Teacher fired for racist remark.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Teacher fired for racist remark.

Shame we are so sensitive. I dont think she should have been fired nor if, it was reversed!

http://www.examiner.com/article/school-counselor-fired-for-racist-comments-about-west-texas-tragedy

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: Teacher fired for racist remark.

In response to tvoter's comment:

Shame we are so sensitive. I dont think she should have been fired nor if, it was reversed!

http://www.examiner.com/article/school-counselor-fired-for-racist-comments-about-west-texas-tragedy

If it was the other way around this would be a MUCH bigger story. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Innocent comments have been used to destroy so many people for so long now; we live not in a society of free speech but, a society of free speech as long as it is politically correct!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Certain people, because of their jobs or positions, relinquish some of their rights.

A cop can be fired over a racist comment because his prejudice would interfere with a neutral application of the law.

A soldier can be dishonorably discharged if he makes disparaging remarks about his chain of command, up to and including the President.

So should a teacher be fired for racist comments because that mindset is considered antithetical the responsibilities s/he has as educating young children. Kids are not sent to school to be taught racism.

I know. I am of the opinion that what you do outside of work s long as it is not illegal or causes anyone physical harm (especially when it's a post on a social website and you put LOL after your infeasible remark) is none of the employers business!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Certain people, because of their jobs or positions, relinquish some of their rights.

A cop can be fired over a racist comment because his prejudice would interfere with a neutral application of the law.

A soldier can be dishonorably discharged if he makes disparaging remarks about his chain of command, up to and including the President.

So should a teacher be fired for racist comments because that mindset is considered antithetical the responsibilities s/he has as educating young children. Kids are not sent to school to be taught racism.

I know. I am of the opinion that what you do outside of work s long as it is not illegal or causes anyone physical harm (especially when it's a post on a social website and you put LOL after your infeasible remark) is none of the employers business!

so prejudices are OK to have for people in these lines of work as long as it's done privately and has an "LOL" after it??

just because this person didn't say it "publicly" doesn't mean it's OK. that teacher should be fired and for good reason.

like ACC said, that person has betrayed the responsibilities put upon them. whether it was said publicly or privately there is no place for that type of thinking in those lines of work.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

so prejudices are OK to have for people in these lines of work as long as it's done privately and has an "LOL" after it??

just because this person didn't say it "publicly" doesn't mean it's OK. that teacher should be fired and for good reason.

like ACC said, that person has betrayed the responsibilities put upon them. whether it was said publicly or privately there is no place for that type of thinking in those lines of work.

I guess you are right, teachers etc are not allowed to joke or use parodies on their own time.

Political correctness gone F'n crazy!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to CommyContrarian's comment:

seriously u think there's any doubt she shhould b fired. i happen to b black and there's no way i would want her working for me. its not that it makes her discriminatory with white students but even if she's working in a black school, we dont need these types polluting more black youth in narrowness. unacceptable by anyone..

I would say absolutlely fire her if, she had any history of condoning or having this type of behavior in school but, this one instance from a FB post where she adds LOL to a silly remark about "all white people will be gone soon anyway" is ridiculous