Re: Tax Revenue, the Recession, Spending and the Fiscal Cliff
posted at 12/8/2012 11:30 AM EST
In response to zinsncabs' comment:
In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
In response to zinsncabs' comment:
Spanky? Is that the best you can come up with? Really? You disappoint me. First, the president doesn't pass budgets - Congress does (7th grade Civics - you must have been out sick that day). Harry Reid hasn't carried a budget to a vote in what, 3 years? But that's another story. God, if there was ever a walking, talking example of why this nation sorely needs term limitations in Congress, Harry's it. The proof? See for yourself: And the debt ceiling has everything to do with what's spent. The president can't borrow beyond it to fund spending (which you need to do when you repeatedly run trillion $+ deficits). It's controlled by Congress which is why the president proposed (on Wednesday) that Congress cede control of it. This was done for purely political reasons - the president knows that this will never happen, which is why he proposed it. He doesn't want a deal, what he wants is to break the Republicans in the House and he will risk a recession to achieve it. And yes, our deficits are driven by entitlement - wait for it, wait for it - SPENDING. Setting aside the issue of taxes and their adverse impact on growth (which perversely is what drives tax revenue), you can't raise enough tax revenue to bridge the gap. Which is why suggestions of deferring entitlement reform are the height of irresponsibility and the president's whole let's preserve the Bush tax cuts for the 98% and raise marginal income tax rates on the remaining 2% is a mirage (not to mention political pandering of the highest order). And incidentally, why is it that liberals always seem to resort to name calling when people disagree with them? Anyway, I smell a revolution coming. No, not a get the guns and let's head for the hills kind of revolution, but a Republican revolution in Congress. What we need is a leader like Newt (without the philandering). A back-bencher who is not afraid to throw bombs and put forth a bold vision like his Contract with America. This president doesn't warrant respect, so it's time to get nasty.
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Gawd, you really are a delusional nose-to-rectum lemming.
A wingnut revolution??? I gotta hand it to you ideological imbeciles, nothing can shake your nose from the buttocks of the wingnut in front of you, including reality.
Hey numbnuts, ya never answered my questions. In fact you just reinforced how fvcking stupid you are.
If there's no budget then where is Obama getting all this money he's supposed to be spending?
It's really simple but still way beyond your comprehension.
And that proposal to allow PotUS to raise the debt ceiling and have the Congress vote it down?
That was a whacko wingnut policy proposed and passed by Droopy-dawg McConnell last year.
But hey, don't let facts get in the way of you ignorance, ya might burst a blood vessel, or worse have to confront reality.
It's obvious you're just another whacko wingnut who dutifully regurgitates echo chamber bullshiat without actually knowing what the fcuk your babbling about.
See ya at the 'revolution'.
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Gawd, you wingnuts are hilarious.
Over the past couple of years there have been several proposed budgets - for example, Paul Ryan's Path to Prosperity. There's been little agreement. What has essentially occurred is that various resolutions and appropriations were passed over time to continue funding government spending on a short term basis.
$4.8 B. That's the amount we borrow on a daily basis. Well done Mr. President. That's a record to be proud of along with annual trillion dollar deficits and a national debt of $16.2 T. Four years ago today, it was $10.6 T. And seriously, "numbnuts?" You're better than that. And yes, I'm mocking you~
The fallacy is that Obama spent this money. If the deficit is 1.2 trillion when he walked through the door, status quo would bring us to a $15.4 T debt over four years. Obama has actually reduced the deficit slightly in his first term. The last president to do so was Clinton. The last president before him was Carter. Any way you slice it, this lies at the feet of the presidents with Rs after their names.