Since when does the govt have the right to burn people alive?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Since when does the govt have the right to burn people alive?

This guy had lost it and was a danger to society but, to have him trapped and just set the building on fire after a few hours with police shouting things like "Burn this motherfocker" is not right.

I understand the emotion but, even though his actions were horrific; he deserved more as a human being let alone a US citizen!

IF, these accounts are true and Im not saying they are!

http://www.infowars.com/lapd-audio-from-dorner-siege-burn-this-motherfucker/

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Since when does the govt have the right to burn people alive?

In response to NO MO O's comment:

Since it was a black man on a race based killing spree.

testimony would have been ugly.. acceptable collateral damage

Race based killing spree??

what are you talking about?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

There was no racial motivations to his crime spree, he intended to take out elements of the LAPD and in one instance the family members of the LAPD. No Mo O is either trolling (big surprise) or doesn't know what he is talking about (highly likely)

As I understand it, the fugitive officer killed himself, but regardless of whether he did prior to the fire or not, there seems to be evidence that the police on the scene intentionally set the fire.  I have not heard of purposely burning a building to smoke out a suspect.  Typically the negotiators get called, tear gas may be used, or they police may attempt to breach the building and take the suspect by force.  But I have never heard of setting a hideout on fire. 

While I doubted there was anyway Dorner was walking away from this alive, it looks as though there is some explaining that the San Bernadino's sherriff's dept needs to do. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

there seems to be evidence that the police on the scene intentionally set the fire.

As long as the evidence doesn't come from infowars....I'll be willing to listen... 

On the police scanner some of the officers can be heard saying the following:

"All right, Steve, we're gonna go, er, we're gonna go forward with the plan, with, er, with the burn. We want it, er, like we talked about. [...] Seven burners deployed and we have a fire."

Journalist Max Blumenthal, apparently heard this as he was monitoring the scanners and tweeted what he heard moments after it was said.  So if true the local PD has some explaining to do. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

From what I read it appears that Dorner was trapped in a cabin and during a brief firefight shot two deputies killing one of them.  Dorner had a scorch the earth approach here and seemed to be heading towards suicide by cop.

So San Berndino Sherriefs Dept brings in the swat vehicle and the opens up the sides of the cabin in order to leave him no place to hide and shoot, seems logical to me.  Then once the cabin is opened up a single gun shot is heard from inside the cabin and the building bursts into flames.  I don't think that the fire dept is about to put out a fire nor should they, risk the lives of its force to save a guy who has vowed to kill anyone that crosses him.

Most likely the autopsy will show death to be by a self inflicted single gun shot to head, good riddance.  That being said; his claim may have been true and the case that caused him to be fired should be reopened for a real review, but the review would have been better if Dorner didn't go off the reservation with his vendetta.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

There was no racial motivations to his crime spree, he intended to take out elements of the LAPD and in one instance the family members of the LAPD. No Mo O is either trolling (big surprise) or doesn't know what he is talking about (highly likely)

As I understand it, the fugitive officer killed himself, but regardless of whether he did prior to the fire or not, there seems to be evidence that the police on the scene intentionally set the fire.  I have not heard of purposely burning a building to smoke out a suspect.  Typically the negotiators get called, tear gas may be used, or they police may attempt to breach the building and take the suspect by force.  But I have never heard of setting a hideout on fire. 

While I doubted there was anyway Dorner was walking away from this alive, it looks as though there is some explaining that the San Bernadino's sherriff's dept needs to do. 

A black man killing only white people must only be coincidence.

Here are his victims:

Monica Quan - of Asian descent

Keith Lawrence - Black

Michael Crain - white

San Bernadino deputy - unnamed, race TBD.

http://graphics.latimes.com/towergraphic-who-they-were-dorners-alleged-victims/

So as I suspected you had no idea what you were talking about, so go crawl back under your rock. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"I have not heard of purposely burning a building to smoke out a suspect."

That's what they did to John Wilkes Booth, lit up a barn he was hiding in.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Unfortuantely, it sounds like no one but the police were there. Unless there are leaks we may not find out what really happened.

I'm not going to indict them without proof, but I've seen enough cop rage in my cases and those of my colleagues that I would not rule out the possibility that where cops were killed, his/her fellows might retalite with such a brutal means of death.

Or, to simply not put much effort into getting the suspect out. 

If they wanted to get him out by fire, what were they going to do? If the reason for using the fire is that he's been gunning them down, then the second he comes out they'll just shoot him. Fire sounds like one of the worst ways to go. Just shoot the place up from the outside if you need to kill him.

If he's still shooting at you, this isn't one of those "what do you do with a captured prisoner" situations.....   

I expect a lot from officers in terms of constitutional rights, but I don't think one of their duties is to commit suicide in capturing a suspect who keeps opening fire on you.

Yelling "burn the mfer" sounds quite condemning

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

No offense tv, but I gotta go with WDYWN on this one.  Infowars is PrisonPlanet is Grimfandango is, "uhm, no"

True the source I posted is unreliable. Hence my "not saying this is true" but, I heard others on music radio echoing the same thing. Now they are DJ's not reporters but, it was a weak collaboration.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

If you want to regain any credibility, never cite it again.

You could not possibly underestimate my lack of concern for your thoughts on my credibility! lol

Hows video for evidence?

Here's video of police reportedly shouting "burn that motherfucker" and "burn him out" as Dorner was surrounded inside the cabin.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022364793

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

BOOM

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Liked the video huh? lmao!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Have to agree with WDYWN on the Infowars thing they're useless as a news source. Kind of like the NY Times except without the veneer of credibility. On the plus side they never hired, afaik, anyone as banally evil as Walter Duranty so they got that going for them.

Speaking of evil there seemed like a lot of paulnutty Libertarian types, and not a few lefties, rooting this guy on. If you were one of them you need to immediately turn in your humanity card as you've failed to earn it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Yes, I'd have liked seeing him up there explaining his manifesto and how obama & pelosi made him do it... biggrin  It was a jihad against conservatism, police brutality, honnky justice. etc etc. Obviously his pursuit & capture were racially motivated, just like any criticism of obama's policies... rolleyes

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

I don't care about Jones, or to read what he said in the OP's link.  But in response to the OP title question, is anyone here old enough to remember when the SLA, except Patricia Hearst, was destroyed in an inferno in a bungalow during a shootout with the Los Angeles Police Department in Compton, CA?  Then, the news camera was across the street - a live feed across the country for the whole siege.  This was deja vu.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/lapd-raid-leaves-six-sla-members-dead

"...Teargas containers thrown into the hideout started a fire..."

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to Newtster's comment:

In response to airborne-rgr's comment:

Yeah, sounds like someone claiming we torture because some military goon went rogue and took out his sadistic acts on some terrorist prisoner only to be prosecuted and convicted of abusing said terrorist.

Where is this going now?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

we'll never know now for sure what happened and chances are some wanted it that way!