Swine on Parade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Swine on Parade

“When it comes to the debt limit, I agree with the president: We should pay our bills,” Mr. Boehner said. “I didn’t come here to shut down the government. I certainly didn’t come here to default on our debt.”

But he rejected the president’s call for Republicans to vote to raise the debt ceiling before any negotiations could begin.

“What the president said today was if there is unconditional surrender by Republicans, he’ll sit down and talk to us,” Mr. Boehner said. “That’s not the way our government works.”

They shut down government, demand unconditional surrender on Obamacare.

Now they want us to believe that Obama shut down government. Why would Obama shut down government in order to defund Obamacare?

No doubt the usual useless tools will agree with what Boehner said.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Re: Swine on Parade

You lack an objective point of view on this. How shocking!

Where can you find someone on the Repbulican side demanding "unconditional surrender"? They state some public position and want to talk. Obama says "I will not negotiate". Really, are you that partisan that you can't see who is demanding "unconditional surrender".? I guess so.

Is a one year delay on Obamacare for individuals "unconditional surrender" when Obama himself has delayed it for corporations and doled out 1000's of exemptions?

You forget that the President's power to veto is no stronger in power than the Republican's power in Congress to deny him what he wants. Why is the power of Congress to be ignored?

You seem to believe that there are only two positions - either Congress caves or the President does. There isn't anything in between? 

Oh, I forgot.

"I will not negotiate"

- Barack Hussein Obama

According to you the party willing to negotiate is shutting down government while the party who refuses to negotiate has no responsibility.

Bizarre logic. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

Where can you find someone on the Repbulican side demanding "unconditional surrender"? They state some public position and want to talk. Obama says "I will not negotiate". Really, are you that partisan that you can't see who is demanding "unconditional surrender".? I guess so.

Is a one year delay on Obamacare for individuals "unconditional surrender" when Obama himself has delayed it for corporations and doled out 1000's of exemptions?

You forget that the President's power to veto is no stronger in power than the Republican's power in Congress to deny him what he wants. Why is the power of Congress to be ignored?

You seem to believe that there are only two positions - either Congress caves or the President does. There isn't anything in between? 

Oh, I forgot.

"I will not negotiate"

- Barack Hussein Obama

According to you the party willing to negotiate is shutting down government while the party who refuses to negotiate has no responsibility.

Bizarre logic. 

Well, there might be a fragment of logic somewhere in there, but it certainly isn't the dessicated turds purveyed.

The first fecal fragment presented is that somehow, the GOP isn't demanding unconditional surrender. They initially demanded that Obamacare be defunded. Do you deny this? Or do you merely obfusticate it?

The unintended truth you tripped into is that at least one GOPer had no idea why they were shutting down da gubbament. He was sure it had something to do with respect, but beyond that he was at a loss for synapatic links.

And indeed, the GOP has backtracked from an unconditional demand for amorphous "negotiation." But negotiation about what?

Obamacare is the law of the land. Obama didn't shut down government. He can't. He's the President, see? It's the congress that has to pass these bills, and thus far, the GOP refuses to pass a no-strings attached bill.

So what part of that is so hard for you to understand and/or admit the truth of?

GOP demands Obama "negotiate" a law congress already passes or else the GOP will not allow the U.S. to pay debts the GOP authorized. You call that Obama shutting down government.

You yourself have in these forums pretended to admit that the GOP should not hold the debt limit hostage - you agreed that if congress has already authorized spendning, they should not then refuse to pay the bill. Your position here gives the lie.

If you actually believed that, you wouldn't be demanding the President "negotiate." What is there for him to negotiate about? Obamacare is already the law. The GOP does not now have the votes to repeal Obamacare.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

There isn't anything in between?

There is, when the bills authorizing the spending are passed.

Not when it comes time to pay the bills. That is not the time.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

[QUOTE]

Oh, I forgot.

"I will not negotiate"

- Barack Hussein Obama

Bizarre logic. 

Of for gawds sake... seriously?

You're spouting partisan bullcrappe while accusing others of doing it.

You really aren't the sharpest tool in the shed are ya spanky? Does 'projection' mean anything to a dunce like you?

Hey how about this:

Follow the dang Constitution!

The whackjobs have had their vote, passed their proposal and sent it to the Senate.

The Senate, as a co-equal chamber has the power, vested by the Article 1 of the CONSTITUTION, to "concur or propose amendments" to the wingnuts bill.

Ya got that so far spanky?

The Senate has, 3 times, allowed an open and honest vote on every House CR.

They have sent back that same CR bill with their Constitutionally granted power of amending that bill.

So why hasn't the wingnuts allowed a vote that on the CR that has already passed these Constitutional hurdles?

Why won't you freakin cowards allow a vote on the same bill that the Senate allowed a vote on?

What are you so afraid of?

Rhetorical question: You are afraid that you idiots don't have the power to stop commonsense.

So just shut the fcvk up about "objectivity". You're sitting here encouraging one party to break the Constitutional process of appropriations just so you can keep your lips locked onto a very dirty part of your lemmings-with-suicide-vests anatomy.

[/QUOTE]

Here's an objective statement, a few of them:

Only Obama can default on the national debt.

Only Democrats are calling their political opponents terrorists.

Either the free market or single payer is preferable to Obamacare.  

Liberals, knowing that most people are lazy and dependent at some level, see this breaking their way to single payer, as Obamacare craters.  I think they are right.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:

“When it comes to the debt limit, I agree with the president: We should pay our bills,” Mr. Boehner said. “I didn’t come here to shut down the government. I certainly didn’t come here to default on our debt.”

But he rejected the president’s call for Republicans to vote to raise the debt ceiling before any negotiations could begin.

“What the president said today was if there is unconditional surrender by Republicans, he’ll sit down and talk to us,” Mr. Boehner said. “That’s not the way our government works.”

They shut down government, demand unconditional surrender on Obamacare.

Now they want us to believe that Obama shut down government. Why would Obama shut down government in order to defund Obamacare?

No doubt the usual useless tools will agree with what Boehner said.

Our government partially shutdown due to a failure of Congress (lack of a CR) that never reached the president.

Our leader failed by not doing all he could to create the atmosphere for a deal.  In the art of negotiation either everyone wins or everyone loses.

We lost.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

Our leader failed by not doing all he could to create the atmosphere for a deal.  In the art of negotiation either everyone wins or everyone loses.

But again, I take the position that debt limit emergencies are not the time for a deal.

This isn't the first debt limit fiasco. Why did the house go through another full year of authorizing spending bills if it meant to hold them hostage later? Hold them hostage at the authorization time if you must.

They engaged in a dangerous strategy that threatens us all. imo, a real leader stomps that strategy into the dust.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Of course, the point of this thread was simply to express my extreme disgust at Boehner's bald-face lies.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Of course, the point of this thread was simply to express my extreme disgust at Boehner's bald-face lies.

How do Obama's sit with ya?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Obama debt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

Obama debt

He really didnt mean it...as we all sadly know, all of Obama's speeches come with an expiration date.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"But again, I take the position that debt limit emergencies are not the timefor a deal."

Which really means  the time for a deal is....NEVER.

Because the only time the haughty Obama even acknowledges that voters elected a divided Government to keep him in check, is when he needs his precious debt limit raised, so he can confiscate more of the nation's declining wealth for his Government. 

Otherwise, Obama never negotiates, he spends his time flying around the country insulting and belittling Republicans.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

But again, I take the position that debt limit emergencies are not the timefor a deal.

This isn't the first debt limit fiasco. Why did the house go through another full year of authorizing spending bills if it meant to hold them hostage later? Hold them hostage at the authorization time if you must.

They engaged in a dangerous strategy that threatens us all. imo, a real leader stomps that strategy into the dust.

[/QUOTE]

What good is it to have a debt limit if every time we hit it, we simply lift it?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Conspicuosly absent is the part where Obama demanded:

Baby-Bush revoke his tax cut.

or

Baby-Bush remove all US troops from Iraq

or

That Medicare Part D was revoked

Etc.

But other than the explicit threats followed by un-constitutional actions by the whackjobs... they're exactly the same.

Again, I ask, what is being done that is un-constitutional?

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts