Stupid is as stupid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Stupid is as stupid

It takes all kinds of people to make the world go round..or something like that I suppose.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Who decides not "I want to dress up as a basketball player" but "the basketball player must also be black."

One has to wonder. I don't know anything about this guy so I can't say whether or not his "I'm not a racist" bit is true or not.

But....            doh!

If a black basketball player dressses up as a jewish new york assemblyman, is that racist?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

At the very least the assemblyman was very insensitive and exhibited poor judgement that shouldn't be tolerated by the people he represents.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

If a black basketball player dressses up as a jewish new york assemblyman, is that racist?

No. It might just be weird. But it might be anti-semitic.

It rather depends on what characteristics the person chooses to use in the costume in order to depict the concept of Jewishness.

If he goes with "rich greedy banker with giant nose and bag of gold around neck", then yeah, it doesn't look so good.

So if he went without the afro would it have not been "Racist" Since he'd then just be a "Black basketball player" And not a "Black basketball player with an afro"?? Basketball is primarily and proudly a black sport. How many white guys on average do you see on a pro basketball team??? One maybe two if your lucky??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

So if he went without the afro would it have not been "Racist" Since he'd then just be a "Black basketball player" And not a "Black basketball player with an afro"

What !?

First, I did not say he was being a racist. I suppose one could see it that way, but even if he's not a racist he should have realized it's just plain stupid to do that sort of thing.

Secondly, I don't see how afro vs. non-afro makes the distinction. It strikes me as weird to think that he needs not just to be a basketball player, but a black one.

Basketball is primarily and proudly a black sport. How many white guys on average do you see on a pro basketball team??? One maybe two if your lucky??

And how many ninjas were caucasian? None. But I don't see kids dressing up as Japenese ninjas in particular.

Just ninja costumes.

I get what your saying WDYWN. And suprising as it may seem i actually agree with you..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from doozy-day. Show doozy-day's posts

Stupid thread, stupid thread.............