their daily lives. Waits will be longer for everything..cities and towns will have less money. Less money equals less services. A million people laid off, fired or furloughed means less money getting pumped back into our consumer based economy. Less food inspectors means food gets more expensive.  No child care subsidies means single parents will have to quit their jobs because they can't afford child care...or that they will have even less disposable income to put back into the economy. Less demand equals less money equals less workers..so more than just government employees will lose their jobs. Many in the private sector will too.

Still..I think perhaps we should let the cuts happen. What else is left to do in order to make it real enough for everyone?

Besides..I am growing weary of this every three months panic created by the inaction of Congress...and yes..I place the blame for this solely on our do nothing Congress. They are the ones who hold the nation's purse strings..so to speak.

So..what say you? Should the sequester cuts happen?

No.

Congress should pass a budget.