So.who, among you, is enlisting in the military?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobc33. Show bobc33's posts

Sue, please relax for a few days; we're working extremely hard to get BDC to bring back the "ignore" button so we won't have to read your crap anymore. It should happen soon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

been there, done that. shut the fcuk up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from windjamer. Show windjamer's posts

SueMe,

First of all, I"m just an old vet. I already serve my time in hell. But, good old Saint Peter, don't want me yet. So, he put me in the green pasture. Anyway, I know you are hurting so much right now. Jealousy and envy doesn't get you anywhere. Cindy McCain is a rich woman. Which is rightfully so. She is also very active in charity work. You know, life is full of disappoinment. But life doesn't stop there. Get a grip Jarhead. It's not Cindy's fault that she is rich. Hell, we are born by chance. We come to this world with nothing. When we die, we become nothing. In the world of the dead everybody stinks. Why don't you come up with a better post. At least that make sense.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pymus. Show Pymus's posts

Just as soon as Barak Obama enlists so am I. That guy just inspires me!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aynnie. Show aynnie's posts

[Quote]
    Just as soon as Barak Obama enlists so am I. That guy just inspires me!

Did you feel the same way about GWB? Is that why you haven't signed up yet? Now he was one inspiring guy, no? What's the matter, somebody intelligent offends you? (oh, right that's so elitist). Look where your moron got us.

[/Quote]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcesOverKings. Show AcesOverKings's posts

Wow, Sue.

After some reflection and re-reading of your posts, I cannot possibly believe that you and your husband are both career Marines. I would just simply be astonished.

To answer your question, I'm your "taker." The dusty sand of Iraq has claimed its share of my blood, sweat, and tears. And I just cannot believe a career Soldier or Marine would be so lacking in class or discipline so as to mockingly challenge people to enlist, presume that they wouldn't if they were qualified, and then use a guilt-trip to direct them to a political website for familes of deployed servicemembers.

And I have to ask, you DO know what a Blue Star family is, right, Sue? And that just because people on this forum may not be rushing out to enlist, doesn't mean that they are Blue Star families, or should necessarily support politically active Blue Star families of either side.

You do realize that there are just as many Blue and Gold Star families that are gratified that we aren't going to waste their families' precious sacrifices by destabilizing a country, withdrawing, and leaving their people to slaughter and civil war? I'm just as frustrated as you are that we were there in the first place, but once the original mistake was made, we bear a responsibility for a diligent effort to make things right.

Lastly, and most importantly, you, me, your husband, your son, our brothers and sisters in arms... we all volunteered to serve in harm's way so that the folks that you're chastising here wouldn't have to. This Nation is not perfect, but it's founded on noble ideals, and you seem to have forgotten that volunteering and serving to protect and defend your fellow citizens is an honor, not a chore to resent or demean. We volunteer to serve selflessly, and yet you throw your service and sacrifice in civilians' faces and presume to lecture them?

You are entitled to you political views, but really, shame on you "Marine."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobc33. Show bobc33's posts

[Quote]...............

Lastly, and most importantly, you, me, your husband, your son, our brothers and sisters in arms... we all volunteered to serve in harm's way so that the folks that you're chastising here wouldn't have to. This Nation is not perfect, but it's founded on noble ideals, and you seem to have forgotten that volunteering and serving to protect and defend your fellow citizens is an honor, not a chore to resent or demean. We volunteer to serve selflessly, and yet you throw your service and sacrifice in civilians' faces and presume to lecture them?

You are entitled to you political views, but really, shame on you "Marine."[/Quote] ---

Aces,

Well said, and thank you for serving.

Many years ago I volunteered for the Army right after college, turning down a couple of good job offers, because I felt a call to give back to this country. Best decision I ever made in my life.