Someone's jumping ship before the Benghazi details emerge.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: Someone's jumping ship before the Benghazi details emerge.

You'd be hard pressed to find someone with a more decorated and distinguished military career.  Still, all that training and discipline was not enough to control the weapon between his legs.  Women are powerful.

--------
    David Howell Petraeus (pronunciation: /pɨˈtreɪ.əs/; born November 7, 1952) is the former Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. He was sworn in on September 6, 2011,[2] and resigned on November 9, 2012.[3] Prior to his assuming the directorship of the CIA, Petraeus was a four-star general serving over 37 years in the United States Army. His last assignments in the Army were as commander of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) and Commander, U.S. Forces Afghanistan (USFOR-A) from July 4, 2010 to July 18, 2011. His other four-star assignments include serving as the 10th Commander, U.S. Central Command (USCENTCOM) from October 13, 2008, to June 30, 2010, and as Commanding General, Multi-National Force - Iraq (MNF-I) from February 10, 2007, to September 16, 2008.[4] As commander of MNF-I, Petraeus oversaw all coalition forces in Iraq.[5][6]

Petraeus has a B.S. degree from the United States Military Academy, from which he graduated in 1974 as a distinguished cadet (top 5% of his class). He was the General George C. Marshall Award winner as the top graduate of the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College class of 1983.[7] He subsequently earned an M.P.A. in 1985 and a Ph.D. degree in International Relations in 1987 from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University. He later served as Assistant Professor of International Relations at the United States Military Academy and also completed a fellowship at Georgetown University.[8]

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Well, I guess that settle whether he is a Republican or Democrat.

Democrats don't lose their jobs when caught in a sexual indiscretion.  They are given a medal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

I don't see any connection to Benghazi. 

A CIA director or any high level intelligence official found to have engaged in an affair will almost always resign or be fired.  Their infidelities make them open reprisals and vulnerabilities that can be exploited by outside entities to the detriment of the country.  Many government officials have been bribed for foriegn intelligence agents because those agents became aware of extra marital affairs, drug problems, etc. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Democrats don't lose their jobs when caught in a sexual indiscretion.  They are given a medal.

[/QUOTE]

Like John Edwards?

Just can't lay off that partisan binky, can you...?  What a fraud.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like John Edwards?

Just can't lay off that partisan binky, can you...?  What a fraud.

[/QUOTE]

Jon Edwards didn't have a political job when he was caught. YOU arte the fraud. you wil lbakc up ANY democrat.  Doesn't matter what they have done.  if there is a "D" next to their name, you're voting for them.  That's a fraud.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Comparing this to the hideous stuff that went on during W is laughable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't see any connection to Benghazi. 

A CIA director or any high level intelligence official found to have engaged in an affair will almost always resign or be fired.  Their infidelities make them open reprisals and vulnerabilities that can be exploited by outside entities to the detriment of the country.  Many government officials have been bribed for foriegn intelligence agents because those agents became aware of extra marital affairs, drug problems, etc. 

[/QUOTE]

That's not the issue, the affair I mean.  The issue, or should I say, opportunity for Obama, is that it sets up the general for a disorderly conduct charge which will cause him to lose his security clearance, and therefore, unable to disclose what he knows, because he no longer has the clearance to divulge what he knows.

Slick Chicago politics!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

They already said he shall continue in Obama's cabinet; if what happens is different, it shall remind one of the suddenly disappearing W staff members that seemed to happen from time to time.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BLAME BUSH!!!!

BLAME BUSH!!!

What went on under Bush?  Why does it matter?

Is you answer to any Obama indiscretion a claim, false or otherwise, that Bush did worse?

Stop being an ID10T.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

They already said he shall continue in Obama's cabinet; if what happens is different, it shall remind one of the suddenly disappearing W staff members that seemed to happen from time to time.

[/QUOTE]

Why does Bush matter?  Do you have ADD or something?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's not the issue, the affair I mean.  The issue, or should I say, opportunity for Obama, is that it sets up the general for a disorderly conduct charge which will cause him to lose his security clearance, and therefore, unable to disclose what he knows, because he no longer has the clearance to divulge what he knows.  Slick Chicago politics!

Geeez, you're a maroon. 

He's retired from the military numbnuts.

Retired as in not Mittens 'retroactrive' retirement but a "here's your check, hit the bricks" retrired.

Which means everything your just posted is a load of CRAP!!!

[/QUOTE]

Geez YOUR a maroon.

Retirement doesn't protect him, particulary as I am hearing this started when he was on active duty.  He can, not saying he will, but he can be charged.  There are restrictions by the military on what he can and cannot do.  In some cases, the window is two years, in other cases, more.  I tend to think that his retirement and subsequent work in the CIA means that he is likely still operating in a window where this is possible.  Not saying it will be done.

Regardless, his mouth will be clamped shut by the official secrets act.  Obama is going to throw a blanket over him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Besides.  the details of the legalities are unimportant.  It has just been reported due to this resignation, he will not be allowed to testify.

Obama has successfully thrown a blanket over Bengazi.

I guess Angry is happy that the President has successfully avoided telling us why 4 Americans were denied protection and as a result died.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]

Besides.  the details of the legalities are unimportant.  It has just been reported due to this resignation, he will not be allowed to testify.

Obama has successfully thrown a blanket over Bengazi.

I guess Angry is happy that the President has successfully avoided telling us why 4 Americans were denied protection and as a result died.

[/QUOTE]

I'm calling BS Skeeter - the only request for security at the Benghazi consulate was to bump up the number of security agents from 3 to 4.  On the night of the attack, there were 5 (two traveled with Stevens).  The bulk of the security requests related to the embassy in Tripoli. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Under Bush he was "General Betray-US".  Under Obama, CIA Director, and the libs had no problem with either.

[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing Greg - the General Betray-US thing was moveon.org - way, way to the left of the Dem party, and most of us found it ridiculous and distasteful.

But now the right seems to think that Petraeus was complicit in a coverup to help get Obama elected, whereas he was a hero under Bush.  And by the right, I mean the majority of the right - not just one whack-job sliver at the far end of the spectrum.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Comparing this to the hideous stuff that went on during Clinton is laughable.

Remember that cigar thingy?

[/QUOTE]

yes, what a reason to impeach somebody. Much worse than Gonzalez, Plame, & that profiteering sham of a war.

Oh -- and contrasting Clinton & Bush, there's the direction the budget & economy went

that cigar thingy is looking more & more important

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Could it be he took lessons from Harriet Miers?
    BLAME BUSH!!!!

BLAME BUSH!!!

What went on under Bush?  Why does it matter?

Is you answer to any Obama indiscretion a claim, false or otherwise, that Bush did worse?

Stop being an ID10T.

++++++++++++++++++

Apparently you haven't heard about the exit polls.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's the thing Greg - the General Betray-US thing was moveon.org - way, way to the left of the Dem party, and most of us found it ridiculous and distasteful.

Good for you, but most?  Not even in the parking lot of the ballpark.

But now the right seems to think that Petraeus was complicit in a coverup to help get Obama elected, whereas he was a hero under Bush.  And by the right, I mean the majority of the right - not just one whack-job sliver at the far end of the spectrum.

I can neither think of, nor find any. 

[/QUOTE]

You're not questioning the CIA reports that supported Susan Rice's description of events?  http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/benghazi-attack-becomes-political-ammunition/2012/10/19/e1ad82ae-1a2d-11e2-bd10-5ff056538b7c_story.html

Or the timeline the CIA released refuting the order to "stand down"?

You don't know anybody who is questioning these reports?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Perhaps a few are like that. More likely, they're not buying the current GOP message