So what has Sarah Palin done lately?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately?

In Response to Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately?:
    [QUOTE]I saw a post by ZenArcher here. Icon had a white background, black circle-like symbol in center. Uh oh. Am I now merged with this amoeba-like creature?
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

I thought you might recognize my husband's avatar. It is an Enzo Circle. He has studied Buddhism. Hence his username.

I see your name on books I am reading. "Zen and the Art of Archery" must have come your way. 

Gee, I know an Enzo Circle it is not as interesting as a baseball, but we all cannot be that creative. 

He also has a nice photo gallery of the guitars he owns. Again, not as interesting the baseball BDC provides, but each to his own.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately? : Sorry, but it's very hard to take you seriously.  You do amuse me, though. But you DO have a real tendency not to think critically before hitting that "submit" button; else, half the things you say would never see daylight.  It hurts your credibility.  Your 'point-of-view' is not your problem; it's your muddled logic and lack of presentation and foresight that renders your 'jokes' flat and your arguments moot.  I'm just being honest.   And I don't work in a college, although I have taught various classes.  Both my feet are firmly in the corporate private sector, so you're wrong yet AGAIN.  (See? credibility...)  
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

Nothgn wrong with my logic.  It must be your comprehension skills.

Hey, take a look athis on critical thinking:

"But critical thinking today has reached the point of the Euro: in need of some serious revision. As Greece may need to go back on the drachma, the American liberal-arts college may need to get back on the trivium. The intellectual profligacy of our time is the use of the term “critical thinking” as a rubric for the application of cookie-cutter ideologies. When the term is employed on many college campuses, at least in the humanities, it often stands for a shallow and reductionist formula that refers to almost all forms of cultural expression as masks of power or hierarchy, and that finds themes of race, class, and gender are the most important elements in this masquerade."

In other words, it's bull-hockey liberals hide behind.

Whole article here.

http://www.nas.org/polArticles.cfm?doctype_code=Article&doc_id=2354

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately? : Nothgn wrong with my logic.  It must be your comprehension skills. Hey, take a look athis on critical thinking: "But critical thinking today has reached the point of the Euro: in need of some serious revision. As Greece may need to go back on the drachma, the American liberal-arts college may need to get back on the trivium. The intellectual profligacy of our time is the use of the term “critical thinking” as a rubric for the application of cookie-cutter ideologies. When the term is employed on many college campuses, at least in the humanities, it often stands for a shallow and reductionist formula that refers to almost all forms of cultural expression as masks of power or hierarchy, and that finds themes of race, class, and gender are the most important elements in this masquerade." In other words, it's bull-hockey liberals hide behind. Whole article here. http://www.nas.org/polArticles.cfm?doctype_code=Article&doc_id=2354
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

No, it's your logic.  My comprehension is fairly acute, as I've amply demonstrated here.

The article is just didactics and not specific to right- or left-leaning arguments.  However, I'll re-phrase for your benefit:

Maybe your critical thinking skills are fine but it's your critical writing that really needs help, because your displayed mastery of the latter doesn't really support your expressed claim of the former.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately? : so, where have I made an unjust accusation?  Where have I claimed that you said something you did not? you progressives are just so serious, and so sensitive, and completely hide behind the "critical thinking" defense, which is you way of saying " I'm better than you". Maybe you are. Who knows.

I never said nor claimed anyone or myself is "better".  You're the sensitive one here, taking my "critical thinking" comment to heart.

Here's a test:

Find a viewpoint you disagree with.  Compose your rebuttal, but don't send it.  Wait a while and then look at what you wrote.  If you still want to submit as is, then go for it.  If you need to edit, then you didn't really think it through the first time.

Writing is editing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately? : Oh please. Right there in your post is more of the "credibility" business Matty was talking about. What do I mean? Every time one of your fire-from-the-hip statements is beat up and ground into the dust....you lamely come out with....  "oh, I wasn't being serious." Think about why that defense doesn't get you anywhere even if you win. Keep thinking.... Answer. Two scenarios are possible. You lose in each. 1.  You are telling the truth. Conclusion for reader: Gee, skeeter argues his point for 5 thread pages, and then says he isn't serious. I would be a fool to treat anything he says as a valid poitn, because chances are, he's not being serious but hasn't admitted it yet. 2. You are lying. Conclusion for the reader: Skeeter really was serious about the things he says he wasn't being serious about. Those things were incredibly stupid. Therefore, chances are that other things he says are stupid. Moreover, he lied about being serious, so he may be lying about other things he says. To sum up, your defense leads to two possible conclusions (1) skeeter is a non-serious person to be laughed of, (2) skeeter is a stupid liar. Not really where you want to go, eh?

Wow.  You are wound a bit tight, aren't you?  You're not serious, are you?  arguing my point equals lying?  Man.  Talk about lack of critical thinking.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately? : Well which word is the problem for a true conservative such as yourself? Is it "critical" or is it "thinking"?

See?   I give you some info on critical thinking, and do you respond critically?  No.  You resort to personal attacks and insults.

You can't defend your position, you don't even try.  How "critical " is that?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately? : No, it's your logic.  My comprehension is fairly acute, as I've amply demonstrated here. The article is just didactics and not specific to right- or left-leaning arguments.  However, I'll re-phrase for your benefit:   Maybe your critical thinking skills are fine but it's your critical writing that really needs help, because your displayed mastery of the latter doesn't really support your expressed claim of the former.

No, I'm pretty sure my logig is sound, trust me.  If it is not your comprehension, then you must be willfully blind. 

Yah, my writing could use some work.  That I admit.  However, I make money, not poetry.  I have never found my communication to be an impediment. in my pursuit of money. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately? : I never said nor claimed anyone or myself is "better".  You're the sensitive one here, taking my "critical thinking" comment to heart. Here's a test: Find a viewpoint you disagree with.  Compose your rebuttal, but don't send it.  Wait a while and then look at what you wrote.  If you still want to submit as is, then go for it.  If you need to edit, then you didn't really think it through the first time. Writing is editing.

So condescending.  I'm not sensitive, I'm just stating what I have found to be true in life, that liberal elites hide behind the critical thinking charge when they are unable to muster a defense.

Thanks for your advice, but, like I said, not going to sweat it.  I find plenty of people here get my drift, but apparently not you.  Think you might be the problem?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately? : Hey, you said it yourself. Either you aren't serious (and are thus unworthy of being heard), or, you are lying about not being serious. Crappy defense. Still, why should I care? According to you, you're so weak you'll vote however I tell you to vote (because I'm on "the left", you say)

Tell me who to vote for, because, I'm really undecided.  Should I vote for a candidate who thinks that my entire life's work is some sort of crime against the poor, or some one who wants to encourage me to take my wealth and do good through investment?

Tell, me, I really want to know.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately? : I'm not sure who are you referring to. Which candidates are these?

I'm talking about the dog catcher race in Bristol country.  Isn't that obvious?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately? : I'm talking about the dog catcher race in Bristol country.  Isn't that obvious?

Apparently you need to dumb it down a bit for WDYWN to be able to catch on.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]Well andie Your so called husband has his site blocked as you and the other person rambling on has. The only thing you proved is: it only takes one comment from me to have you respond many times and for new accounts to pop up. Your "husband" invited us to look at his account. He says he commented on articles and implied the new account status is false. Tough to check when controls are set, but I doubt we would see any activity before this thread.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

jackbu:

My account is private because I had/have a stalker. BDC recommened I change my settings to private. They did pull his account but hr opened up a new one. You are surely aware it is very easy to open up new accounts. Esp. where BDC does not block IP addresses. 

I thought my husband's account was open. Of course it looks that way to me. 

If you put in a friendship request to me, and to my husband, and you see we each have full accounts, will you then concede that miscricket is an entirely different person?

We then of course can delete the friendship after you have seen our accounts.

Btw, your account is private I believe. It is not that unusual, is it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately?": Tough to check when you have on your controls. No need to unblock ur controls. The date you opened ur account is correct
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

jackbu:

My husband and I have gone you one better. We have both made our accounts entirely public. No friendship request required.

I hope after you see both our full accounts, you will apologize to all concerning this matter.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Well, back to Sara Palin:

A women who looks great, hunts, fishes, runs, AND tells liberals to pound sand?

What on earth is wrong with this?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to "Re: So what has Sarah Palin done lately?": Tough to check when you have on your controls. No need to unblock ur controls. The date you opened ur account is correct
    Posted by jackbu

Oh, jackbu. Both my account and my husband's account have been completely public for over 24 hours now. Time enough to see we each have a string of BDC friends. Time enough to see we each have pages and pages and pages of commentary. Also time enough to read our messages from other posters.

It is your turn to post. You have accused miscricket, myself and my husband, ZenArcher of all being the same person. We have clearly proved that is not the case. Time for you to retract your accusations. 

If you thought you were going to put me through this and just be quiet afterward, you were not thinking clearly. So, either retract your accusations, or we can have BDC sort it out for us. Does that sound fair to you?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]Well, back to Sara Palin: A women who looks great, hunts, fishes, runs, AND tells liberals to pound sand? What on earth is wrong with this?

...and she can drive a boat!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]I have a new found respect for Ms. Palin.  She takes the shots from people in the media bloggers like me and moves on.  No pages and pages of crying and threats from Ms Palin when someone says one thing. And I always thought she was hot.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

jackbu:

We have unfinished business. My account and my husband's account has been completely public for days. 

About time to retract your accusations and state you stand by them despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]Donald trump is expected to endorse newt. Palin will be the next one to give full support to newt.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

jackbu:

Whether these things happen or not, you have a credibility problem in the forums. Frankly, miscricket and I thought you had left rather than man up and admit your accusations were baseless.

My page and and my husband's page have been public for an entire week jackbu. You know very well by now that we are two different people without question. And you know miscricket is a third person. If someone did this to you you would not walk away. Guess what? Nor am I.

So, please man up and retract your accusations. I know you value your page. I am sure you do not want the moderators, etc., deciding you have personally attacked three posters, been given every chance to retract, and refused.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I saw Sarah on Fox last night.  mmmm.  She was looking good!

Sections
Shortcuts