Suspect #1 received Welfare benefits?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Suspect #1 received Welfare benefits?

This is where the system breaks down in my opinion. These types of decisions are why all people who receive "entitlements" are villified..even those who desperately rely on them. If the reports in the Herald and on Education News are correct and Suspect #1 was receiving welfare benefits..then something in the regulations has to change. 

I have no issue with his wife and child receiving benefits as they are citizens of the US, but I feel strongly that people who are here on a green card should not be receiving cash benefits from the state.  To me..if someone is not a citizen and can't find work or support themselves here, then they should return to their home country. 

I find it more than a little ironic that this guy..who supposedly had an ax to grind with the government about the overseas wars had no ax to grind when it came to receiving a check from the state.

I feel sorry for his wife..somewhat. It's sort of difficult to believe she didn't know anything about his plans...but it is early days and right now she seems like just another victim.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Suspect #1 received Welfare benefits?

Its not an isolated case either. Its rampant abuse at taxpayer expense

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Was a free Obamaphone used to detonate the explosives?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Was a free Obamaphone used to detonate the explosives?

You might have out-scummed Newtster. Congratulations.

Just because your politics doesnt like it doesnt make it a bad question!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

Just because your politics doesnt like it doesnt make it a bad question!!

And what would "your politics" conclude from the fact that an Obamaphone was used to detonate the explosives, if proven true.

You'll stoop to any depth to defend a fellow BDC con.

Nothing more tha, he was a terrorist that also abused our welfare system!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/22/tamerlan-tsarnaev-in-laws-selling-ri-home/

Maybe she won't need welfare payments now.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

I find it more than a little ironic that this guy..who supposedly had an ax to grind with the government about the overseas wars had no ax to grind when it came to receiving a check from the state.

I feel sorry for his wife..somewhat. It's sort of difficult to believe she didn't know anything about his plans...but it is early days and right now she seems like just another victim.

Look at it this way:  a hater  taking money from the government would get an ego boost.  His interpretation would be that he is "winning" by taking advantage of the system via his American wife.   This would also enable and inflate his contempt; he'd feel no sense of gratitude.   Sociopaths have a way of coming across as normal, as had been evidenced by the behavior of the two bombers / brothers, until the "mask" begins to fall off during intermittent behavior outbursts, and until the moment all hell breaks loose, and you find out who they really are.   

And yes, it looks as though commenters all over the internet are having a field day with the fact the bomber has access to welfare money (through marriage); no surprise there.   :)

As for the wife (and child), I agree it's too early in the investigation to fully understand how she could have been completely blind-sided.  The marriage and the scant details that have been publicized thus far are troubling.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

As for the wife (and child), I agree it's too early in the investigation to fully understand how she could have been completely blind-sided.  The marriage and the scant details that have been publicized thus far are troubling.  

Islam does not allow wives to question or have the same liberties that other marriages have. That may be a reason for her ignorance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Islam does not allow wives to question or have the same liberties that other marriages have. That may be a reason for her ignorance.

Understood ... yet, so hard to understand, if you know what I mean.  

It's a form of mind control that some of us can't relate to, and, if anything, would engender a lack of trust, let alone an ability to fall in love.  

This is where cultural differences truly come into play as it pertains to truly understanding the mindset.  

From what I've read, her friends saw the wife change drastically over the past few years.   She was not the same person that she was before she met this man, and from what they have said, it was not a change for the better.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Understood ... yet, so hard to understand, if you know what I mean.  

It's a form of mind control that some of us can't relate to, and, if anything, would engender a lack of trust, let alone an inability to fall in love.  

This is where cultural differences truly come into play as it pertains to truly understanding the mindset.  

From what I've read, her friends saw the wife change drastically over the past few years.   She was not the same person that she was before she met this man, and from what they have said, it was not a change for the better.   

[QUOTE]

Sad hard to grasp I agree

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

It doesn't have to do with Islam.

This happens all the time. The spouses and families of most people accused of murder simply cannot fathom the possibility that the person could have done it.

Thats true too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Mother say's she doesnt care if son's are killed and the world should hear ALLAH AKBAR!

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/04/whoa-zubeidat-tsarnaeva-tells-cnn-i-dont-care-if-my-youngest-son-is-killed-i-dont-care-if-i-am-killed-i-will-say-allahu-akbar-video/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Why not just include the full quote:

“If they are going to kill him. I don’t care. My oldest son is killed, so I don’t care. I don’t care if my youngest son is going to be killed today. I want the world to hear this. And, I don’t care if I am going to get killed too. And I will say Allahu Akbar!“

[QUOTE]

Ok, thanks?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

There's a part in each of us that is forever unknowable to any other person; the size of that part is as well forever unknowable.

We all have a part of ourselves that is "forever unknowable" if we consider that we are constantly evolving throughout our lives (well, hopefully, anyhow).   There is no "big reveal" for most of us.  

We are all born with a 'full set of buttons" -- you don't know if / when any of them will get pushed.   We don't even know ourselves.    

Do you think there are people who are generally easy to get to know, and "what you see is what you get" ... true examples of  the "open book" ?  

Either way, as the facts re: the bombers / brothers surface, it's hard not to feel a sense of unease, coming to grips with these concepts.   

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I knew when I posted this thread that there would be a risk that the class clowns would try to derail it with the "obamaphones" issue. We've discussed this program ad naseum on this forum..yet they still don't get it. It's not an obama program...it's been around long before Obama and had the blessing of both sides of the political aisle. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to Robin39's comment:

No doubt she is going to incur a few legal bills of her own...not to mention now the family is in the limelight..and not in a good way. I am sure they would like to get out of dodge as quickly as possible. Given that she worked 60-80 hours a week..she was likely receiving benefits in the form of child care..rather than cash benefits.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Look at it this way:  a hater  taking money from the government would get an ego boost.  His interpretation would be that he is "winning" by taking advantage of the system via his American wife.   This would also enable and inflate his contempt; he'd feel no sense of gratitude.   Sociopaths have a way of coming across as normal, as had been evidenced by the behavior of the two bombers / brothers, until the "mask" begins to fall off during intermittent behavior outbursts, and until the moment all hell breaks loose, and you find out who they really are.   

And yes, it looks as though commenters all over the internet are having a field day with the fact the bomber has access to welfare money (through marriage); no surprise there.   :)

Hi Yogafriend...excellent point. I hadn't thought about it from that angle..!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to chiefhowie's comment:

In response to chiefhowie's comment:

The Obama phone is why we have a 2nd gen of G.I.T.M.

Obama has not been in office for two generations.

Besides, it's the Reagan phone if you want to be straight about it.

Sorry not political savy, thought Political generation was 4yrs.

Four years is considered a term. A generation is a much broader unit of measure.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

I knew when I posted this thread that there would be a risk that the class clowns would try to derail it with the "obamaphones" issue. We've discussed this program ad naseum on this forum..yet they still don't get it. It's not an obama program...it's been around long before Obama and had the blessing of both sides of the political aisle. 

Really poor answer on your part. Just because a federal progam was in existence before Obama took office, does not give his Administration a mulligan for abusing it beyond all reason. One example, EBT,  food stamps has doubled, with almost 50 million recipients.(Either the Obama economy has resulted in 50 million Americans starving, or the program is outof control, cant have both)

The "Obamphone" program was miniscule in size and started before cell phones existed, as a way to allow very poor people access to communications. That purpose is no longer valid.

The program has nearly tripled in size from $800 million in 2009 to $2.2 billion per year in 2012...Tripled in size....cell phone companies making hundreds of millions.

Ads from greedy cell phone companies are everywhere, advertising "free" cellphones. Massive fraud.

But at least your thread tells us even liberals draw the line at immigrant terrorists getting welfare...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"Funny how people can get screwed over when the economy collapses, eh?"

Yet when the economy was "collapsed" under Bush there were but 24 million on food stamps...now there are 48 million and continuing to skyrocket...riddle me that one..

Either Obama policies have resulted in mass starvation and poverty.

Or his regulatory expansion of the program, and the crony big businesses making hundreds of millions , have desired to get as many Americans dependent on the program as possible...along with SS disability and Obamaphones,  existing programs gone wild.

Sections
Shortcuts