Tebowing in Foxboro

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Tebowing in Foxboro

An odd move. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re: Tebowing in Foxboro

Dont ever doubt the football genius of Bill Belichick. He has something in mind....

Of course, antireligious zealots hate Tebow because he is a Christian.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

I don't think he is hated because he is a devout Christian. There are many that respect him for his beliefs and somehow make a connection from that to the football field. There are others that likely find him an amusing specimen like a laboratory rat. Hmmm, look at him. He is outwardly religious and has a nerve to talk about it! Isn't that special!

If he can't produce, he's toast. The time he came to Foxboro in the playoffs? He was HORRENDOUS. How he beat the Steelers the week before is beyond me. Troy Polamaloooo was just way too aggressive on the overtime play on got caught going the wrong way.

I think he has the atheltic ability and attitude to be an NFL star, but only if he can deal with not being a QB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

zealots hate Tebow because he is a Christian.

Um, ok?

Inside the NFL host “JB” James Brown asked his co-host Cris Collinsworth a question regarding how Tim Tebow is treated, and Collinsworth was straightforward about his thoughts.  Collinsworth said, “It’s unbelievable, JB, that one of the best kids – pure kids that’s ever come into the NFL, is hated because of his faith, because of his mission work, because of the fact that he wears it on his sleeve…”

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Tebow will excel in NE!

The media is drooling

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Looks like I wandered into a Patriots forum by mistake. My bad.

--

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

I trust BB to find a spot for Tebow because despite his inadequecies as a QB, the guy could play a role as a runner, lead blocker in some situations, and likely a H-Back/TE hybrid. 

Certainly giving a guy a chance to make the team who is willing to do whatever he is asked to do on the field and is a proven winner is a no brainer, and I suspect more teams would have given him a look if they didn't feel the media circus would be too distracting, especially during the off season where teams are molding their identities. 

But a team like the Patriots makes a lot of sense as a landing spot for Tebow.  There won't be any pressure for him to step in the QB role, he can occupy the 3rd QB slot and give the first team defense some interesting looks when preparing for teams that utlize the read option (Carolina is one the schedule this year and other teams may use that look situationally) and the Pats can also work on developing some of his other skill sets.  He's a big guy with good open field instincts, so him catching the ball out of the backfield, or being a short yardage type back makes a lot of sense. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

he's not hated because of his reigion. he's hated because he's overrated. i appreciate the guy's toughness, and the way he plays the game, and hopefully BB can do something with him.

Why hate him at all?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Pats can also work on developing some of his other skill sets.

Belichik has a history of thinking outside the box with utilizing the skill sets of his players. He likes guys that can do more than one thing and I think that Tebow fits that mold. They're also pretty no nonsense when it come to non-football isssues so this it probably a good place for Tebow to land. Bill will base his evaluation on whether or not this guy can help the team and keep him based on that alone.

--

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

The Patriots, once again making it fun.

Religious zealots of all stripes, not so much.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

Belichik has a history of thinking outside the box with utilizing the skill sets of his players. He likes guys that can do more than one thing and I think that Tebow fits that mold. They're also pretty no nonsense when it come to non-football isssues so this it probably a good place for Tebow to land. Bill will base his evaluation on whether or not this guy can help the team and keep him based on that alone.

Agreed.  Right now picking him up is a low risk proposition.  He can work out with the team for the next couple of months, the coaches can see how performs in practice and in some preseason action, and then figure out if there is a good spot for him on the 53 man roster.  I think for him to make the team he will need to on special teams as well to justify a roster spot since he will probably spend the year as a situational player learning a new role on the job.  But I am sure if you ask Tebow he will be just fine with that, I genuinely think he just wants an opportunity to play football even if it isn't at the QB position. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

tebow is entitled to his opinion on anything its still America...for now...

he is a very good football player...anyways we need to replace Gronkowksi and his frail baseball player-like body..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

It is a good move for both.  The Pats signed him at the veteran league minimum, Tebow wants to play until at least he sticks around long enough to collect benefits from the league for a while.

If anything Tebow will be a good practice QB and I doubt will do anything against Bill's way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Um, ok?

Inside the NFL host “JB” James Brown asked his co-host Cris Collinsworth a question regarding how Tim Tebow is treated, and Collinsworth was straightforward about his thoughts.  Collinsworth said, “It’s unbelievable, JB, that one of the best kids – pure kids that’s ever come into the NFL, is hated because of his faith, because of his mission work, because of the fact that he wears it on his sleeve…”

Give me a f'ing break. He isn't hated. He was mocked because of his constantly "tebowing".

Just like you'd mock a baseball player for abulating towards Mecca every time he hit a home run.

Jah.  I can't get through a single game without that offending me.  Sigh.  How did muslims learn to play ball anyways?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

You're gonna have to do better than Collinsworth's self-righteous bloviating to make a point.  The guy keeps his wind in jars to savor later.

Tebow is not the first nor last 1st-round pick fail to meet expectations.

That said, the only time I had issue with Tebow was when he opposed our Pats.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

How did muslims learn to play ball anyways?

More swill from the garbageman.

They learned the same way Muhammad Ali learned to beat the snot out of people, you wretched turd.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

You're gonna have to do better than Collinsworth's self-righteous bloviating to make a point.  The guy keeps his wind in jars to savor later.

Tebow is not the first nor last 1st-round pick fail to meet expectations.

That said, the only time I had issue with Tebow was when he opposed our Pats.  

From alleycatbruin:

Not exactly a message of love and understanding.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

he's not hated because of his reigion. he's hated because he's overrated. i appreciate the guy's toughness, and the way he plays the game, and hopefully BB can do something with him.

Bullsh!ht. There is an element that hates him because of his religion. Listen to sports radio, watch shows like Around the Horn. Well documented that there are many who can't stand him due to his religious stance.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Bullsh!ht. There is an element that hates him because of his religion. Listen to sports radio, watch shows like Around the Horn. Well documented that there are many who can't stand him due to his religious stance.

Is that hatred or just mockery?

(I don't listen to sports radio or watch around the horn, so I'm just asking...)

I have no problems with Tebow, but there can indeed be something unseemly about grandiose gestures of faith in the public eye.  If he's mocked in public, I think it's because he's playing in public at being a drama queen/primadonna, not because he's a devout christian.

Regardless, that may change in tight-lipped, tight-scripted Foxboro...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

From alleycatbruin:

Not exactly a message of love and understanding.

I'm not following you...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Is that hatred or just mockery?

Both 

(I don't listen to sports radio or watch around the horn, so I'm just asking...)

I have no problems with Tebow, but there can indeed be something unseemly about grandiose gestures of faith in the public eye.  If he's mocked in public, I think it's because he's playing in public at being a drama queen/primadonna, not because he's a devout christian.

Regardless, that may change in tight-lipped, tight-scripted Foxboro...

I'm not religious and I have no problem with Tebow's religion. He doesn't go out of his way to show off his faith all that much. I've seen others who are MUCH worse.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Um, ok?

Hes hated because he is an absolutely dreadful qb, and that's really it. If he was great no one would care about his religious or political affiliations. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

How did muslims learn to play ball anyways?

More swill from the garbageman.

They learned the same way Muhammad Ali learned to beat the snot out of people, you wretched turd.

Hey, I only know two boxers: Cassius Clay and Mohammad Ali.

I guess you don't know a joke when you see it.  Must be too much for you to handle.

but seriously, because I don't follow sports, are there baseball players that bow to Mecca when they hit a home run?

Sections
Shortcuts