In response to andiejen's comment:

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

And being able to see who deletes other peoples posts?!

And why.

It's something called 'holding people accountable'....

I think you misread my post. I too want deleted posts to note who was responsible. And why. It's important to note the lack of a question mark. It looks like this "?"

The way most people have no clue about grammar it wouldn't surprise me that you just simply didn't use a question mark. 

And I think the "why" will be obvious based on the person responsible for deletion. 

"And why?" and "And why." are both grammatically correct. What you're missing is the use of punctuation. Punctuation can totally change the meaning of an otherwise grammatically correct sentence.

It's not surprising that you don't know the difference. One must question your ability to read anything. You actually doubled down on your own ignorance.

For example, observe the following.....

"You're an idiot."

"You're an idiot?"

"See the difference."

"See the difference?"

jed,

I surely see the difference. What is so hard about that unless someone is deliberately being obtuse?

He's being obtuse to the point (excuse the unintentional geometry pun) of being a straight line (intentional wordplay).

Jed..I have to say that I am surprised to see you with such hostility towards Pinkie. I know I am not here nearly as much as some others..but I have never noticed this kind of hostility from you towards a poster who's views are moderate in every sense of the word. I know this exchange is none of my business...but I have often respected your views but I find myself taken aback by this new tone from you.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Re: Talk to BDC- redux

In response to miscricket's comment:

And why.

I think you misread my post. I too want deleted posts to note who was responsible. And why. It's important to note the lack of a question mark. It looks like this "?"

The way most people have no clue about grammar it wouldn't surprise me that you just simply didn't use a question mark. 

And I think the "why" will be obvious based on the person responsible for deletion. 

"And why?" and "And why." are both grammatically correct. What you're missing is the use of punctuation. Punctuation can totally change the meaning of an otherwise grammatically correct sentence.

It's not surprising that you don't know the difference. One must question your ability to read anything. You actually doubled down on your own ignorance.

"You're an idiot."

"You're an idiot?"

"See the difference."

"See the difference?"

jed,

I surely see the difference. What is so hard about that unless someone is deliberately being obtuse?

There you go again dishing it out. Be prepared to be able to take it. Understand Sweetie???

EST

• andiejen
    • First: 6/12/2011
    • Last: 12/28/2013

"I furthur resolve to concentrate on the Fourth of Buddha's Noble Truths...found below.

Among others is "Speaking in a truthful and non-harmful way...under Right Speech."

This one is particularly difficult to maintain when discussing politics, which by nature often leads to heated exchanges.

Yesterday, a poster and I both violated this princible. And BDC rightfully so, pulled many of our posts, including posts from this thread, on their own volition IMO.

They saw a situation of "mutual verbal combat" and got involved, also IMO.

To be honest , before studying Buddhism, I always thought the truth, and nothing but the truth, could be used as a verbal weapon that harmed another very much.

Nonetheless, I am re-dedicating myself to this tenet. I let one poster get "under my proverbial skin" and I posted in a way that is not usual for me. I will not speak for the poster in question.

IMO, I have been doing pretty well up until yesterday adhering to this difficult tenet.

Under Right Livelihood you should have a non-harmful livelihood. Well, my chosen profession of practicing the law has presented a serious challenge there as well.

But as Reuben, I have done the best I can without violating the oath I took when I was sworn in as a lawyer.

I do not just post. I am a political activist.  Have to adhere to these principles in real life...just like Christians should adhere to their Christian principles both here and in real life.

This thread was started as one of those lighter threads. It surely spiraled off into something else because of this and yet a third poster who right off the back attacked my beliefs as well as me.

All I can do is be responsible for my own speech and actions...not others.

So, I will endeavor to continue to contribute to this board but without violating the above as much as possible.

I also will refer to Buddhism as little as possible from here on out. Hopefully other posters will do the same."

I guess that  Right Speech pledge decided to take the weekend off?

"Edit - no longer wish to engage with this poster"

Nuf said.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

And why.

"You're an idiot."

"You're an idiot?"

"See the difference."

"See the difference?"

jed,

He's being obtuse to the point (excuse the unintentional geometry pun) of being a straight line (intentional wordplay).

Jed..I have to say that I am surprised to see you with such hostility towards Pinkie. I know I am not here nearly as much as some others..but I have never noticed this kind of hostility from you towards a poster who's views are moderate in every sense of the word. I know this exchange is none of my business...but I have often respected your views but I find myself taken aback by this new tone from you.

Well, I'm not sure you actually read the thread properly as it pertains to me and 46&2. Also consider his retort to Angie.

Are you to also take 46&2 to task for his responses? Like this for example, "The way most people have no clue about grammar it wouldn't surprise me that you just simply didn't use a question mark." Which is odd, isn't it? Just reread the thread to see where my "hostility" might have come from.

BTW, I didn't know it was Pinkie. What happened that he should have had to create a new account? It must have been something "terrible".

But back to this thread, I believe BDC should make note of who were responsible for deleted posts, and why. Simple really.

jed,

IMO, during this reappearance, she seems on a lecturing to the posters tear.

Started with me. Now she has included you.

In Sox forum, the "Issues With BDC" is full of such posts.

It was ugly with me yesterday. She just tried to draw me back in on this thread but I am not going there.

Back on topic, as you said, BDC should make note of the people who are responsible for deleted posts...and the reasons why.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

And why.

"You're an idiot."

"You're an idiot?"

"See the difference."

"See the difference?"

jed,

Well, I'm not sure you actually read the thread properly as it pertains to me and 46&2. Also consider his retort to Angie.

Are you to also take 46&2 to task for his responses? Like this for example, "The way most people have no clue about grammar it wouldn't surprise me that you just simply didn't use a question mark." Which is odd, isn't it? Just reread the thread to see where my "hostility" might have come from.

BTW, I didn't know it was Pinkie. What happened that he should have had to create a new account? It must have been something "terrible".

But back to this thread, I believe BDC should make note of who were responsible for deleted posts, and why. Simple really.

Hi Jed, I did not take pinkie's response as a personal attack towards you but in general as a lament about the lack of proper grammar usage on sites like this. Heck..just yesterday I had a poster tell me that it was poor etiquette to use bold type..I started to explain that I use it in "reply to" mode to differentiate between the posts but then decided..why bother..lol. It's an anonymous discussion forum and the only one who makes the rules here is BDC.

As far as his comment to Andie..well I am not the person to ask. My long running sympathies for her various online "plights" has come to an end. I will leave it at that.

As far as Pinkie's new account..he has been very forthcoming about his change of account name. In fact..IMO, he is probably one of the most genuine posters I have ever come across. There is nothing fake about him and in the online venue that is tough to come by. He didn't do anything terrible. If you remember back a few months the reporting of posts was out of control ( as it is becoming once again). As a result a few long time posters had their accounts suspended, deleted or something including WDYWN, Pinkie and a couple of more conservative posters.  So..no..nothing terrible..just the work of the BDC gremlin no doubt.

Anyhow..sorry you took his comment the way you did. I doubt Pinkie takes anything on this site quite so seriously and I have never seen him be deliberately mean or nasty to any poster unless it was in response to their own action.

I agree with you and Pinkie about the ability to see the person reporting the posts. I think it would solve a lot of problems for everyone. It's just something I don't see happening. Meanwhile..if you don't like what someone says or posts..the ignore button can be your friend...lol

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

And why.

"You're an idiot."

"You're an idiot?"

"See the difference."

"See the difference?"

jed,

Hi Jed, I did not take pinkie's response as a personal attack towards you but in general as a lament about the lack of proper grammar usage on sites like this. Heck..just yesterday I had a poster tell me that it was poor etiquette to use bold type..I started to explain that I use it in "reply to" mode to differentiate between the posts but then decided..why bother..lol. It's an anonymous discussion forum and the only one who makes the rules here is BDC.

As far as his comment to Andie..well I am not the person to ask. My long running sympathies for her various online "plights" has come to an end. I will leave it at that.

As far as Pinkie's new account..he has been very forthcoming about his change of account name. In fact..IMO, he is probably one of the most genuine posters I have ever come across. There is nothing fake about him and in the online venue that is tough to come by. He didn't do anything terrible. If you remember back a few months the reporting of posts was out of control ( as it is becoming once again). As a result a few long time posters had their accounts suspended, deleted or something including WDYWN, Pinkie and a couple of more conservative posters.  So..no..nothing terrible..just the work of the BDC gremlin no doubt.

Anyhow..sorry you took his comment the way you did. I doubt Pinkie takes anything on this site quite so seriously and I have never seen him be deliberately mean or nasty to any poster unless it was in response to their own action.

I agree with you and Pinkie about the ability to see the person reporting the posts. I think it would solve a lot of problems for everyone. It's just something I don't see happening. Meanwhile..if you don't like what someone says or posts..the ignore button can be your friend...lol

A general lament? "The way most people have no clue about grammar it wouldn't surprise me that you just simply didn't use a question mark."

You really can't follow a thread, can you?

Dolt.

jed,

So glad you were not fooled by her.

Truth be told, I did not think you would be. 

Think the two of them make a lovely couple. (:

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

And why.

"You're an idiot."

"You're an idiot?"

"See the difference."

"See the difference?"

jed,

A general lament? "The way most people have no clue about grammar it wouldn't surprise me that you just simply didn't use a question mark."

Dolt.

Haha..okay well I tried to smooth the ruffled feathers. I still do not believe he was attacking you personally but since you are determined to take it that way..then have at it. I can only speak for myself and I would not have taken the same thing directed at me as offensive or a personal attack. For now it's time for me to start my Saturday night so I wish you good night.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

And why.

"You're an idiot."

"You're an idiot?"

"See the difference."

"See the difference?"

jed,

You are 100% correct. Proper grammar in general on message boards is very poor. Hell it's poor in emails, texting, etc. My comment wasn't at all directed at Jed personally. 

And you are also correct that I take nothing on this site seriously. Life is too short to take life so serious. 

That being said, I do take serious kind words spoken about me. Thank you for your kind words. Much appreciated.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

And why.

"You're an idiot."

"You're an idiot?"

"See the difference."

"See the difference?"

jed,

Dolt.

Haha..okay well I tried to smooth the ruffled feathers. I still do not believe he was attacking you personally but since you are determined to take it that way..then have at it. I can only speak for myself and I would not have taken the same thing directed at me as offensive or a personal attack. For now it's time for me to start my Saturday night so I wish you good night.

"The way most people have no clue about grammar it wouldn't surprise me that you just simply didn't use a question mark."

Dolt.

Believe it is called retreat and regroup.

OR, she wound up with egg all over her face much to her surprise.

Needs to wash it off and rethink her strategy before she comes back on.

A cat fight with me yesterday she tried and failed to keep going today.

Comes after you today.

Gee, wonder what Sunday will bring?

As for "HaHa":.

Used to express amusement OR scorn.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

And why.

"You're an idiot."

"You're an idiot?"

"See the difference."

"See the difference?"

jed,

Dolt.

"The way most people have no clue about grammar it wouldn't surprise me that you just simply didn't use a question mark."

Dolt.

More insults..you so tough...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

And why.

"You're an idiot."

"You're an idiot?"

"See the difference."

"See the difference?"

jed,

Dolt.

Dolt.

Comes after you today.

Funny how you talk a big game about being a "nice" person. You're a fraud. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to twelve_angry_men's comment:

pinkie has said on multiple occassions that he is only here to troll, to poke and prod people into a running battle of insults.

His only intent on these boards is to annoy people and hide behind his keyboard.

I called him out but he never showed up.

12angrymen,

That is one of the problems with her being now just a visitor to this site, rather than a regular.

I know about you calling him out and him not showing. She does not OR is pretending not to know.

Though this particular insight of why he is really here I picked up on after only just a few weeks of posting here, she should know that.

To describe him as even tempered, one of the nicest posters on the board who never ever insults without provocation is either blinders closed or doing that on purpose to advance some agenda of hers.

Nobody else here would describe him that way.

Heck, the reason I recently stopped responding to him is after poking me, etc. he finally aimined a a vulgarity right at me. He knows I never ever do that in my posting. And no other poster here ever aims a vulgarity at me. That is a line I never cross. When I said I was done with him because of that, he did not put up an argument. 

What he is doing now, he posting about me, knowing I have said I will not address him. Like the above about me being a nice person....not.

Do not yet know how to shut him down. He has this one person who he is feeding off of, and vice versa.

What got her going yesterday, was my position on the ending of extended federal UI benefits. It is the opposite of hers. I posted such. My post also said something like shame on the people who voted for this and shame on the people who support this.

She took this as aimed directly at her. Also, she is a major veteran of these sites. She knows better than to launch a war instead of to debate the point. But that is what she has done with me. All the rest of the day yesterday. Today she even brought up my ongoing physical challeges. What a peach.

She even went back and added "Edit-no longer wish to engage with this poster anymore" to most of her posts. BDC pulled almost all of those posts. I was surprised they were watching...but I guess they were.

After that, today she continued on me. My one reply was to copy over a remaining "Edit-etc." and replied "Nuf said".

She first turned on jed to lecture him, just as she started in with me. Then when he did not back down, and even bought up 46&2"s shot at me, she tried a softer approach. It did not work.

She then retreated. Think she was stunned he called her a dolt. Twice.

She posts on other sites here. The Sox forum, which I only look in on, is full of her being quite nasty. "Issues With BDC" in the Sox forum also have her showing her teeth.

I had avoided confronting her on her opinions for a long time I think because there are so few women in the political forums. That was wrong on my part. Favoring my gender.

There are so many more guys whose political opinions I value and agree with far more than I ever did with hers.

Wha I do not want is her and 46&2 becoming a major distraction. He has been lost without jmel. Now, as long as she stays, he has his new jmel.

Hopefully other posters will see very quickly thru her like jed did. She is on some mission now. To win the cat fight she started with me for one.

All of this is ridiculous. The forum was moving along nicely until she came back. Now there are tons of deletions as well as this.

All over a poster who keeps announcing that this forum is dying and she is only a visitor.

I am going to try very hard and keep on not responding to her continous shots at me, as well as 46&2s. She keeps proclaiming she has very little time to post , but I have seen little evidence of that as of yet. My goal is to keep on doing my regular posting as if they are not here.

Maybe after the New Year, she will run out of posters to try to make allies and do some of the "professional" work she keeps harping on.

I know I sound miffed, and I am. She is playing games with the political forums. She is baring her teeth and trying to come up smelling like roses.  

You have had his number before I even got here. Now my wish is posters will soon get her number the sooner the better and the political forums will get back to topics without these two runing there own agendas.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

And why.

"You're an idiot."

"You're an idiot?"

"See the difference."

"See the difference?"

jed,

Dolt.

Dolt.

2. dolt

A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time. Many times they are oblivious to their own mental incapacity.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

And why.

"You're an idiot."

"You're an idiot?"

"See the difference."

"See the difference?"

jed,

Dolt.

Dolt.

Comes after you today.

"As far as his comment to Andie..well I am not the person to ask. My long running sympathies for her various online "plights" has come to an end. I will leave it at that."

"Anyhow..sorry you took his comment the way you did. I doubt Pinkie takes anything on this site quite so seriously and I have never seen him be deliberately mean or nasty to any poster unless it was in response to their own action."

Examples of "mean", "nasty" and of "frauds".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

And why.

"You're an idiot."

"You're an idiot?"

"See the difference."

"See the difference?"

jed,

Dolt.

Dolt.

More insults..you so tough...

It's an observation.

"More insults..you so tough..."

Pot meet kettle EXCEPT "Dolt"  is just an observation vs. "...you so tough..." which is an insult.

ob·ser·va·tion

: a statement about something you have noticed : a comment or remark

in·sult verb  

1. 1. speak to or treat with disrespect or scornful abuse.        

noun   ˈ

1. 1. a disrespectful or scornfully abusive remark or action

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

pinkie has said on multiple occassions that he is only here to troll, to poke and prod people into a running battle of insults.

His only intent on these boards is to annoy people.

Oh look....more lies from the coward who hid from me at the 99....bwahahahahahahahahaha 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

You are 100% correct. Proper grammar in general on message boards is very poor. Hell it's poor in emails, texting, etc. My comment wasn't at all directed at Jed personally. 

And you are also correct that I take nothing on this site seriously. Life is too short to take life so serious. 

That being said, I do take serious kind words spoken about me. Thank you for your kind words. Much appreciated.

Good morning Pinkie. You are very welcome. I have a philosophy regarding these online forums. It is based on that old saying "you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince". Translated to online forums...I believe that you have to be exposed to a lot of unpleasant internet users (trolls, flamers, unstable people and probably your occasional 13 year old..lol) in order to enjoy the good posters. That is essentially this site in a nutshell. I've said any number of times that this forum has deteriorated over the past year yet I still keep coming back. The reason I keep coming back are posters like you, WDYWN, Newman, Matty, AlleyCat, the ladies in CC and the seemingly gone Gregin and now Skeeter.

What's funny is that you and I frequently disagree on issues yet we are able to do it civilly. I respect that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Comes after you today.

Okay...this is too funny. What you have here Pinkie is a classic flamer maneuver. I've seen it before just not in this forum. At the risk of disappointing Andiejen she couldn't be more incorrect. What it's really called was signing off the internet for the night to have a movie and popcorn night with my wonderful husband..followed by some really cool family time when my son got in for the night. It's called being able to step away from the keyboard for more than 2 or 3 hours at a time.

I decided to be the better person last night and put Andiejen on ignore so I was not tempted to encourage whatever internet flame war she feels like she has to fight. Putting the best possible face on the actions of this poster, I am going with lack of sleep.  Putting the worst..she is nothing but a flamer.

As far as Jed is concerned, you've told him straight out that you didn't mean the comment the way he took it. I ( a third party) also stated that it didn't seem like you meant what he thinks you meant....yet he is still determined to believe that's what you meant..yikes!  Better to just let him think what he is determined to think.  He can call me a dolt all he wants..but clearly he's just not getting it.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

His only intent on these boards is to annoy people.

Oh look....more lies from the coward who hid from me at the 99....bwahahahahahahahahaha 

Oh snap..hang on. Is 12angry the former Airborneranger ( or something along those lines?). I do remember that whole 99 thing and applaud you for taking the bull by the horns.

• Sections
    Shortcuts