Talk to BDC- redux

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Talk to BDC- redux

Dear BDC,

Can you please restore the feature that allows one to see the author of a thread without clicking into the thread. It would save time for people like me who are not here all the time.

Also, can you please re-set the front page of each forum with the most recent posting time? Right now it still looks..to the occasional user..like some of the forums have been inactive for months. No one wants to click into an inactive forum .

thanks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Re: Talk to BDC- redux

While we are it how about being able to delete your own posts?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

And being able to see who deletes other peoples posts?!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would be interested in that as well.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would be interested in that as well.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you miscricket. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And why.

[/QUOTE]

It's something called 'holding people accountable'....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And why.

[/QUOTE]

jed,

I would very much like to see who reports other people posts and why...the reasons they give.

Maybe this should only be , of course, if a post is pulled due to the report.

I have been a major victim this week, esp. of OPs. 

The poster I thought it was has denied it. I think I believe him. 

That means a regular poster has gone on a bender.

That hurts the forum. It creates an atomosphere of suspicion.

When it is the OP, it messes up the whole thread for everyone.

As SB said today, "Will you guys give me enough time to read the OP before you report it?"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While we are it how about being able to delete your own posts?

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, Hansoribrother.

I think we should be able to delete our own posts just like we did before.

There will be no animosity like before because NOW when a post is removed, there is something left behind.

"This post was removed"

Before a post just vanished.

It should be fairly simple to restore the Delete Post function. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In the Red Sox forum, there is a BDC Dottie Thread.

In it, BDC Dottie collects posts from posters regarding issues with the forum. I found it very interesting reading since I look in on the Sox forum from time to time.

Truth be told, I am not sure that BDC will read this thread just because of its title or for any other reason.

Maybe after a few more posts...or give it the weekend, one or more of us should call this thread to the attention of BDC through the feedback page located ay "contact boston.com".

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And why.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would love to see it as well..but I doubt BDC will ever allow users to see who reports posts..but it is pretty easy to figure out on your own. A few months ago I was 90 percent sure who was behind the abundance of deleted posts. One thing the social sciences teach you is recognizing patterns. The patterns of deleted posts and comments regarding them are easy to recognize. Today...I stand at 99% certainty on who is behind the deleted posts both in the politics forum and the Red Sox forum..another forum that was completely insufferable for quite a while. Seems I owe those guys down there an apology..lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And why.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you misread my post. I too want deleted posts to note who was responsible. And why. It's important to note the lack of a question mark. It looks like this "?"

[/QUOTE]

The way most people have no clue about grammar it wouldn't surprise me that you just simply didn't use a question mark. 

And I think the "why" will be obvious based on the person responsible for deletion. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

And why.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you misread my post. I too want deleted posts to note who was responsible. And why. It's important to note the lack of a question mark. It looks like this "?"

[/QUOTE]

The way most people have no clue about grammar it wouldn't surprise me that you just simply didn't use a question mark. 

And I think the "why" will be obvious based on the person responsible for deletion. 

[/QUOTE]

"And why?" and "And why." are both grammatically correct. What you're missing is the use of punctuation. Punctuation can totally change the meaning of an otherwise grammatically correct sentence.

It's not surprising that you don't know the difference. One must question your ability to read anything. You actually doubled down on your own ignorance.

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha....um yeah I'm well aware of the difference. You missed my point. I thought you were asking me a question but simply missed the question mark. Given your history, you questioning what I post wouldn't exactly be uncharacteristic of you. But thanks for showing what a complete and utter d i c k you are. Good job.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And why.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"And why?" and "And why." are both grammatically correct. What you're missing is the use of punctuation. Punctuation can totally change the meaning of an otherwise grammatically correct sentence.

It's not surprising that you don't know the difference. One must question your ability to read anything. You actually doubled down on your own ignorance.

[/QUOTE]

For example, observe the following.....

"You're an idiot."

"You're an idiot?"

"See the difference."

"See the difference?"

[/QUOTE]

oooh...internet tough guy lashing out. You must feel so tough. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

I just read through this thread today.

Saw again why it would be great if BDC would share who reported a deleted post and the reasons why it was deleted.

A not very veiled reference to me was made by another poster regarding posts deleted in the Red Sox forum.

I peruse the forum. I also persuse BDC Dottie in the Red Sox forum.

Now a poster has jumped to the conclusion and posted it that I am hovering over the Sox forum deleting posts.

That is the atmosphere of suspicion not knowing that allows some posters to create in the sites.

She and I had a dustup yesterday. I am done with that. It never should have happened.

IMO both our posts were removed by BDC...and rightfully so. They were juvenille.

In fact, in BDC Dottie, that poster and another female poster are accused by several posters of getting a poster who also posts here suspended.

Now IMO, she should not make accusations she cannot back up. Nor should any of us.

It is hard when we get our posts pulled. I have contacted BDC about the string of OPs I had pulled this week. It is esp. weird since each and every OP pulled was only an article from a different source.

Now, however, let us see if this post stands OR somebody reports it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And why.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"You're an idiot."

"You're an idiot?"

"See the difference."

"See the difference?"

[/QUOTE]

jed,

I surely see the difference. What is so hard about that unless someone is deliberately being obtuse?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

And why.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"You're an idiot."

"You're an idiot?"

"See the difference."

"See the difference?"

[/QUOTE]

jed,

I surely see the difference. What is so hard about that unless someone is deliberately being obtuse?

[/QUOTE]

There you go again dishing it out. Be prepared to be able to take it. Understand Sweetie???

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And why.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"You're an idiot."

"You're an idiot?"

"See the difference."

"See the difference?"

[/QUOTE]

jed,

[/QUOTE]

He's being obtuse to the point (excuse the unintentional geometry pun) of being a straight line (intentional wordplay).

[/QUOTE]

Very good, jed.

He is also being childish in case anybody did not notice.

He escalated yet another long back and forth between us until he aimed a vulgarity directly at me. Not in the post...but at me.

That was enough for me. Told him I have a line in the sand. That line is I do not engage in dialogue with posters who aim vulgarities, obscenities directly at me. Dishing out is one thing. I do not dish out vulgarities at other posters nor do any other posters on this site ever ever aim vulgarities at me. He gave up right away. He knew this was a true statement.

I would read his posts to follow the continuity of the thread but neither ask him a question nor reply to one. 

Oh, and as for that "sweetie" he threw in. I told him before that not to call me "sweetie".

So now we have some juinor high behavior showing as well as a streak of misogyny.

In a way I am glad he stepped over my line in the sand. His "debates" are really games, just poking at the other poster for as long as he can. Been that way ever since I have been posting here. No growth whatsoever. 

Just a waste of time and energy. 

"sigh"...a typical post of his.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

And why.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"You're an idiot."

"You're an idiot?"

"See the difference."

"See the difference?"

[/QUOTE]

jed,

[/QUOTE]

There you go again dishing it out. Be prepared to be able to take it. Understand Sweetie???

[/QUOTE]

EST

• andiejen
    • First: 6/12/2011
    • Last: 12/28/2013

"I furthur resolve to concentrate on the Fourth of Buddha's Noble Truths...found below.

Among others is "Speaking in a truthful and non-harmful way...under Right Speech."

This one is particularly difficult to maintain when discussing politics, which by nature often leads to heated exchanges.

Yesterday, a poster and I both violated this princible. And BDC rightfully so, pulled many of our posts, including posts from this thread, on their own volition IMO.

They saw a situation of "mutual verbal combat" and got involved, also IMO.

To be honest , before studying Buddhism, I always thought the truth, and nothing but the truth, could be used as a verbal weapon that harmed another very much.

Nonetheless, I am re-dedicating myself to this tenet. I let one poster get "under my proverbial skin" and I posted in a way that is not usual for me. I will not speak for the poster in question.

IMO, I have been doing pretty well up until yesterday adhering to this difficult tenet.

Under Right Livelihood you should have a non-harmful livelihood. Well, my chosen profession of practicing the law has presented a serious challenge there as well.

But as Reuben, I have done the best I can without violating the oath I took when I was sworn in as a lawyer.

I do not just post. I am a political activist.  Have to adhere to these principles in real life...just like Christians should adhere to their Christian principles both here and in real life.

This thread was started as one of those lighter threads. It surely spiraled off into something else because of this and yet a third poster who right off the back attacked my beliefs as well as me.

All I can do is be responsible for my own speech and actions...not others.

So, I will endeavor to continue to contribute to this board but without violating the above as much as possible.

I also will refer to Buddhism as little as possible from here on out. Hopefully other posters will do the same."

I guess that  Right Speech pledge decided to take the weekend off?