So, it is not only the web site, but people are paying more

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

So, it is not only the web site, but people are paying more

Democrats love to give you averages and impossible to meet scenarios to make dubius claims about how rate are lower, but where the rubber meets the road, is that the very people this was supposed to help, are p1ssed, as they face higher premiums, and in some cases, bankruptcy looms in the future.

Read the facebook posts inthe linnk below, and tell me this is good for the middle class.  you can't, because it isn't.

When wil lthe Democrats stand up and join the conservatives in defending the middle class?

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/10/11/50-Real-People-Complaining-About-Healthcare-gov

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Re: So, it is not only the web site, but people are paying more

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Democrats love to give you averages and impossible to meet scenarios to make dubius claims about how rate are lower, but where the rubber meets the road, is that the very people this was supposed to help, are p1ssed, as they face higher premiums, and in some cases, bankruptcy looms in the future.

Read the facebook posts inthe linnk below, and tell me this is good for the middle class.  you can't, because it isn't.

When wil lthe Democrats stand up and join the conservatives in defending the middle class?

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/10/11/50-Real-People-Complaining-About-Healthcare-gov

skeeter,

We are talking about Breit Bart from FOX...Fair and Balanced, yes?

And we are talking about dubious claims, yes?

Some people may be headed for bankruptcy but NOT because of Obamacare. In fact, just the opposite. Along with loss of employment, medical bills are the top two reasons people end up filing for bankruptcy. 

In addition, you are aware subsidies are available to pay for your premiums. The amount of the subsidy varies depending on household income and the size of your family. In fact, this is one of the many complaints conservatives have with Obamacare...a provision to make it more affordable for lower income families.

Does that sound like a plan that is going to drive a family into bankruptcy?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

skeeter,

Some people may be headed for bankruptcy but NOT because of Obamacare. In fact, just the opposite. Along with loss of employment, medical bills are the top two reasons people end up filing for bankruptcy. 

In addition, you are aware subsidies are available to pay for your premiums. The amount of the subsidy varies depending on household income and the size of your family. In fact, this is one of the many complaints conservatives have with Obamacare...a provision to make it more affordable for lower income families.

The subsidies will lower the cost for some. However, the real cost of the plans have gone up.  The subsidies are slanted towards the bronze ansd silver plan. Those plans are very weak. The Silver offers a cost share savings as well for some, this will lower the deductible and max out of pocket limits for the member. Many will not get a subsidy due to family income or one spuse have "affordable" coverage offered to them even if they decline that coverage. This is the 9.5% rule. This will cause issues for some voters when they learn that at point of enrollment. 

Real life - I helped 8 clinets on Friday and everyone of them had rates increase of $200 per month (all family plans) if they moved to the new plans 1/1/14. The carriers have raised the rates and weakend the plans. Atleast in my market. VA MD DC.

All the plans are the same in or out of the market place as well. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to thehub's comment:

skeeter,

The subsidies will lower the cost for some. However, the real cost of the plans have gone up.  The subsidies are slanted towards the bronze ansd silver plan. Those plans are very weak. The Silver offers a cost share savings as well for some, this will lower the deductible and max out of pocket limits for the member. Many will not get a subsidy due to family income or one spuse have "affordable" coverage offered to them even if they decline that coverage. This is the 9.5% rule. This will cause issues for some voters when they learn that at point of enrollment. 

Real life - I helped 8 clinets on Friday and everyone of them had rates increase of $200 per month (all family plans) if they moved to the new plans 1/1/14. The carriers have raised the rates and weakend the plans. Atleast in my market. VA MD DC.

thehub,

The bronze and silver plans are the bottom 2 tier plans, yes?

They are also the least expensive plans.

You catagorizize them as weak. I see them as getting people with no health insurance into having some health insurance, at a very low cost.

Perhaps somewhat akin to catastrophic health insurance. So when a family is hit with massive health bills due to an illnesss like cancer or a serious injury requring multiple operations and rehab, they are not wiped out and driven into bankruptcy. (Not to mention having their credit ruined for some time.)

To the younger, healthier population, these plans might be a good start to draw them into being covered. They do not cost very much and they will have to pay a penalty...i.e. the individual mandate...if the do not have some health insurance in any case. Why pay a penalty and get nothing when you can pay a very lost cost premium and have health insurance at some level.?

It may also start this population into thinking that health insurance is not a frill expense, but a responsible item to have as a grown adult.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

skeeter,

They are facebook posts. Brietbart is simply doing what the mainstream media is not doing ,reporting the news. Sorry they didn't report another ACA puff piece.

i think you are just regurgitating talking point. I give you actual reports from the front lines, and you just put your hands over your ears and say it is not true.

this is the problem with the left. Not their hearts, but their brains.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

skeeter,

Here's the difference: the progressives here are arguing talking points.  You, and I (via Facebook) are presenting real world results.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

The best case position for the progressives who are in favor of Obamacare is that some are being helped by hurting others.

the middle class is about to be crushed by Obamacare, and they are clinging bitterly to talking points that are just not real world.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

The best case position for the progressives who are in favor of Obamacare is that some are being helped by hurting others.

the middle class is about to be crushed by Obamacare, and they are clinging bitterly to talking points that are just not real world.

The best case for conservatives seems to be that healthy people used to be able to buy cheaper private insurance.  I'm sure for some people that's true, but they could only keep that rate if they stayed healthy.  So what good is that insurance, really?  It's kind of like stocking produce in your bomb shelter - it's not going to be there for you when you really need it.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

skeeter,

Some people may be headed for bankruptcy but NOT because of Obamacare. In fact, just the opposite. Along with loss of employment, medical bills are the top two reasons people end up filing for bankruptcy

Do you have a link other than the long discredited Harvard study for that claim? More bs from the liberal echo chamber.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

The best case for conservatives seems to be that healthy people used to be able to buy cheaper private insurance.  I'm sure for some people that's true, but they could only keep that rate if they stayed healthy.  So what good is that insurance, really?  It's kind of like stocking produce in your bomb shelter - it's not going to be there for you when you really need it.  

Slomag,

Your point about rates going up if you get sick or become unhealthy is wrong. The rates can vary on your health at point of enrollment but once you are in the pool the carries cannot raise your rates or cancel you due to illness. The entire pool of client get the same rate increase based on plan design, age and zip code. This is the individual market I am speaking about. I am right on this - dead on - no spin. Your though about young buying cheap insuance may be right. However, I have  sat with many uninsurred and offered some very cheap but weak plans they want no part of it. The mind set, right or wrong, is I now have insurance so it better cover me right away. They will be very upset with the high out of pocket Cost. 

Please watch this point next year. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

skeeter,

Here's the difference: the progressives here are arguing talking points.  You, and I (via Facebook) are presenting real world results.

I am trying to share real life facts and will keep doing so. Others will see as well if they are trying to buy an individual policy or work for a under 50 ee company. Bad news for most of those people. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Slomag,

Your point about rates going up if you get sick or become unhealthy is wrong. The rates can vary on your health at point of enrollment but once you are in the pool the carries cannot raise your rates or cancel you due to illness. The entire pool of client get the same rate increase based on plan design, age and zip code. This is the individual market I am speaking about. I am right on this - dead on - no spin. Your though about young buying cheap insuance may be right. However, I have  sat with many uninsurred and offered some very cheap but weak plans they want no part of it. The mind set, right or wrong, is I now have insurance so it better cover me right away. They will be very upset with the high out of pocket Cost. 

Please watch this point next year. 

That may be true of group policies but definitely does no apply to the individual market.

There's a good investigative piece by the LA Times about "recission" and how insurers purge policy holders.

Sick but Insured? Think Again Lawsuits accuse insurance companies of retroactively dumping families that rack up large bills. Firms defend their policies, but the state is investigating.

I am talking about the individual market. I have clients that have aids, cancer and run up huge bills. The rates go up the same as my policy and I never hit the deductible. Been in the business for 15 years and have never seen a policy recinded due to new health conditions. We never see eye to eye on this but this is what I do for a living. The policy can be recinded if the memeber lied on the app. I saw this once about a few years ago and my client did lie. The insurance company returned at the paid premium and denied the claims. 

You dont have to believe me but its true. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

You can believe what you read and I will believe what I see everyday. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I appreciate your professional insight, but I've seen too much evidence to the contrary to believe the system was working this way for most Americans.

Let me ask you this - have you seen some plans whose premiums rise much faster than others?  If so, can you jump off that plan and on to another while the aids and cancer victims must pay whatever they are told?

Have you seen the conditions of plans change unexpectedly from one year to the next?

Have you seen both the sick and healthy dropped for non-payment?  Does coverage cease immediately for each, or does the sick person get dropped immediately while the healthy person is mailed a couple of payment reminders?

What percent of your company's resources was dedicated to fighting claims?

Have you ever seen a once healthy person exceed his/her lifetime max?

For anything you answered 'no' to do you think the answer would be the same for each of your competitors?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

I appreciate your professional insight, but I've seen too much evidence to the contrary to believe the system was working this way for most Americans.

Let me ask you this - have you seen some plans whose premiums rise much faster than others?  If so, can you jump off that plan and on to another while the aids and cancer victims must pay whatever they are told?

Have you seen the conditions of plans change unexpectedly from one year to the next?

Have you seen both the sick and healthy dropped for non-payment?  Does coverage cease immediately for each, or does the sick person get dropped immediately while the healthy person is mailed a couple of payment reminders?

For anything you answered 'no' to do you think the answer would be the same for each of your competitors?

Question 1 - no. They are rise the same. Now, moving plans once you get an illness is an issue ans should be fixed. 

Question 2 - yes. The plan changes for all though. Now, next year we are all going to be in shock with how much the plans change. There really is no "keep it if you like" option past 1/1/15. 

Question 3 - this is hype by the news. I have been able to reinsate many very sick clients for lack of payment on thier end. Remenber the employee on the other end of the call are people as well. There is no game plan to kick off sick people. I have never sen this. 

question 4 - we have a small staff that fixes claim issues for our clients. Many times its billing code issue by the provider. We have had insurance carriers pay claims the contract said they did not have too but wanted to provide the right customer service so they did. 

Question 5 - yes I have. I just helped him with a small group plan and was able to get his great rates as well. I like no life time max. It does not cost us much and will help out those very few that need it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

skeeter,

Some people may be headed for bankruptcy but NOT because of Obamacare. In fact, just the opposite. Along with loss of employment, medical bills are the top two reasons people end up filing for bankruptcy

Do you have a link other than the long discredited Harvard study for that claim? More bs from the liberal echo chamber.

Hansoribrother,

http://medicalnoises.com/2013/07/02/what-the-top-reason-for-bankruptcy-the-us/

According to this article, the top reason for filing for personal bankruptcy IS medical expenses.

The other next four reasons are job loss, out of control spending, divorce and unexpected disasters.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Question 1 - no. They are rise the same. Now, moving plans once you get an illness is an issue ans should be fixed. 

Question 2 - yes. The plan changes for all though. Now, next year we are all going to be in shock with how much the plans change. There really is no "keep it if you like" option past 1/1/15. 

Question 3 - this is hype by the news. I have been able to reinsate many very sick clients for lack of payment on thier end. Remenber the employee on the other end of the call are people as well. There is no game plan to kick off sick people. I have never sen this. 

question 4 - we have a small staff that fixes claim issues for our clients. Many times its billing code issue by the provider. We have had insurance carriers pay claims the contract said they did not have too but wanted to provide the right customer service so they did. 

Question 5 - yes I have. I just helped him with a small group plan and was able to get his great rates as well. I like no life time max. It does not cost us much and will help out those very few that need it. 

I appreciate your time and perspective.  What is your take when you hear stories like the one ACA posted, or the woman in the 'winners and losers' article whose premiums did quadruple in five years after contracting cancer?  Do you think there's more to their stories, or did they just choose the wrong company?

In my experience, the larger a company gets, the less human that employee on the other end of the call becomes.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

To thehub:

Just wanted to note that I too appreciate your professional insight.

I also very much appreciate the give and take you have had with slomag, ACC, myself and others.

That kind of give and take is the political forums at their very best.

Hope you stay for issues in addition to the current front burner issues.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

I appreciate your time and perspective.  What is your take when you hear stories like the one ACA posted, or the woman in the 'winners and losers' article whose premiums did quadruple in five years after contracting cancer?  Do you think there's more to their stories, or did they just choose the wrong company?

In my experience, the larger a company gets, the less human that employee on the other end of the call becomes.  

There are two sides to every story. I can only share my examples of working with my clients in my market. I have healthy clients with very high deductibles that never meet their deductible and still have their rates go up by 25% or more. BCBS has not paid one claim for me (large family) for over 5 years. My increase this year was 27%. 

I do agree with your last comment. Sometimes the larger the company the less "pro employee" they become. I see that with my groups that's why I really like working with the under 100 ee groups.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

To thehub:

Just wanted to note that I too appreciate your professional insight.

I also very much appreciate the give and take you have had with slomag, ACC, myself and others.

That kind of give and take is the political forums at their very best.

Hope you stay for issues in addition to the current front burner issues.

Thanks. I enjoy talking politics - Message boards can be tricky. It's easy to slam others behind your keyboard. I am more interested in learning about the issue. Sharing what I know. I love a good, respectful back and forth. 

Sections
Shortcuts