1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: ‘Ted Cruz Is the Stone Temple Pilots of Libertarianism', and Other Revelations.

I have no doubt that is the first Dinosaur Jr reference in a BCD news forum.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Re: ‘Ted Cruz Is the Stone Temple Pilots of Libertarianism', and Other Revelations.

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have no doubt that is the first Dinosaur Jr reference in a BCD news forum.

--

[/QUOTE]

SB,

I believe you are correct. So A+ for creativity. Also new lexicons have to start somewhere.

This could become a new lexicon.

Right up there with "Zombie Lies".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

If Cruz is the STP of Libertarianism, I wonder what that makes David Koch who ran as the Libertarian Party's Vice Presidential candidate in 1980.

Sen Sanders has the Party's platform listed on his website.

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/koch-brothers" rel="nofollow">http://www.sanders.senate.gov/koch-brothers

A few excerpts:

We support repeal of all law which impede the ability of any person to find employment, such as minimum wage laws.
    - We favor the repeal of the fraudulent and virtually bankrupt Social Security system.
    - We favor the abolition of Medicare and Medicaid programs.
    - Government ownership, operation, regulation, and subsidy of schools and colleges should be ended.
    - We call for the privatization of the railroad system, public roads, national highway system, inland waterways, and of the distribution system that brings water to industry, agriculture and households.
    - We oppose all personal and corporate income taxation, including capital gains taxes.
    - We urge the repeal of federal campaign finance laws.

The 1980 platform also called for abolishing the EPA, FDA, OSHA, FAA, FEC, Departments of Energy and Transportation, and the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I wonder what that makes David Koch who ran as the Libertarian Party's Vice Presidential candidate in 1980.

Wendy O. Williams?

--

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Sanders wants to return to the Articles of Confederation?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

Cruz strikes me more as the Tiny Tim of ... anything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Cruz es une tio Tomas.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In response to high-road's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How so?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Whatever band is made up of hypocrites, these Republicans are "that band" of Republicanism....

Hey, remember Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.), the guy who threw needless layers of bureaucracy at SpaceX because the private space company was doing its job of launching rockets into space a little too well? Well, it looks like he’s being joined by gentlemen from the other side of the Capitol: Three congressmen are trying to do the same thing.

Here’s the deal: SpaceX, as you may know, is making good on its promise to make access to space cheaper and more reliable. Their Falcon 9 rocket is putting payloads into orbit for less money than the big government contractors charge.

As one might expect, government officials who have such contractors in their own districts and states are unhappy with this. And apparently some are willing to smear SpaceX as retribution.

Three House members—Mike Coffman (R-Colo.), Mo Brooks (R-Ala.), and Cory Gardner (R-Colo.)—have sent a memo to NASA demanding that the agency investigate what they call “an epidemic of anomalies” with SpaceX missions.

This is ridiculous for many reasons. For example, the congressmen say that SpaceX should be accountable to the American taxpayer, but in fact as a contractor the rules are different for them than they would be if NASA themselves built the rockets, just as the rules are for Boeing or any other contractor. In fact, as reported by Space News, NASA didn’t actually pay for the development of the Falcon 9; Elon Musk did.

[continues]

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2014/08/12/congress_and_spacex_red_tape_ties_up_private_space.html

So much for the "free market".....   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Cruz is the STP of Libertarianism, I wonder what that makes David Koch who ran as the Libertarian Party's Vice Presidential candidate in 1980.

Sen Sanders has the Party's platform listed on his website.

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/koch-brothers" rel="nofollow">http://www.sanders.senate.gov/koch-brothers" rel="nofollow">http://www.sanders.senate.gov/koch-brothers

A few excerpts:

We support repeal of all law which impede the ability of any person to find employment, such as minimum wage laws.
    - We favor the repeal of the fraudulent and virtually bankrupt Social Security system.
    - We favor the abolition of Medicare and Medicaid programs.
    - Government ownership, operation, regulation, and subsidy of schools and colleges should be ended.
    - We call for the privatization of the railroad system, public roads, national highway system, inland waterways, and of the distribution system that brings water to industry, agriculture and households.
    - We oppose all personal and corporate income taxation, including capital gains taxes.
    - We urge the repeal of federal campaign finance laws.

The 1980 platform also called for abolishing the EPA, FDA, OSHA, FAA, FEC, Departments of Energy and Transportation, and the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

[/QUOTE]

I knew there were a bunch of good reasons to be a fan of the Koch brothers. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

[QUOTE]

How so?

[/QUOTE]

A performer with little talent who suddenly becomes an unexplainable and irrational fad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to ronreganfan's comment:

I knew there were a bunch of good reasons to be a fan of the Koch brothers.

Getting rid of all income taxation, thereby effectively shutting down the federal government's ability to do anything...........even pay for an army.....

If you think that is a good idea, you are the one who wants to Destroy America....not Obama.

There were 99 problems with the Articles of Confederation, but an overly powerful federal government wasn't one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

A performer with little talent who suddenly becomes an unexplainable and irrational fad.

So that would make President Obama = Lana Del Rey

a pretty face to go along with being pretty vacant.

--

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In response to ABRAXAS 1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why does Pee Wee Herman come to my mind?

[/QUOTE]

Excellent bike riding skills?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Well, a lot of Cruz's speeches are verbal m-bation....like most politicians.... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:

In response to ronreganfan's comment

I knew there were a bunch of good reasons to be a fan of the Koch brother

Getting rid of all income taxation, thereby effectively shutting down the federal government's ability to do anything...........even pay for an army.....

If you think that is a good idea, you are the one who wants to Destroy America....not Obama.

There were 99 problems with the Articles of Confederation, but an overly powerful federal government wasn't one.

@@@

So true. Most people don't understand that.  Heck, most people don't even know about the AOC.

Of course, I said lot's of good reasons.  Never said I agreed with everything.

but, if you think less of what government currently does is not the cure, well, then you are the one destroying the people of this once great nation. Our current government seems to be more informed by HAL2000 than the constitution.

it is people who think like you, that controlling people for their own good is somehow a healthy way to run a country, that's the problem.

Sections
Shortcuts