Social Conservative: What? My son is gay? Well now I think that gay marriage is just DANDY, but let's not make it legal.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re: Social Conservative: What? My son is gay? Well now I think that gay marriage is just DANDY, but let's not make it legal.

"As if we needed any more confirmation that an unfortunately common view amongst the modern conservative is "F everyone but me and my own."

As if we needed any more confirmation that modern liberals are full of blind rage and hate toward those with a different view...

"If he meant what he said, he'd be pushing to repeal DOMA and he'd sign on to the Supreme Court amicus brief. Instead, he hides behind "states rights." Which we know is a lie because with DOMA in place, states CAN'T truly decide for themselves. "

It isnt enough a Republican politician changes his mind; he must support gay marriage by Supreme Court decision, else he is a despicable soulless person who must be shunned by all society. Got it, Mr Fanatic.

Obama has changed positions on gay marriage more than he changes his underwear.
    More contorted positions than yoga:
    no, yes, no, states decision, not states decision, DOMA yes, DOMA no....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Social Conservative: What? My son is gay? Well now I think that gay marriage is just DANDY, but let's not make it legal.

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

Yea, the dems record is just stellar on gay marriage other than writing the ban.

By any other standard, it IS stellar.

Dig it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Obama has changed positions on gay marriage more than he changes his underwear.

Not really true.  But funny how that translated to a huge margin of votes for him on election day, eh?

Did Romney include "them gays" as part of the 47% who just wanted 'gifts'?

Go ahead and let it out.  It must sukkk really bad to be on the wrong side of history.  Again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

Yea, the dems record is just stellar on gay marriage other than writing the ban.

Stellar?  No.  But much, much better than the Republicans who lead the opposition to this right.  And yet you ignore the inherent bigotry of your chosen party and talk about the dems... again and again.  Look to you own house.  It ain't pretty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

As if we needed any more confirmation that modern liberals are full of blind rage and hate toward those with a different view...

Bigotry is not just a "different view".

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Well...DOMA still exists so not sure how the Dems are "much, much better". Both sides suck donkey dick when it comes to gay marriage.

I'm not going to defend a paticular number of uses of "much", but, look at who lead the charge against DADT and 10 USC 654(b). Look at the number of votes from each party.

Sure, some Rs got behind it, but it was Ds leading the way and Ds outnumbered them in taking those provisions down.

Ds are leading the way against DOMA. Did they pass it? Yes. Did Republicans complain? No.

Neither party may be glowing examples of proper action, but it's foolish (and dishonest) to deny that Dems are, in fact, better overall on the question.

Ok...you win at sucking less. Yay!!!

Much, much less.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Well...DOMA still exists so not sure how the Dems are "much, much better". Both sides suck donkey dick when it comes to gay marriage. 

Being late to the party is one thing.

Urinating in the punch bowl and telling people to drink it is a whole different story.

When will GOPers - esp. 'social conservatives' learn to just leave these people alone, already...?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Ok...you win at sucking less. Yay!!!

A low bar, it's true...but a bar nonetheless.

I believe you at your word that you don't oppose equal marriage, but the dissonance from the right on this issue is positively deafening.  Portman was shortlisted for both top two spots just last year.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Portman's just the latest in a long list of "conservatives" that never see the havoc their policies inflict on people's lives until it affects them personally, and sometimes not even then.

It would have been nice if Sen. Portman could have figured this one out with some empathy, but that never happens with the GOP.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Some of the individual reactions at CPAC to Portman's announcement (remember, he was presidential material recently, or so we were told by his gop admirers):

“Horrible!” said Tony Mele, an 88-year-old woman from New Jersey, of Portman’s decision. When told he did so because of his gay son, she responded, “That’s his fault! He gets no sympathy from me.”

A pastor from Georgia, William Temple, told Portman to “quit being so selfish as to only think about his son,” and if he won’t reverse himself, “to step down and go home.”

Another pastor, Rev. Robert Lancia, dismissed Portman’s point that we should treat each other according to the Golden Rule: “That doesn’t cover it.”

One man, David Kern, even said Portman’s son’s choice of college turned him gay. “Well what did Sen. Portman expect when he sent his son to Yale?”

Yup...them small-tent conservatives ain't be no compassionates no more....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

"Let's not be naïve, we're not talking about a simple political battle; it is a destructive pretension against the plan of God. We are not talking about a mere bill, but rather a machination of the Father of Lies (i.e, The Devil) that seeks to confuse and deceive the children of God."

-Pope Francis, on the subject of Argentina's 2010 gay marriage bill.

16. This post has been removed.