Shrinking Government and Getting Rid of the EPA Will Create Jobs...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from APerfectCircle. Show APerfectCircle's posts

Re: Shrinking Government and Getting Rid of the EPA Will Create Jobs...

In certain areas govt should get out of the way. And in other areas, like EPA, we need govt. There is a balance that is needed. I don't know anyone who says govt shouldn't be involved entirely. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

Mercury is also used in flourescent lights which are perferred over incandescent lights because they save electricity!!
    So in electricty production bad (even though a vast majority is captured with clean coal technology)! But, put it in multiple outlets in our homes and its perferred!!

btw the most toxic form is the mecury dust or gas that is used in flourescent lighting!

Just sayin!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

In Response to Re: Shrinking Government and Getting Rid of the EPA Will Create Jobs...:
    [QUOTE]And now it's Republicans who want to get rid of it... ------------------------- Who?
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Didn't you know...Rick Perry = RepublicanS

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

I think getting rid of the Federal epa is debatable idea. Allow state epa's to do the job!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zippit. Show zippit's posts

In Response to Re: Shrinking Government and Getting Rid of the EPA Will Create Jobs...:
    [QUOTE]No kidding. I try to stick with incandescent. Hopefully, LED bulbs - which do not have this problem - will start coming down in price to something more reasonable.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

Well, incandescent bulbs will be phased out in no time, so you better stock up.

And in case you didn't notice, LEDs have virtually taken over the X-mas light market, and Neon signs are a thing of the past, LED's are the same or even cheaper than neon now.

LED's are gradually taking over the retail design niche, as they use 10% the energy, less heat build up, and up to ten-times the longevity as incandescent lights.

Plus many state energy codes mandate "watts per suare foot" limits for retail stores, thus driving out compact fluorescents in many cases.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shrinking Government and Getting Rid of the EPA Will Create Jobs... : The problem with that seems fairly obvious to me: Pollutants do not obey state lines. A coal state could decide to have very few regulations on emissions, but it is states to the East that pay the price. Etc. Of course, that would also be worse for any business that operates in more than one state. More regulations to comply with, more legal fees, more logistics headaches.

We could use federal courts to decide if, one state is infringing on the other.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

I'm just dying to see you demand the same of conservatives here. Why do you feel it unnecessary for them to provide lists?

Maybe for same reason YOU don't when the Left puts their lists together

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

[QUOTE]Well, that's piling even more costs onto business. On top of that, I'm not sure what you mean. I am not involved in "environmental law" so I am not sure whether one state can sue another over pollution, or what the suit would look like. On top of that, you'd have even more of what is often criticized as "judge made law". The framers settled on a mixed system with a strong federal government because the prior model did not work . That is why the interstate commerce clause was included, for example. It's inefficient, and more often ineffective, to leave matters affecting five states to five different sets of rules. I genuinely do not understand the TP/some conservative view that as a general rule of government, it is better for states to handle things.

Better does not always indicate great or even good. There are those including me that the feds should pass much more power to states and not try to one size fits all in so many areas.

The feds should spend more time worrying about infrastructure, foreign policy and protecting nation.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shrinking Government and Getting Rid of the EPA Will Create Jobs... : If you're seriously saying I dont' call out Democrats, you are lying and that would be pretty insulting. I'd expect that from skeeter. You're here quite enough to have read plenty of my criticisms of Democrats. Regularly.

And you're on here enough to know I've called out Repubs. So I guess you're lying

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shrinking Government and Getting Rid of the EPA Will Create Jobs... : That's just generalized ideology. Of course "one size" does not always fit "all." Here, it does, because pollutants do not obey state boundaries. Are you disputing that?

No just think we need a balance.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]This is just a bulletin board.  Might as well demand Skeeter use Kikomen soy sauce. That La Choy stuff is awful.
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

I like the organic tamari brand soy sauce from Hmart.

Great place.  They have hundreds of varieties.  And the marinated sliced ribeye is freakalicious.

21. This post has been removed.