Some of the dumberererer social conservative arguments against gay-marriage, and the brain-damaged who made them

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Re: Some of the dumberererer social conservative arguments against gay-marriage, and the brain-damaged who made them

The reasons why I don't care about people of the same sex who want to get married.

It's none of my business what you do in the privacy of your home.

If you want to enter into a contract with another consenting adult that is regulated by the courts and binding then this is none of my business.

Gay couples are generally educated, employed people who pay taxes.....I look favorably upon anyone that I don't have to support.

There are a lot of things gay people generally aren't associated with:

Drive by shootings.  Gang violence.  Having multiple children out of wedlock that I have to support.  Dropping out of school. Being unemployed.  Widespread drug abuse.  Suicide bombings.

Think about it....gay people are among the lowest maintenance highest contributing people in our country.  We have bigger problems in our country than limiting the ability of tax paying, law abiding citizens from entering into a contract together.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Some of the dumberererer social conservative arguments against gay-marriage, and the brain-damaged who made them

In response to macnh1's comment:

Think about it....gay people are among the lowest maintenance highest contributing people in our country.  We have bigger problems in our country than limiting the ability of tax paying, law abiding citizens from entering into a contract together.

They also have the fewest abortions.  Another win for the true conservative.  I've always argued that SSM is a conservative issue at heart.  Glad to see some folks come around.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

They also have the fewest abortions.  Another win for the true conservative.  I've always argued that SSM is a conservative issue at heart.  Glad to see some folks come around.

yes low abortion rates are good no matter what side of the argument you are on...another topic you and I agree on by the way...all these years of Obama I think are bringing us closer together....but the real question is....what percenatage of alternative lifestyle tax paying, law abiding people own guns???  I think the number is higher than you think, lower than I'd like....but I have faith....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

but the real question is....what percenatage of alternative lifestyle tax paying, law abiding people own guns???  I think the number is higher than you think, lower than I'd like....but I have faith....

I'll consider it...ummm... 'evolving'...

Are you asking how many gay folks own guns?  I have no idea.  Not sure why it applies here.

I'm an alleged liberal...living in a deep blue state...and I own guns...albeit hetero.  A couple of gay friends have guns.  Most others - gay and straight - don't (that I know of).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

yes low abortion rates are good no matter what side of the argument you are on...another topic you and I agree on by the way...all these years of Obama I think are bringing us closer together....but the real question is....what percenatage of alternative lifestyle tax paying, law abiding people own guns???  I think the number is higher than you think, lower than I'd like....but I have faith....

There are some gay gun rights advocacy groups out there, Pink Pistols, for example.  I would think there is synergy between gun ownership and homosexuality.  People own guns for defense (among other things) and homosexuals are targets for violence simply because they are gay, so I would imagine there are many homosexuals who own guns. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

People own guns for defense (among other things) and homosexuals are targets for violence simply because they are gay, so I would imagine there are many homosexuals who own guns. 

People with relative wealth are targets of violence because they have relative wealth so, I would imagine they are many who own guns.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I think these are comments made from a place of fear and misunderstanding. Since DOMA was put in place...society's attitudes towards gay marriage has changed drastically. I can't wait to see what the SCOTUS ruling will be.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Newtster's comment:

First of all, I have no problem with gay marriage. None. We've had it here for how long? A couple of years? Can't say I see anything different than before, other than there are more people eligible to get married if they want and to get divorced and be pretty much the same as everyone else that can get married.

All that aside, can't you see that this argument based on equality opens up the discussion for more classes of people on the same basis? And how can you say no without applying some standard that violates a standard of equality?

Personally, I don't think government should get involved in sanctifying marriages or treating people differently because they are married.

That's the bottom line. 

Look, the gay marriage crowd has made a compelling argument that, lacking data, and if you avoid any substantive moral discussion, and stick to a legalistic access agrument, their point prevails.  So, I'm with them up to that point.  However, I think the jury is still out on gay adoption, and perhaps other issues. 

But, as long as the argument is allowed to be framed as strickly a contractual/legalistic argument, they win, as will the polygamists, and perhaps some other relationship oddities.

That being said, I see this becoming an "access" issue into churches.  What does the church do the first time they get sued for not being willing to conduct a gay marriage?

I think the only logical place to go from here is to take the concept of marriage ot of the hands of the government.  Everyone have only individual rights, there needs to be no recognition whatsoever of joint rights that are not spelled out in the marriage contract.  Reduce it to a business decison, not a social/cultural one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Only 7 Senate Dems are still holding out. Now, two Senate Republicans are for gay marriage.

Is the wall finally cracking?

Republican Sen. Rob Portman now has company: Sen. Mark Kirk, an Illinois Republican who recently returned to work after suffering a stroke, today became the second GOP senator to come out in favor of gay marriage. Here's his full statement:

"When I climbed the Capitol steps in January, I promised myself that I would return to the Senate with an open mind and greater respect for others. Same-sex couples should have the right to civil marriage. Our time on this Earth is limited, I know that better than most. Life comes down to who you love and who loves you back—government has no place in the middle."

Kirk and Portman are the only two Senate Republicans to publicly back same-sex marriage. A third, Alaska's Lisa Murkowski, however, recently suggested that she's still "evolving" on the issue. On the other side of the aisle, meanwhile, there are only seven remaining Democratic senators who have yet to voice their support for allowing gays and lesbians to walk down the aisle.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/04/02/mark_kirk_joins_rob_portman_as_only_gop_senators_to_back_gay_marriage.html

The wall is definitely cracking.  what we don't know is what is behind the wall.

And politicians are not "evovling" , they are polling.

I am fine with people doing whatever they want.  where I draw the line is people forcing others to affirm their choices.  Like the constant suing of bakeries not willing to make wedding cakes for gays, the church in South Carolina (I think it is there) that is being sued for not being willing to marry a gay couple, and so on. 

that's where the rubber meets the road.  Do what you want, but don't make celebrate your diversity with you.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Only 7 Senate Dems are still holding out. Now, two Senate Republicans are for gay marriage.

Is the wall finally cracking?

Republican Sen. Rob Portman now has company: Sen. Mark Kirk, an Illinois Republican who recently returned to work after suffering a stroke, today became the second GOP senator to come out in favor of gay marriage. Here's his full statement:

"When I climbed the Capitol steps in January, I promised myself that I would return to the Senate with an open mind and greater respect for others. Same-sex couples should have the right to civil marriage. Our time on this Earth is limited, I know that better than most. Life comes down to who you love and who loves you back—government has no place in the middle."

Kirk and Portman are the only two Senate Republicans to publicly back same-sex marriage. A third, Alaska's Lisa Murkowski, however, recently suggested that she's still "evolving" on the issue. On the other side of the aisle, meanwhile, there are only seven remaining Democratic senators who have yet to voice their support for allowing gays and lesbians to walk down the aisle.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/04/02/mark_kirk_joins_rob_portman_as_only_gop_senators_to_back_gay_marriage.html

The wall is definitely cracking.  what we don't know is what is behind the wall.

And politicians are not "evovling" , they are polling.

I am fine with people doing whatever they want.  where I draw the line is people forcing others to affirm their choices.  Like the constant suing of bakeries not willing to make wedding cakes for gays, the church in South Carolina (I think it is there) that is being sued for not being willing to marry a gay couple, and so on. 

that's where the rubber meets the road.  Do what you want, but don't make celebrate your diversity with you.

Nobody is asking you to celebrate. Most likely, you're not even invited. You're really not that bright, are you?

I'm gearing up to celebrate diveristy, and now you tell me I'm not invited? Sheesh.

And, yes.  When Gay Marriage is legalized, you are forcing those who disagree to "celebrate diversity".  That's the whole point of this progressive idea to legalize gay marriage.

But, I guess the left isn't really interested in diversity.  If they were, they would be interested in my point of view as well.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

what we don't know is what is behind the wall

You live in Massachusetts, right?

Do what you want, but don't make celebrate your diversity with you.

Then start working to get government out of marriage entirely. Taxes, benefits, the whole kaboodle.

where I draw the line is people forcing others to affirm their choices.

The classic inversion of a bigot. You are forcing others to affirm your choice of hating gay people by demanding that government deny them the right to marry.

Well, no.  Nice try on mangling all my points.  There is no talking to you.  After all, you claim there is no harm due to gay marriage, yet it has only been around for a few years.  Compare this  to actual marriage, you know, without a preceding qualifier, of thousands of years, plenty of data.

I think we wil ljust have to wait a few thousand years to see how your grand experiment turns out.

BTW:  I don't hate gay people.  That's your weakness in argument coming through.  Anyone who hates OBama is a racist, and anyone not for gay marriage is a bigot.  Childish, really.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

gay married people buy houses, make lots of money, pay lots of taxes and typically have no kids in the school system yet pay lots of property taxes....gay marriage is good for the tax base and good for the economy....

if gay marriage somehow promoted welfare and cost me more money i would oppose it....I am more opposed to people having kids out of wedlock than gay marriage...they cost me money and are doing way more damage to this country than gay marriage...

history is on my side again...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

After all, you claim there is no harm due to gay marriage, yet it has only been around for a few years.  Compare this  to actual marriage

It is actual marriage. Only bigots call it something else.

It is quite pathetic for an entitled white male to pretend that gay people are somehow imposing something on him by asking his bigotted self to stop getting government to deny them equality.

Don't pretend you aren't a bigot, Mr.

homosexuality is as wrong as cancer

Dangle a hook in the water, and the real intolerance of the left comes out.

See, for the left, homosexuality is not about science, it is about feelings. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

After all, you claim there is no harm due to gay marriage, yet it has only been around for a few years.  Compare this  to actual marriage

It is quite pathetic for an entitled white male to pretend that gay people are somehow imposing something on him by asking his bigotted self to stop getting government to deny them equality.

He IS a bigot. Skeeters problem is that you aren't diverse enough to accept his bigotry. And he can't wrap his little mind around that.

Oh, man. I'm under attack by a bunch of haters.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

the real intolerance of the left comes out

Why should anyone tolerate your statement that gay people are as wrong as cancer?

Because words have meaning.  You are wrong on the facts.  Here's the Websters definition of marriage:

(1) : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2) : the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage <same-sex marriage>

notice the primary definition?  Notice the qualifiers in the second definition?

you are wrong on the facts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Dangle a hook in the water, and the real intolerance of the left comes out.

See, for the left, homosexuality is not about science, it is about feelings. 

Yes, liberals are intolerant of bigots.  Is that really a problem?  No, quite the contrary.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfilio. Show portfilio's posts

Right wing delusionals say government has no role in controlling people's lives.  Yet these same loonies feel government has the right to enter your bedroom and tell you how to run your marriage.

The lunacy of these ninnies never stops!

Sections
Shortcuts