So what has Sarah Palin done lately?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately?

In Response to Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately? : Hey moron, it was the wingnuts who wrote the ban on lightbulbs and Bush signed it. Geepers, at least try to keep up with reality.
    Posted by airborne-rgr[/QUOTE]

How many time do you need to prove my point that Bush was no conservative before YOU get it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thecorrectansweris. Show thecorrectansweris's posts

Put on your bifocals old man.

Rep Fred Upton (R-Mich.) co-wrote the light bulb language in that energy bill with former Rep. Jane Harman, D-Calif

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately? : Ya, whatever... "Our current Energy and Commerce Chairman Mr. Fred Upton (R-Mich.) introduced the bill to set the standards . our former Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) supported it along with many other republicans, and finally President George W. Bush signed these standards into law," noted Rep. Mike Doyle, D-Penn. The energy efficiency law Doyle cites passed the House with more than 300 votes in the House and over 80 in the Senate. Rep Fred Upton (R-Mich.) co-wrote the light bulb language in that energy bill with former Rep. Jane Harman, D-Calif. Action on the BULB Act was seen by some as a concession to the loser of the Energy and Commerce Chairmanship, Rep. Joe Barton, R-Texas , who highlighted Upton's light legislation during their leadership contest last year. Barton (R) has since thanked Upton (R) for taking action on the proposal. Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/07/12/house-turns-out-lights-bulb-ban#ixzz1jktAmWRh

Who cares what their party affiliation is?  Apparently, simple minds like you.

Republicans and democrats all lean progressive in some from or another.  This is proof.

That is why we need to keep electing TEA party candidates to stop this nonsense, AND to make the world safe for people who otherwise could be making their own decisions in life, i.e without government telling us whatlight bulbs to buy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately? : Read what's on the screen moron. Mr. Fred Upton (R-Mich.) introduced the bill to set the standards .

Amazing.  are you really arguing WHICH progressive wrote the bill?  Talk about being at the train station when your ship comes in.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thecorrectansweris. Show thecorrectansweris's posts

I am reading what you posted.

it was
    the wingnuts who wrote the ban

Rep Fred Upton (R-Mich.) co-wrote the light bulb language in that energy bill with former
    Rep. Jane Harman, D-Calif

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately? : You're right! And here's proof! The Tea Party For Obama. “The Tea Party for Obama is a group of fellow citizens like yourself, that have come to the conclusion that the conservatives in our land are incompetent and weak, and therefore, our only alternative is to back our President and embrace the hope and change he plans for our great nation.” http://teapartyforobama.com/

Strange that they are upset that Huntsman is out.  Hey, wait a minute...this isn't a real site is it????  Man, you had me going there!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately? : BWAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Reality is just too hard for you, isn't it?

You lack a sense of humor.  I'll let you in on it:  I was poking fun at the site, as some here actually think it is really a TEA party site.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]Why would anyone be upset with huntsman out?
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

...said the person who voted for Bush twice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not, it gives Romney the runaway.
    Posted by thecorrectansweris[/QUOTE]

The left was, because, like McCain, Huntsman was a Republican they could vote for, but in reality wouldn't.  It is the progressive man's burden, identifying the candidate we should vote for based on their warped perceptions of our views.  Remarkably, that candidate is always someone socially liberal and at odds with the Republican party.  go figure.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]Sarah Palin throws some support behind Newt.  Palin says if she were voting in S.C. she would vote for Newt. Skeeter must be all upset that his gf is not backing his pony.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

...said the supposed Bush voter.

But, she is.  Gingrich as my pony, the best out of a bad set of choices.  I do not like Gingrich's perspective on capitalism, but he is winning me back.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately? : The fact that YOU vote for those same candidates and then turn around and call them 'Socially liberal' and then try and blame everyone else for your stupidity is hilarious. Geez, man up, grab your balls and take some responsibility for once in your life.

Really?  I admit I voted for McCain, but I was clearly part of the get drunk and vote McCain group.  However, you voted for Obama, who is in the process of destroying our economy, limiting our freedom, and lessening our safety. 

How's that working out for you?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE] However, you voted for Obama, who is in the process of destroying our economy, limiting our freedom, and lessening our safety.  Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

None of that is true.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately? : I'm only enamored to the point where she irritates you liberals, so my guess is she is spending the "campaign contributions" on big gas guzzling SUV's, incandescent light bulbs, toilets that need five or more gallons per flush, you know, all the things that liberals think we need to stamp out in society by enacting laws to prevent the manufacture of these things. (think about that:  LAWS making iit illegal to make a light bulb.  have we lost it or what?).
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

Incandescents are literally 19th-century technology.  We can do better.

We phased out gas lighting in the exact same manner.

Get with the times, gramps...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately? : None of that is true.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

Sure it is.  I could say so much here, but let me focus on some key points.

We are less wealthy as individuals.  Obama has flooded the economy with paper money, which has no real value.  He is financing expenditures by printing money.  Extremely inflationary and it devalues whatever money we as individuals have saved.  This is a debt we need to pay, individually, through inflation and taxation.

We are less safe.  Obama tucked his tail and ran out of Iraq, doing the same in Afghanistan, and triggered a radical Islamic revolution across Arabia.  His foreign policy is in shambles.  On the home front, he actively is preventing states from securing the borders he will not secure, and interfering with state enforcing federal law. 

We are less free.  Obamacare is the Trojan horse by which the government controls all our finances.  If we can be made to buy Obama-approved health care, we can be made to buy anything. 

Of course, you think all things emanate from a strong elite-led government, so you are probably fine with all this.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately? : Incandescents are literally 19th-century technology.  We can do better. We phased out gas lighting in the exact same manner. Get with the times, gramps...
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

Sure we can do better.  however, let's do it based on the technology, not on the needless outlawing of a product.  If I can afford it, why should I not be able to buy them?  Has our society really gotten to the point that you think we need a law to tell me what kind of lightbulb I can buy?

Geepers, you marxists are just creepy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]Skeeter, why do conservatives such as yourself always seem to advocate for dealing with a problem only once it becomes a catastrophe? Pssssshhh..those evil liberals who want to make sure we do not run out of fresh water for drinking and farming. Let's just wait until every aquifer runs dry and we have a massive agricultural crisis to worry about how much water we use! Do you ever ask yourself....
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from thecorrectansweris. Show thecorrectansweris's posts

Mr Intelligent resorts to copying and pasting. Don't look now but your inner imbecile is showing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately? : Sure it is.  I could say so much here, but let me focus on some key points. We are less wealthy as individuals.  Obama has flooded the economy with paper money, which has no real value.  He is financing expenditures by printing money.  Extremely inflationary and it devalues whatever money we as individuals have saved.  This is a debt we need to pay, individually, through inflation and taxation. We are less safe.  Obama tucked his tail and ran out of Iraq, doing the same in Afghanistan, and triggered a radical Islamic revolution across Arabia.  His foreign policy is in shambles.  On the home front, he actively is preventing states from securing the borders he will not secure, and interfering with state enforcing federal law.  We are less free.  Obamacare is the Trojan horse by which the government controls all our finances.  If we can be made to buy Obama-approved health care, we can be made to buy anything.  Of course, you think all things emanate from a strong elite-led government, so you are probably fine with all this.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

None of your loaded terms are valid, so I'll take up those that can be qualified:

The economy has been trending up since early 2009.  Inflation is steady.  The Fed controls monetary policy and would have taken the same steps regardless of who was president.

We have not been attacked on Obama's watch.  This was the standard for Bush "keeping us safe" in 2008.  Al Qaeda is decimated and several of their leaders are dead, including bin Laden.  Your readings of his foreign policy are just wrong.

Define "less free".  Aside from money, which has nothing at all to do with freedom, in what ways are you less able to live your life as you see fit...??  AND, what, if any, of that has to do with Obama, whom you're still free to disagree with and vote against in November...??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately? : Here is an attempt to sort it out: The Fed has been buying bonds since early 2009. When a private investor buys bonds, the investor uses cash or sells some existing asset to raise cash and uses that money to buy bonds. The investor might also borrow money from a bank and use the borrowed funds to buy securities on margin. The Fed can do something else. It has the power to electronically credit money to the bank accounts of sellers who in turn sell government securities or mortgage backed securities to the Fed. The banks get the money and the Fed gets the securities. The Fed isn’t literally printing $100 dollar bills when it does this. But it is creating money, electronically, that wasn’t in the financial system before. In that sense, it is printing money. But as Mr. Bernanke has been trying to emphasize lately — perhaps clumsily — most of the money that the Fed has created isn’t circulating much through the financial system. It’s mostly sitting idly, often in deposits — also known as reserves — that banks keep with the Fed itself. Broader measures of the money supply haven’t grown that much because the money isn’t being lent on. Since January 2008, the amount of Federal Reserve notes, i.e. currency, in circulation has increased 18%, to $980 billion. During the same stretch, the reserves banks keep with the Fed has increased more than 30-fold to $995 billion from $33 billion. Meantime, in the 12 months between November 2009 and November 2010, M2 money supply, a broad measure of money including bank deposits, retail money market fund deposits and other measures of short-term money, are up just 3.3%. The Fed chairman seems to be trying to emphasize two points: 1) The Fed isn’t literally printing money; and 2) The money that it is creating isn’t flooding through the financial system in a way that would be inflationary. Mr. Bernanke might be a little sensitive about the first point. Critics have called him “Helicopter Ben” ever since he cited Milton Friedman in a November 2002 speech saying that in a crisis the Fed could flood the economy with money to avoid deflation, as if it were dropping bills from helicopters. Ironically, it was Friedman, not Bernanke, who came up with the helicopter analogy. But Mr. Bernanke is the one who got stuck with the reputation as a serial money dropper. He’s trying to shoot down the idea by saying, “Hey, I’m not actually printing money.” More broadly, the chairman is trying to dispel the worry that the Fed is sowing the seeds of an inflationary mess by flooding the system with so much cash. The point is that there’s not as much money out there as you might think. Mr. Bernanke and his colleagues are also confident they can soak it up when needed. One way the Fed plans to do this is by paying banks interest on the reserves they keep with it. It only pays 0.25% now. If the economy heats up, it can increase that rate and keep all of those reserve from being lent too aggressively and overheating the economy. (We’re a long way from that moment.) Reassuring the public on that point is important because if people begin to expect a lot more inflation, it could become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Unfortunately for the Fed chairman, instead of clarifying, he has confused the issue by failing to flesh out the distinction in more detail.   http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2010/12/22/is-the-fed-printing-money/
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

Bernake can soak up the money?  Remember, you are talking about the perosn who missedthe housing bubble and the stock market crash.

However, don't get too hung up on that one point.  We are also poorer because Obama is borrowing an unbeleivable amount of money.  I mean, an incredible amount of money.  Trillions beyond what we collect every year.  That's not money that is sitting there, that's money that is gone.  The only thing left is the bill.
    Is Bernake going to soak that up as well?