Sockpuppets

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: Sockpuppets

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

Where do you stand when someone feels the need to use multiple screen names to get their point across?

I know we are all not going to agree here, but does someone really have to have more than one name on a thread to make a point?

I'm not going to take someone seriously that feels the need to do this. I find it a pathetic way to communicate.

BDC does seem to have quite a few of these types of people. Not sure whether these people are psychopaths or just lonely sad people.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

How do you know they have multiple, active names?

Ironic that not long ago some here were excoriating posters for trying to divine a posters previous incarnation because this is an anonymous board ... and yet here they are doing that exact same thing, getting all hot and bothered over anonymous posters.

Oh the irony.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

BDC does seem to have quite a few of these types of people. Not sure whether these people are psychopaths or just lonely sad people.

I don't understand the point of it. Nor do I understand the time and energy it takes to carry on with multiple names ......why bother??? Are they really that sad and lonely, or is it more that they only want their point to get across?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to high-road's comment:

Steven11/jackbu/onemoreminute were not hard to figure out. He has been a thorn in my side for years, and instead of handling this one on one, he has the constant need to create his puppets.

Ask him .....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to WhatNowDoYouWant's comment:

I feel conflicted as to whether they require a therapist or a baseball bat to the nads.

I'll bite my tongue on what my reply would be. :-)

And then there are the people who - despite this being anonymous as to real identity - who get banned, start posting under a new handle, and refuse to admit who they were before.

It's painfully obvious who these people are because they inevitably fall back into using the same phrasing, the same quips, the same sentence/paragraph structure, and so on. And they're anonymous whether or not we know who their old handle was.

"Bizzaro, Bizzaro, Bizzaro"

If I get banned,  I always make it a point to let my new name be known. I have nothing to hide. Plus I'm no good at pretending.... I'll never pretend to be smart, I know I can't hold a candle to the majority of you here.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

And then there are the people who - despite this being anonymous as to real identity - who get banned, start posting under a new handle, and refuse to admit who they were before.

It's painfully obvious who these people are because they inevitably fall back into using the same phrasing, the same quips, the same sentence/paragraph structure, and so on. And they're anonymous whether or not we know who their old handle was.

If I get banned,  I always make it a point to let my new name be known. I have nothing to hide. Plus I'm no good at pretending.... I'll never pretend to be smart, I know I can't hold a candle to the majority of you here.

I've done the same in regards to letting everyone know who I was when I came back with a new name. Don't see the point in trying to hide it. 12-angry always goes through that period when he comes back with a new name where he denies it's him. Of course it's painfully obvious to everyone who he is.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Ironic that not long ago some here were excoriating posters for trying to divine a posters previous incarnation because this is an anonymous board ... and yet here they are doing that exact same thing, getting all hot and bothered over anonymous posters.

I just like to know who I'm actively ignoring.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Not every poster who comes back has made it clear who they were. Off the top of my head there is "BDCMassGuy and "babytut".

Oh the irony.

Not sure where you are going with this.... I don't recall ever having a conversation with you. Perhaps you could enlighten me as to your former name.

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

I just like to know who I'm actively ignoring.

Think for yourself, question authority.

Yes, it is too bad the "IGNORE X" function cannot transfer to the new screen name of a poster.

That would save you the time of having to figure out the poster you were actively ignoring is back, under what name and put him/her under "IGNORE X".

Of course you could also share the info with the rest of us and save us the time of figuring out if a new poster is really new or a banned poster come back as X,Y or Z.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

Oh the irony.

Not sure where you are going with this.... I don't recall ever having a conversation with you. Perhaps you could enlighten me as to your former name.

I posted it in another thread and both WDYWN and Stalker have mentioned it.

Airborne/12 Angrymen

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMassGuy. Show BDCMassGuy's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

Not every poster who comes back has made it clear who they were. Off the top of my head there is "BDCMassGuy and "babytut".

maybe you should worry about you own sock puppets and not who I am. How many accounts you got going right now?4?5?

andie...

The only reason I brought this topic up, was because jackbu/steven11/onemoreminute called me out. Be aware andie....I'm not joking and I know those are his three names.

You asked me to back off on Spidey .....I am asking you to believe me when I tell you this. Why would a normal person feel the need to have two different names on one thread? Do you think that is something normal?

I would have more respect for jack if he could stop playing these silly games. He should know by now it doesn't take me long to figure out when he is messing with me. I love a good challenge, but he's too easy :-)

[/QUOTE]

I posted it in another thread and both WDYWN and Stalker have mentioned it.

Airborne/12 Angrymen

[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I missed that mention. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMassGuy. Show BDCMassGuy's posts

In addition:

ronreaganfan (almost certainly skeeter; lesser possibility tvoter)

HansoriBrother (newtster, or genuinely new)

babytut (jmel a strong possibility, not perfect match)

BDCMassGuy

you forgot sprague- the drama queens imaginary little friend

andie...

The only reason I brought this topic up, was because jackbu/steven11/onemoreminute called me out. Be aware andie....I'm not joking and I know those are his three names.

You asked me to back off on Spidey .....I am asking you to believe me when I tell you this. Why would a normal person feel the need to have two different names on one thread? Do you think that is something normal?

I would have more respect for jack if he could stop playing these silly games. He should know by now it doesn't take me long to figure out when he is messing with me. I love a good challenge, but he's too easy :-)

Heh. I know you are dead serious. I also know you are really good at this and you are probably correct given your track record. I also know what it is like to have a poster on my back.

On the thread we talked about it, I gave my honest opinion of steven11. I had been avoiding him because you had at least twice said he was jackbu and I thought it would be best to avoid him. But his posts were so good I decided to reply to one and everything was fine. As I said, just like you, I do not hold grudges so even if he is jack, I do not care. steven11 is a fine poster and has been more than civil to me.

As for posters with multiple active accounts I do not know why anyone does that. I have enough trouble with one. You have seen that when I reply to the wrong poster. It means I am tired and need to rest. I have skimmed the Sox forum and there are some people accusing others of having up to 5 active accounts.

In this forum I remember when this issue came up the consensus was who cares for those who weighed in. Ironically that was when jack accused me of being miscricket as well and therefore having 2 active accounts.

I am sorry if it is bothering you. You are one of my models for letting everything here just roll off your back though sometimes I do think you do get ticked off. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Hansori brother used to be called hanson brother till they nixed him. Not new.

I am sorry if it is bothering you. You are one of my models for letting everything here just roll off your back though sometimes I do think you do get ticked off.

It only bothers me to the point that he thinks he is pulling a fast one. This will roll too will roll off my back, as everything else jack has pulled over the years does. I never get ticked off.

You might want to think twice about who that poster is on your back.

In response to BDCMassGuy's comment:

In addition:

ronreaganfan (almost certainly skeeter; lesser possibility tvoter)

HansoriBrother (newtster, or genuinely new)

babytut (jmel a strong possibility, not perfect match)

BDCMassGuy

you forgot sprague- the drama queens imaginary little friend

But he did not forget you, did he.
    sprague has come and gone...not seen for quite awhile.

But here you are and nobody knows who you are/were. You are the only one without even the strong guesses.

What are you hiding? What is so bad about who you were?

It only bothers me to the point that he thinks he is pulling a fast one. This will roll too will roll off my back, as everything else jack has pulled over the years does. I never get ticked off.

You might want to think twice about who that poster is on your back.

Warning heeded soxchamps.

• Sections
    Shortcuts