Stephen Colbert: unfunny sore loser

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Re: Stephen Colbert: unfunny sore loser

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Good grief...the guy was sticking up for his sister. No big deal. By the way.."whiny" is part of his schtick. He wines about everything..things on the right..things on the left. It's silly to parse out and draw conclusions from individual comments he makes without considering that.

He's a comedian...it's an act.

Personally..I love TDS and try to catch it whenever possible. I am not such a fan of Colbert's humor. I listen to too much whining on a daily basis to be amused by it from a comedian.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"He wines about everything..things on the right..things on the left"

Let me fix that for you...

"He whines and snarks about his opponents, political conservatives, period."

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

"That you don't realize he is satirizing a conservative media archetype is the second."

That is funny, you are actually dumb enough to think that I am dumb enough not to know Colbert pretends to be Bill O'Reilly.

In that case, you should understand the satire is directed primarily at the media and not necessarily politics.

From your posts, it's still not clear you actually get the joke, given your pointless derision directed at his audience.

It's not his or their fault most conservatives aren't funny.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Wish I could write like this:

"Over the past decade, political humor has proliferated not as a daring form of social commentary, but a reliable profit source. Our high-tech jesters serve as smirking adjuncts to the dysfunctional institutions of modern media and politics, from which all their routines derive. Their net effect is almost entirely therapeutic: they congratulate viewers for their fine habits of thought and feeling while remaining careful never to question the corrupt precepts of the status quo too vigorously."

"Our lazy embrace of Stewart and Colbert is a testament to our own impoverished comic standards. We have come to accept coy mockery as genuine subversion and snarky mimesis as originality. It would be more accurate to describe our golden age of political comedy as the peak output of a lucrative corporate plantation whose chief export is a cheap and powerful opiate for progressive angst and rage."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Wish I could write like this:

"Over the past decade, political humor has proliferated not as a daring form of social commentary, but a reliable profit source. Our high-tech jesters serve as smirking adjuncts to the dysfunctional institutions of modern media and politics, from which all their routines derive. Their net effect is almost entirely therapeutic: they congratulate viewers for their fine habits of thought and feeling while remaining careful never to question the corrupt precepts of the status quo too vigorously."

"Our lazy embrace of Stewart and Colbert is a testament to our own impoverished comic standards. We have come to accept coy mockery as genuine subversion and snarky mimesis as originality. It would be more accurate to describe our golden age of political comedy as the peak output of a lucrative corporate plantation whose chief export is a cheap and powerful opiate for progressive angst and rage."

Wish you knew how to post a source...

Who said this was a "golden age of political comedy", anyway...?

Love that dig at the end on progressives, though.  No bias here, huh?  Nahhh....  "All progressives are on drugs" = heck of a thesis, don't it?

It also doesn't say why conservative "angst and rage" just isn't that funny, nor why progressives shouldn't "rage" in the first place.

Maybe your writing ambition should aim higher.

Sections
Shortcuts