Sockpuppets

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

Re: Sockpuppets

How do you know they have multiple, active names?

Ironic that not long ago some here were excoriating posters for trying to divine a posters previous incarnation because this is an anonymous board ... and yet here they are doing that exact same thing, getting all hot and bothered over anonymous posters.

Oh the irony.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Ironic that not long ago some here were excoriating posters for trying to divine a posters previous incarnation because this is an anonymous board ... and yet here they are doing that exact same thing, getting all hot and bothered over anonymous posters.

I just like to know who I'm actively ignoring.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to WhatNowDoYouWant's comment:

And then there are the people who - despite this being anonymous as to real identity - who get banned, start posting under a new handle, and refuse to admit who they were before.

It's painfully obvious who these people are because they inevitably fall back into using the same phrasing, the same quips, the same sentence/paragraph structure, and so on. And they're anonymous whether or not we know who their old handle was.

"Bizzaro, Bizzaro, Bizzaro"

Not every poster who comes back has made it clear who they were. Off the top of my head there is "BDCMassGuy and "babytut".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

I just like to know who I'm actively ignoring.

Think for yourself, question authority.

Yes, it is too bad the "IGNORE X" function cannot transfer to the new screen name of a poster.

That would save you the time of having to figure out the poster you were actively ignoring is back, under what name and put him/her under "IGNORE X".

Of course you could also share the info with the rest of us and save us the time of figuring out if a new poster is really new or a banned poster come back as X,Y or Z.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

In response to high-road's comment:

How do you know they have multiple, active names?

Oh the irony.

Not sure where you are going with this.... I don't recall ever having a conversation with you. Perhaps you could enlighten me as to your former name.

I posted it in another thread and both WDYWN and Stalker have mentioned it.

Airborne/12 Angrymen

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMassGuy. Show BDCMassGuy's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

And then there are the people who - despite this being anonymous as to real identity - who get banned, start posting under a new handle, and refuse to admit who they were before.

It's painfully obvious who these people are because they inevitably fall back into using the same phrasing, the same quips, the same sentence/paragraph structure, and so on. And they're anonymous whether or not we know who their old handle was.

"Bizzaro, Bizzaro, Bizzaro"

Not every poster who comes back has made it clear who they were. Off the top of my head there is "BDCMassGuy and "babytut".

maybe you should worry about you own sock puppets and not who I am. How many accounts you got going right now?4?5?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMassGuy. Show BDCMassGuy's posts

In addition:

ronreaganfan (almost certainly skeeter; lesser possibility tvoter)

HansoriBrother (newtster, or genuinely new)

babytut (jmel a strong possibility, not perfect match)

BDCMassGuy

you forgot sprague- the drama queens imaginary little friend

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

andie...

The only reason I brought this topic up, was because jackbu/steven11/onemoreminute called me out. Be aware andie....I'm not joking and I know those are his three names.

You asked me to back off on Spidey .....I am asking you to believe me when I tell you this. Why would a normal person feel the need to have two different names on one thread? Do you think that is something normal?

I would have more respect for jack if he could stop playing these silly games. He should know by now it doesn't take me long to figure out when he is messing with me. I love a good challenge, but he's too easy :-)

Heh. I know you are dead serious. I also know you are really good at this and you are probably correct given your track record. I also know what it is like to have a poster on my back.

On the thread we talked about it, I gave my honest opinion of steven11. I had been avoiding him because you had at least twice said he was jackbu and I thought it would be best to avoid him. But his posts were so good I decided to reply to one and everything was fine. As I said, just like you, I do not hold grudges so even if he is jack, I do not care. steven11 is a fine poster and has been more than civil to me.

As for posters with multiple active accounts I do not know why anyone does that. I have enough trouble with one. You have seen that when I reply to the wrong poster. It means I am tired and need to rest. I have skimmed the Sox forum and there are some people accusing others of having up to 5 active accounts.

In this forum I remember when this issue came up the consensus was who cares for those who weighed in. Ironically that was when jack accused me of being miscricket as well and therefore having 2 active accounts.

I am sorry if it is bothering you. You are one of my models for letting everything here just roll off your back though sometimes I do think you do get ticked off. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Hansori brother used to be called hanson brother till they nixed him. Not new.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to BDCMassGuy's comment:

In addition:

ronreaganfan (almost certainly skeeter; lesser possibility tvoter)

HansoriBrother (newtster, or genuinely new)

babytut (jmel a strong possibility, not perfect match)

BDCMassGuy

you forgot sprague- the drama queens imaginary little friend

But he did not forget you, did he.
    sprague has come and gone...not seen for quite awhile.

But here you are and nobody knows who you are/were. You are the only one without even the strong guesses.

What are you hiding? What is so bad about who you were?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

I am sorry if it is bothering you. You are one of my models for letting everything here just roll off your back though sometimes I do think you do get ticked off.

It only bothers me to the point that he thinks he is pulling a fast one. This will roll too will roll off my back, as everything else jack has pulled over the years does. I never get ticked off.

You might want to think twice about who that poster is on your back.

Warning heeded soxchamps.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

In response to BilltheKat's comment:
    Hansori brother used to be called hanson brother till they nixed him. Not new.

When was this hanson brother around?

(Newtster disappeared much longer ago than the others, if memory serves)

I thought newtster was CLC

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I don't know why people create multiple accounts, etc. I am sure they have their reasons..whatever they may be.

I do know this though...I could care less how many accounts someone has. I remember on the old Fox25 site there was one poster who had twelve different account......TWELVE!. I know this for a fact because one day he confessed and listed out all of his accounts. This was a real eyeopener for me because I didn't even recognize half of them...but when I clicked on their histories, they were clearly active. They just never showed up on my radar.

I think too much energy can be expended on internet wars and trying to figure out who is who. Posters who use more than one account and post with substance are easy enough to spot. For example....I know with a very high degree of certainty that Skeeter is still among us..as is Bobin.

My point is who cares? I didn't even care when some crazy poster created an account called MrCricket. I can be very...very good at ignoring people and if a person is not worth engaging..then they don't even show up on my radar.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

I don't know why people create multiple accounts, etc. I am sure they have their reasons..whatever they may be.

I do know this though...I could care less how many accounts someone has. I remember on the old Fox25 site there was one poster who had twelve different account......TWELVE!. I know this for a fact because one day he confessed and listed out all of his accounts. This was a real eyeopener for me because I didn't even recognize half of them...but when I clicked on their histories, they were clearly active. They just never showed up on my radar.

I think too much energy can be expended on internet wars and trying to figure out who is who. Posters who use more than one account and post with substance are easy enough to spot. For example....I know with a very high degree of certainty that Skeeter is still among us..as is Bobin.

My point is who cares? I didn't even care when some crazy poster created an account called MrCricket. I can be very...very good at ignoring people and if a person is not worth engaging..then they don't even show up on my radar.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

Great points.... my only issue is when jackbu says he is ignoring me, then engages me with one of his puppets. Why not just respond as one? Fox25 is where his little game began. I have no problem with someone coming back with a new name, most are easy to figure out..... but seriously two or three names talking to each other, or responding on the same thread is nuts.

I choose not to ignore, I'll be upfront and deal with it head on. But that's my choice.

I guess maybe I should look at who I am dealing with, anyone that needs more than two names here...or the twelve he had on the fox25 site has got to be a few sandwiches short of a picnic basket.

I wonder what ever happened the guy with the 12 accounts...Kevin something from Lynn...?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

CLC = BobinVa

Maybe he got tired of being called bobbin.  I think He's much more disturbing as CLC.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I thought the point of having multiple accounts was to post several times on the same thread to make it look like their point had support.  The only other reason I can think of is because they were banned under one account and had to set up another.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

"I guess maybe I should look at who I am dealing with, anyone that needs more than two names here...or the twelve he had on the fox25 site has got to be a few sandwiches short of a picnic basket."

I have never heard this saying. It is pretty funny. Right up there with all the other one that basically mean the same thing.

Remember when you said that if you look at the forum the right way, it is pretty hysterical. Well I am looking now. Some fairly intelligent people are expending time and energy trying to figure who who some anonymous posters are. Like you said...WoW...jackbu and you are agreeing on something...you would like to hit him in the privates with a baseball bat...jed now likes to poke me whenever he can over a 3rd person versus wishing me a special Happy New Years's this Year...etc.

Today I can see how hysterical our little forum really is. It is kind of like one of those afternoon or evening soaps. Or maybe kind of like the Real Housewives series. "The Real Political Posters of Boston.Com.".

That was great advice you gave me. Took this long for it to really go Ding!!! Thanks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

I thought the point of having multiple accounts was to post several times on the same thread to make it look like their point had support.  The only other reason I can think of is because they were banned under one account and had to set up another.

In the Article comments of BDC, I know posters set up multiple accounts so they would have multiple abuse buttons to use on posters they did not like.

Remember when messages could be public as well as private. Lots of posters had their messages on public. That is where I read that on more that one account that certain posters were doing that though it was not too smart to put it on a public message of course.

This was the time, at least in the Articles, when a lot of posters were whining about the upcoming paywall.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

CLC = BobinVa

Maybe he got tired of being called bobbin.  I think He's much more disturbing as CLC.

They're all one-in-the-same ...right?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

Remember when you said that if you look at the forum the right way, it is pretty hysterical. Well I am looking now. Some fairly intelligent people are expending time and energy trying to figure who who some anonymous posters are. Like you said...WoW...jackbu and you are agreeing on something...you would like to hit him in the privates with a baseball bat...jed now likes to poke me whenever he can over a 3rd person versus wishing me a special Happy New Years's this Year...etc.

I never said I'd like to hit him in the privates.... I said I was biting my tongue on the previous comment.

I do hope you keep that same outlook if or when a difference may arise.

I know you said you were biting your tongue soxchamps. Sorry for misquoting you.

As for this.

"you forgot sprague- the drama queens imaginary little friend

Somethings continually go over someone's head. SMH."

You need not shake your head. It did not go over my head. I ignored it. I am not as good at guessing who people really are as you are, but I know I have a pretty ugly history with this poster that goes back to 2011 in the Articles. He does not deserve a response from me as long as he keeps his identity so secret.

History tells us that of course a change will come. I will try very hard to keep this outlook. It is not that things are that cheery now, but today just seemed good. My "Elizabeth Warren" thread went very well, your "Sockpuppets" thread was interesting" and if steven11 is jack I know for sure I do not bear an iota of grudge though jack pushed a lot of buttons when he was doing it. It is not the first time I have had a 180 with a poster but it has been awhile and it came out of the blue. steven11 seems in tune with my beliefs and again, I think he is a good poster. Very good. This forum is supposed to be fun. It is fun to post with good posters. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

I'll come clean.  I was Username99 before I became Username9

• Sections
    Shortcuts